Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH

Sep 01, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

351 - 375 of 1,444 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Zahra Z

Sep 29, 2020

In this case, I learn approaches that can behaviour with employees and encourage them to continuing their works

By Aimilia A

Sep 21, 2020

Very interesting. Each person that will chose this module will gain many interesting and important information.

By Crystal R

May 07, 2020

This was great!!! I really enjoyed the material and it opened my eyes to the world of HR and People management!

By Shokoofehsadat H

Apr 30, 2020

Professor John W. Budd is just simply amazing! I will gladly take any other courses which he is the instructor!

By Nadine R U

Apr 07, 2020

Provided me the HR information I never knew about. I enjoyed the course!

Would recommend it for People Mangers.

By Betty O

Jun 28, 2018

Great course that provides you with insight to things you may otherwise not have considered in managing people.

By Massimo Z

Mar 04, 2016

Thank you prof. Budd, I am looking forward to see you againg for Capstone Project.

My best regards,

Massimo Zilio

By Glulia

I love this course, the professor was brilliant, friendly but most important for me clear! Thank you very much

By Viviana M

Mar 27, 2016

I totally recommend this course for an introduction to HR. The professor makes each session very interesting.

By Mohammed E A

Mar 23, 2020

It is an excellent course , really i enjoy it. I would recommend it for all even if u are not working in HR.

By Virginia L C

May 27, 2017

Very comprehensive and engaging. Great examples were cited as well as activities with learner participation.

By Alexandra D

Mar 07, 2016

Great course, well crafted and full of some wonderful information. I have recommended it for my co-workers.

By Jose R L R

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks, professor. It was very informative and at the same time, you made it easy to follow and understand.

By Utkarsh S

Aug 07, 2019

An absolute masterclass. John Sir is a genius. An amazing introduction to Human Resource Management for me.

By Michaela P

Dec 11, 2017

Great course! I've learned a lot of new and interesting information about how to succesfully manage people.

By Thomas D V

Apr 05, 2020

I really liked the instructor and I liked the way they presented the information. I recommend this course.

By Sheryl P

Dec 19, 2019

I love this course since it gives you the mindset how you can embrace business and people in the business.

By Danilo V

May 06, 2018

a very good picture of HR, showing the basic dynamics and process, and different points of view. Thank you

By Rajni A

Apr 30, 2018

I strongly recommend this course. Very good explanations by giving examples and videos so fully explained.

By Shruthi K

Nov 14, 2016

This was a great course with enough materials to study and the additional resources were very helpful too!

By Nguyễn H Y

Sep 14, 2020

I love this course. It's really useful and supports me a lot in my career. Thank you, teacher John W.Budd

By Belinda D

Jul 17, 2020

This is very educative. It has helped me gain a lot of new ideas and skills in human resource. Try it too

By Kerolos A A

Jul 17, 2020

Awesome

Nowdays, here most of the human going to be selfish and just want to make money not social values

By shalini m

May 07, 2020

Great way of taking a course while providing sufficient quizzes, reading and hands on with the assignment

By Falade A E

Nov 27, 2019

It has been insightful so far. I am getting to know the importance of Human Resource in any Organisation.