Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

451 - 475 of 2,039 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By saman a

Jun 7, 2020

Amazing! At start I was so blank about human resource but then this course help me know the basics.It was very worthful

By Ibrahim A A

Apr 17, 2020

the classes are very good and simple the exercises that we do after every week make me understand the classes very well

By Дмитрий Л

Jun 6, 2017

Good course, I would recommend for those who want to dive into HR field. Thanks to professor, it was a nice experience

By L.R. A

Sep 6, 2021

The fourth week was a bit much, but I found the course to be extremely useful as a foundation for subsequent courses.

By Shirley D

May 7, 2021

John Budd is a great teacher, and he makes sure to keep the lessons interesting. A very useful starter course for HR.

By Subhanwita M

Apr 4, 2021

This course was really very helpful for me...it gives me a knowledge that how to manage employees in an organisation.

By Reginald B

Great course even though I have been in HR for a while it provided me with some very important refreshed information.

By Abidemi I

The course opened my eyes to what we neglect as HR, thinking is not work. I really enjoyed the training on the course

By Victor O

Mar 27, 2020

Well dished out. The experience was superb. I can recommend this course anytime and anywhere.

Thanks to Team Coursera.

By Süeda H G

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you so much for this excellent course. I'm so happy to attend. I believe all what I learned will help me a lot.

By YESENIA U

Apr 29, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. I learned a lot about different managerial styles that will be effective in the field.

By reina z m

Mar 23, 2021

EL CURSO ME PARECIO GENIAL PUDE APRENDER COMO SER UN BUEN GERENTE Y COMO RSOLVER ALGUNOS PROBLEMAS CON LOS EMPLEADOS

By Angeliki L

Jan 3, 2021

Congratulations Mr Budd,I enjoyed a lot the course.The way you describe and explain to us is very clear and helpful!

By Eliane G

Jun 9, 2020

Really good and simplified course, the topics are easy to a understand, and to professor is very good in explaining.

By Christopher P

Mar 30, 2020

Great way to learn, very informative. Sometimes the tests don't exactly match material learned but easy to navigate.

By damien p

Mar 12, 2017

What an excellent course! Well done Professor Budd and to all the contributors who made this such a joy to complete.

By Nguyen T H

May 31, 2021

A good course. The course brings a lot of knowledge, especially the basic knowledge for starting to learn about HRM

By Ramiz R

Superb course. Thank Coursera for providing this valuable course surely it will boost my CV as well as muy carrier.

By P. K

May 4, 2020

The best till now. i enjoyed a lot and learned a lot. the teaching is so interesting that i couldn't stop learning.

By Farid R

Aug 15, 2016

WoW

It was an amazing course. It gave me lots of ideas.

It could have had a text book as a reference.

Recommended. :)

By Charu D

Mar 17, 2017

Mr. John Budd is the perfectionist , i loved his way of teaching , looking forward for more learning .

By Anita Y

Jul 19, 2020

very informative course. The concepts are made clear in a very simple and easy to understand manner. Thanks a lot

By ARTA D N

it's a nice course that explained many things about people and organizations. That's good to build our knowledge.

By Irene

Jun 3, 2019

This course is the best thing that happened to me. I look forward to completing the rest. Thanks prof John Budds

By Sarah N

Nov 8, 2018

I do not have an HR background, and this course was able to provide a solid foundation for learning in this area.