Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

151 - 175 of 1,981 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Pankaj C

Nov 13, 2016

Absolutely Brilliant! This is my first online course and I didn't expect to have such a great time studying online. I believe that it's Prof. John W. Budd's teaching style that had me hooked and his clarity of explaining all topics. Thank you!

By Daisy K

Jul 24, 2019

This was my first introductory course to HRM. Very rich in material, was able to understand and stay engaged till the end! I highly recommend it to anyone interested in an introduction to HRM. Thank you Coursera, thanks Prof. John. W. Budd!

By Wendy H

Jul 2, 2021

Very impressed with comprehensive, detailed vision of Managing Human Resources. Excellent presentations that kept attention and outlined important details that one needs to understand in HR. Grateful for this opportunity to learn about HR.

By Olesja H

Nov 24, 2020

This course is a great way to start learning about Human Resources, I am very grateful for this course. I think everyone, who is thinking about a career in HR should start with this course in order to fully understand what HR is all about.

By Priya L

Jul 8, 2020

It is an amazing course. The Assignments let you brainstorm. Every module so nicely covered and things are made so easy for every learner. I had learnt so many things from this course. A heartfelt THANK YOU to Prof. John W Budd. Cheers !!

By FARHAAN H

May 22, 2020

Excellent course, everyone interested in HRM should do this course. Excellent explanation for all. Detailed and each and every information is apt and accurate...!!! I recommend this to all...!!! Thanks to the team for all their hard work

By Lizzie G

Apr 21, 2020

I loved this course! I have been an HR Recruiter for 5 years and this was a great overview of management styles, HR strategies, employment law. The interviews with executives were also extremely enlightening. Thank you so much Dr. Budd!!

By Carly N

Jun 23, 2018

Excellent course. The material was presented very clearly and easy to follow and it was engaging with all the graphics. The pacing was great and I liked the bonus articles and material provided. I feel I learned a lot in just one course.

By Sonia O

Jan 15, 2020

Prior to taking this course, I knew nothing about human resource management. Now, I can make intelligent contributions on organizational strategies and employee management. It's amazing!

Thank you so much Cousera and Professor John Budd.

By MUKANYANGEZI M

Nov 18, 2020

I really thank you so much for this courses you deserve, and also am looking for better opportunitues hence i'm eager to learn new things. Preparing to Manage Human Resources all videos and assignments was prepared well. God bless you.

By kevin w

May 16, 2020

The course was good it cleared all my doubts related to hr field and also helped me to acquire new skills and knowledge in hr field. I am very much sure with this learning from this course i will be heplful to increase my productivity.

By Alena L

Aug 12, 2019

Very well prepared, entertaining videos and flow. I would take this course again without any hesitation. I would only like more practical examples as some students may not have experience and may struggle to understand the application.

By Rashadul W

Apr 24, 2020

This course is great. It gives you an excellent learning on the management styles, HR strategies, People Manager Value Proposition and about some theory. Experienced and Non Experienced HR people easily can do this course. Thank You

By Nicolas S M V R

Oct 8, 2018

Without going in to too much detail, I would say that without a doubt this course gives a very good introduction to the field, and gives perspective on to the people managing side of things in a short and consise, yet efective manner.

By REZOANA A

It is indeed a wonderful course. I have learned about different approaches, strategies and constraints for managing people. After completing this course now I feel confident to learn the advanced courses of Human Resource Management.

By Angelica R S

Feb 12, 2021

Excellent professor!! Always keeping us entertained, incredible references that helped us to remember the information, great content and great way to share his knowledge with us, a TERRIFIC way to start and love this Specialization!

By Christina C

May 9, 2018

This course is fast paced and full information. The beauty of it is that John Budd makes the content interesting. I took a lot of great knowledge away from this course and expect it to help propel me to the next level in my career.

By Gerry A P

Aug 6, 2021

This course is AWESOME learning. Thank you very much for the opportunity that has been given. I have now become an HR who can humanize fellow human beings and be a useful figure for the company and society. Once again, thank you!

By Saumya M

Jul 31, 2020

This Course was very interesting. It will be further more interesting, if more Human Resource functions like Performance Appraisal, Training and Development, Employee Engagement, Exit Process are also incorporated in this course.

By Daniel B S

A sound overview about the specifics of managing human resources.

I would appreciate to get a short written summary / booklet after completing the course that enables to briefly look up important concepts afterwards in daily work.

By Muhammad N A Z

Mar 2, 2019

Excellent course for any leader to appreciate and understand the complexities of people management. This course gives a great framework and structure for approaching real life HR & management challenges for all managers & leader.

By Brent E

Jun 20, 2017

I enjoyed this course. It gave me an understanding of the way human resources is supposed to work. It will certainly help me to better interact with HR now that I understand these principles. I enjoyed the lectures very much.

By Aderemi A

May 30, 2019

I am very very new to HR and this course has given me a good grasp of what it is. So I am just going to go with the flow. Some things are still tough for me to understand but I will listen again to my lectures in my spare time

By Wendy A W

Aug 14, 2018

I found the content and context of the video's to be very informative. I also like the class discussions and interactions. I really learned great stratagies and a better understanding of how to look at my team as individuals.

By Gary C

Jan 22, 2018

This course is one of the best course Ive ever taken. It's way more interesting than i expected. My instructor John Budd is super nice. Everyone who wants to learn more about managers role have to try this course, not regrets.