Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH

Sep 01, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

201 - 225 of 1,412 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Nehal P

May 12, 2020

One of the most comprehensive courses on HRM. Covers holistic view. The 4 paintings and related HR strategy makes it really interesting and easy to understand

By Anmolpreet K

May 08, 2020

This course is amazing, i learnt a lot, its fun! Proff. john w budd taught the course in a very simple and easy language which creates a better understanding.

By Sherazade P

Jan 31, 2020

Everything in this course is explained in detail and in a really clear way.

Each video gives the main information in a brief way, so you can remember easily !

By Borislav M

Jan 02, 2020

I have learned so many new concepts and facts.

Professor Budd is entertaining and has broad vision. The lectures are very well structured.

Thank you, very much!

By Franklin T

May 13, 2020

Knowledge that could prove beneficial in the long run, not only in the human resource industry but also in managing individuals and colleagues. Great course!

By Usman G

Apr 11, 2020

It was having a really good time and you i learned a lot from this course . Your gentle guidance and willingness to help was so important to me. Thank you!

By Anna S

Jan 17, 2020

I loved the professor John Budd! He taught everything in a very comprehensive way. I learned a lot from this course and would definitely recommend taking it.

By Wendy M P c

Jul 07, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. It is simple yet has so much information that gives you a good start for a HR career. I can't wait to learn about the rest.

By Sarah B

Apr 05, 2020

This was a fantastic intro course to Human Resources that was engaging, challenging at times, and provided better content than most other online HR courses.

By Judith A

Jun 25, 2018

This course has been very insightful as a foundation for this specialization. It has exposed me to current HR trends I was unaware of. I will recommend it..

By Talal A S

Jun 09, 2020

I Would like to thanks our honorable course instructor Professor John W. Budd. I have learned so many things about how to preparing manage human resources.

By Rachel N

the course content is relevant in tackling current HR issues , its good for employers and employees too. the lecturers were slow paced and clear I loved it

By Cathy W

Sep 27, 2017

Professor Budd is knowledgeable and approaches the course with a sense of humor which I greatly appreciate! I'll definitely recommend this course if asked.

By Robertas S

Sep 07, 2017

Its really nice information which you can use in the beginning of your HR carrier. At least it helps to understand what HR Management is or what is about.

By ALEEYA S

Mar 03, 2017

Very informative and assisted me in thinking outside of the box when it comes to managing people. It provided different approaches to managing individuals

By Isadora E

Jan 08, 2017

The teacher makes the classes simple to understand, with dynamic classes, with super interesting questions and debates! I loved it and highly recommend it!

By Desiree A

I loved and enjoyed completing this course. It was extremely helpful. I look forward to moving ahead to the next course in the specialization. Thank you.

By Mariana d H

Jun 20, 2018

I'm learning so much more than I had ever expected and truth be told, this course is making me realize that Human Resources might actually be my calling.

By Sourabh A

Apr 29, 2020

It was an awesome course with a very well explained approach by the professor. Just loved it !!!

Thank you so much University of Minnesota & Coursera !!!

By Nadya P

Apr 21, 2020

Useful overview of HR theories and concepts, helpful in preparing to think about HR strategy. I wish there were more case studies of strategy decisions.

By Waid M

Apr 02, 2020

John's teaching style is engaging, the topics create a solid foundation and the format is interesting. I appreciate the ability to work at my own pace.

By Shriti B

Jan 19, 2020

Course in interesting and informative. Would have liked to have had more details about various HR lines of employment but otherwise very engaging course

By Olga M

Oct 01, 2017

I would like to thank to professor John Budd for his great course, I have learnt many interesting and important things for my job and my career as well.

By Darina S

Nov 06, 2017

I really loved this course. The material is presented logically and well structured. I liked lots of visual information and Professor's sense of humor.

By Alyza A

Jul 30, 2020

An excellent course. I learned a lot of new things related to HR and because of the great teaching style i wish to do my masters from this university.