Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

1576 - 1600 of 1,831 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Eiman M A

Apr 20, 2017

good

By Gunasekaran R

May 28, 2016

Good

By Dina G

Jul 8, 2020

May 1, 2016

E

By Daniel B

Apr 18, 2020

The information contained is excellent and I have already learned a lot. However, many questions on quizzes of this course are poorly phrased, causing confusion where clarity would be better. The worst part was actually in the peer review, the grading system was laid out in a way which does not allow you to pass without a perfect score, but this is not indicated. Therefore, people who liked a paper I wrote accidentally did not pass my document based on this fact. It's a shame that the mechanics of the course slowed the pace and made it harder to pass when the instructor is clearly very intelligent and qualified, and provided so much good information. I love the way the information was tied into history and other relevant things as well, being a history buff myself. I do recommend the course, but I would hope that it could be improved mechanically from the user end.

By Dr. T R

Feb 25, 2017

Very Good course.

Very Good course.

In my view some needed additions to be excellent. Summaries of the important issues in each lecture video can be introduced might be in a form of Power Point Presentation. This will highlight the main topics. This can be done for each video, each lesson and each module.

Prof. Dr. John Budd have already made these summaries and conclusions during his video lectures, but it is not easy to retrieve when you are searching about some specific subject. You have to here again a group of videos to find what you need.

By Kelly L

Nov 15, 2020

I loved the information and the learning.

I felt as if some of the quiz questions were trick questions. As an University Instructor myself, I like to avoid what appear to be trick questions.

Thank you for the great knowledge and reinforcing that the last company I worked for was one with Poor HR Management. This learning supported what I have done well and what an organization does poorly that will send employees running.

By Silvia M

Jul 14, 2018

I like it very much, enjoying doing the task required and review some video several times to be sure that I well understood. I didn't like the law part, even if I can understand why it is necessary, focusing on US laws in a open worldwide on line course is kind of useless, because a lot of people aren't probably from the US. I wish that time were more focusing on giving us practical example on HR practises.