Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

1501 - 1525 of 1,676 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Hagar H

this course helps me a lot in knowing about peoples management , i thought HR is only about hiring and recruiting employees but in this course i learned that it more more than that

By Md. S H

Sep 30, 2020

I have learned so many things from this course.specially about human nature,General aspect towards work of an employee,laws & how to divert them towards success. Thank you so much

By Gift T S

Dec 17, 2020

Firstly thank you for making this course for us,i have completed my HRM N6 with CJC College,i just want to further my studies and have a degree in future.I love this course

By Konstantina T

Jun 2, 2018

very helpful course and the teacher was very clear. if I can find a drawback, this will be the fact that most of the course is related with the US laws and regulatuions.

By Bernd v d S

Nov 19, 2020

It's been my first course but somehow I missed some handout pdf files for saving, offline-learning, etc. Otherwise the course was very comprehensive and well moderated.

By Keith E

Aug 6, 2020

Overall the course is informative. I understand that this is an online course, but the videos can be a little overwhelming at times. I would recommend this course.

By abiodun o

Jul 18, 2017

very very informative and the facilitator really made it look simple. i appreciate this opportunity to learn something new, it is of great value to my knowledge base

By Sandy s f D b

Sep 4, 2020

i really recommend this course for any one who want to know about the basics of human resources management ..Dr. john really have a good way in teaching ..go on !!

By Ricardo J O

Feb 18, 2016

Overall good course. I would appreciate if the slides could've been provided. Also some external resources to further study of the topics covered would add value.

By AlexU

Oct 15, 2017

Very good introduction to the topic. During the line drawing descriptions, it might have been good to incorporate even more discussion on each specific topic.

By Nur a A

Oct 20, 2020

This is a great online course. But I had difficulty in catching up with the instructor and noticed very few differences between the video and the script.

By Shaghayegh S

May 1, 2020

It was an eye-opening course to determine whether I like to consider HR as my own career or learn the basics so that I become good at managing people.

By Sakshi M

Jun 17, 2020

Great Course for understanding context. The very basics of what work is and why people work helps you t get perspective to different sets of member

By Sheila M

Dec 5, 2018

This course was very informative. The more theoretical parts were went over very quickly and It would have been nice if there had been more detail.

By Huda A

Mar 23, 2020

I like the course, I have finished it in a short period of time , even the instructor's teaching is very simple and way easy to understand the HRM

By Ahmad A S

Sep 23, 2019

it's a good a good course in general, it gave you a general idea about human capital management and different management styles. It also brief

By shivam M

Oct 19, 2019

This course is one of the best course , as it will give you fundamental and basic knowledge about Human resources and it's management.

By Dayeta B

Jun 20, 2020

I liked this course, no doubt. I have definetly learned a lot and to be honest professor Budd is a good teacher. He does teach well.

By Jan J

Sep 13, 2020

I enjoyed the course. I learned quite a few new concepts. The focus on economics seemed a little heavy, but overall it was great.

By Ina d O

Nov 2, 2017

Nice course, although the main focus is on the U.S.. It gets interesting after the first week. (first week is a lot about history)

By ARADHANA B K P

May 12, 2020

It was great to learn here,,, kindly try to provide as much as information that you could and try to make it more interesting.

By Maria C

Mar 17, 2016

The proper course for me! My instructor knows to teach and he helps me to understand what is Human Resources. Thank you!

By MIGANOUSH M

Oct 13, 2017

This is a good course especially if you are new to managing people and want to get an understanding what is HR all about.

By Margeaux L L

Mar 3, 2016

Gained valuable insight that can be aplied to many industries. The concepts given were comprehensive and easy to follow.

By Oluwatobi I

Nov 14, 2018

This is a great course and I have learnt a great deal, I definitely want to take other courses in this specialization