Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

401 - 425 of 1,614 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Viviana M

Mar 27, 2016

I totally recommend this course for an introduction to HR. The professor makes each session very interesting.

By OABONA B K

Nov 13, 2020

This course is very good and it is helping quite a lot of people regardless of where you are from. Thank you

By Mohammed E A

Mar 23, 2020

It is an excellent course , really i enjoy it. I would recommend it for all even if u are not working in HR.

By Virginia L C

May 27, 2017

Very comprehensive and engaging. Great examples were cited as well as activities with learner participation.

By Alexandra D

Mar 7, 2016

Great course, well crafted and full of some wonderful information. I have recommended it for my co-workers.

By Jose R L R

Oct 29, 2019

Thanks, professor. It was very informative and at the same time, you made it easy to follow and understand.

By Utkarsh S

Aug 7, 2019

An absolute masterclass. John Sir is a genius. An amazing introduction to Human Resource Management for me.

By Michaela P

Dec 11, 2017

Great course! I've learned a lot of new and interesting information about how to succesfully manage people.

By Thomas D V

Apr 5, 2020

I really liked the instructor and I liked the way they presented the information. I recommend this course.

By Sheryl P

Dec 19, 2019

I love this course since it gives you the mindset how you can embrace business and people in the business.

By Danilo V

May 6, 2018

a very good picture of HR, showing the basic dynamics and process, and different points of view. Thank you

By Rajni A

Apr 30, 2018

I strongly recommend this course. Very good explanations by giving examples and videos so fully explained.

By Shruthi K

Nov 13, 2016

This was a great course with enough materials to study and the additional resources were very helpful too!

By Nguyễn H Y

Sep 13, 2020

I love this course. It's really useful and supports me a lot in my career. Thank you, teacher John W.Budd

By Belinda D

Jul 17, 2020

This is very educative. It has helped me gain a lot of new ideas and skills in human resource. Try it too

By Kerolos A A

Jul 17, 2020

Awesome

Nowdays, here most of the human going to be selfish and just want to make money not social values

By shalini m

May 7, 2020

Great way of taking a course while providing sufficient quizzes, reading and hands on with the assignment

By Falade A E

Nov 27, 2019

It has been insightful so far. I am getting to know the importance of Human Resource in any Organisation.

Feb 6, 2018

Very helpful to a HR new bee! I really appreciate all the efforts of professors from University Minnesoda

By Tan Y Y

Dec 10, 2017

It is practical and systematic. It helps me to reflect how do I manage people and how am I being managed.

By AMBER R

Jun 29, 2017

I have learned so much throughout this course! It is well organized and Prof. Budd is a great presenter!

By Aurelija

Aug 30, 2020

I have enjoyed the course. I think it is a good time to understand do you want keep forward or not in HR

By Mohsin R

Aug 26, 2020

Best experiance with the course Preparing to Manage Human Resources, I learnet so many things with this.

By Khaled M F

Mar 10, 2020

I learned a lot from this course so I wanted to thank courser and professor John for this amazing course

By Ayooluwabami O

Nov 12, 2019

I really found it to be very insightful, and i am looking forward to learning more about the world of hr