Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

176 - 200 of 1,588 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Nicholas P

Mar 1, 2020

Great course for new managers. Provides framework for first decisions as a new leader. Good refresher for existing managers or individuals looking to transition into HR from a leadership role.

By Anna V

Apr 5, 2018

The course was useful to me, as I have people management responsibilities as part of my job. I have learned concepts that I did not know about, and got an insight into US labour laws as well.

By Ahmad S F

May 9, 2020

I really appreciate the Coursera Team that has provided many different and amazing courses and programs,

Best of Luck

I try to continue with more and more courses from Coursera

By Nida E

Apr 20, 2020

Amazing! Loved the course content, the way it was delivered, the doable time frames of each video and the takeaways gained through this platform! Thanks, Professor Budd! Great use of my time!

By Chika E

Sep 13, 2017

Very well detailed and engaging.

P.S: Just a minor pet peeve with watching the video is, Prof. Budd's light tongue smacking while speaking, is distracting for me. Just a tiny personal issue.

By Aditi V

Aug 12, 2017

Absolutely loved the content! Provided me with lots of insights regrading human resources. Thank you for helping me understand how human resources plays an important role in an organization!

By Abdul A

Jul 7, 2020

Blessed to avail this chance of learning from Pro. Jhon Budd, It really helped me to brush my understanding of HR, now i really feel it! I AM READY TO MANAGE HUMAN RESOURCES.

Thank you sir!

By Marika P

Oct 13, 2020

Good and useful course that mainly analyses the theoretical perspectives of different HR theories, strategies and processes. Gives the basic knowledge of managerial styles, approaches etc.

By gyan r

Sep 26, 2020

The professor's understanding on the subject was amazing. Generally i don't link attending classes, but during this course i never felt bored, was always curious to know about the subject.

By KHARAT D K

Apr 23, 2020

I got knowledge that makes my future bright. Other useful skills I will learn include organisations' HRM reporting and communication.

It a Great time to learn from John w. Budd. Thanks sir.

By V K

May 16, 2019

The course has excellent content good presentation and gained considerable knowledge. It is a complete refreshment of my studies with inputs on laws in other countries Throughout enjoyed.

By Diana C G

May 31, 2016

Great content. This course gives you a better context of the aspects a people manager should consider for developing useful strategies for the company, but thinking about the people too.

By sanyam j

Oct 9, 2020

i am glad to have this course this course will be helpful for my future and i learned so many things that can help me to control the situation and uncertanities i might faced in fiture.

By oguzhan k

Sep 27, 2020

Great !!

but there have to be grading system doing by ınstructure. Because other students do not help the others. They gave low points and students may be get some stress. Best Regards !

By DILIP S

Apr 23, 2020

It is one of the best online course I ever enrolled. Great teaching from the top professor and many interviews of top professional HR will really help you understand the concept better.

By Adrienne C

Jul 16, 2019

A great course to get started into learning more about HRM. Great videos, readings, and the quizzes really do a good job to make you go back and revisit things that you may have missed.

By Muhammad N A

Jul 14, 2020

i have learned a lot through this course. before this course, we were only aware of theoretical knowledge but now i have learned implication of knowledge gained during academic period.

By Soniya

Aug 5, 2019

Thank you for the this opportunity, I learned so many interesting things in this course.And i hope this will help me in future HR career and last thank you for boosting my confidence.

By EWAMBLEH E A

Feb 27, 2016

This course was not only enriching, it was to me an INSPIRATION BOOTCAMP. What I studied has raised my confidence a lot and I am already applying my new techniques and seeing results.

By Ann Q

Oct 2, 2020

Gave me a great framework for talking about my experiences in management and staff engagement work - and also showing me how different fields/organizations can view HR and management

By Mosharraba U S

Nov 9, 2020

This is a course I was always searching for to learn. It enhances, my capability to understanding the HR landscape properly . And I am really honored as I was part of it. Thank you.

By Chris A M

Jun 12, 2020

Very intensive course. The way Professor John presented it made the course even more interesting. Although I have been part of HR for 6 years, I have learned a lot from this course.

By Osama A

Jun 14, 2019

for everyone envolve in creating this course especially Mr.

John W. Budd . I like the method in teaching and how you make learning an intersting thing to do.

best of luck for everyone

By Ivan J

Jan 2, 2020

I learned a lot of good things and developed some new skills. Professor Budd talked very understandable and I am very satisfy with whole course. That is what I'm looking for! :))))

By Annie T

Nov 17, 2020

Excellent material, interesting, funny and experienced tutor, useful insight for managing HR as an HR person or as a manager. Highly recommended for entry level management people.