Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG
Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH
Aug 31, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

401 - 425 of 1,807 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By DAVID B

Oct 28, 2020

I found this class packed with information delivered in a well-paced manner. The different perspectives were very helpful.

By Blessing S

Jul 16, 2020

This course was well detailed and explanatory, i kept notes and am sure this will help me in becoming a good HR personnel.

By Nisarga. M

Jul 1, 2020

It was an awesome experience to me... To know the how to manage an organization and employees.. As a manager I had learned

By SANTOSH A M

May 6, 2020

Great. John sir explained everything very well. Good animation also due to that i get easy to clear chapter. Thank you sir

By Mai O

Apr 21, 2020

I liked this course very much I wasn't know any thing about human resources but now I know a lot about it and the managing

By Humma A

Apr 27, 2017

Great Stepping stone for learners wanting to enter the HR field, and also a great refresher course for any HR professional

By NTESILNT L

Feb 19, 2021

Very interesting course! It provides very useful information about human resources management and management strategies.

By RAJES S

Aug 9, 2020

What a significant experience gathered while studying this course. Learnt a lot of new terms and things to move forward.

By Norman S

Jun 23, 2019

Very informational. AS a newby in HR, this has opened new opportunities for learning. I am excited to have a follow thru

By Milda S

Nov 8, 2020

Very good courses. I am very thankful to the University and the Professor and of course to Coursera for an opportunity!

By saman a

Jun 7, 2020

Amazing! At start I was so blank about human resource but then this course help me know the basics.It was very worthful

By Ibrahim A A

Apr 17, 2020

the classes are very good and simple the exercises that we do after every week make me understand the classes very well

By Дмитрий Л

Jun 6, 2017

Good course, I would recommend for those who want to dive into HR field. Thanks to professor, it was a nice experience

By Subhanwita M

Apr 4, 2021

This course was really very helpful for me...it gives me a knowledge that how to manage employees in an organisation.

By Reginald B

Great course even though I have been in HR for a while it provided me with some very important refreshed information.

By Abidemi I

The course opened my eyes to what we neglect as HR, thinking is not work. I really enjoyed the training on the course

By Oladipo V A

Mar 27, 2020

Well dished out. The experience was superb. I can recommend this course anytime and anywhere.

Thanks to Team Coursera.

By Süeda H G

Nov 22, 2019

Thank you so much for this excellent course. I'm so happy to attend. I believe all what I learned will help me a lot.

By reina z m

Mar 23, 2021

EL CURSO ME PARECIO GENIAL PUDE APRENDER COMO SER UN BUEN GERENTE Y COMO RSOLVER ALGUNOS PROBLEMAS CON LOS EMPLEADOS

By AGGELIKI L

Jan 3, 2021

Congratulations Mr Budd,I enjoyed a lot the course.The way you describe and explain to us is very clear and helpful!

By Eliane G

Jun 9, 2020

Really good and simplified course, the topics are easy to a understand, and to professor is very good in explaining.

By Christopher P

Mar 30, 2020

Great way to learn, very informative. Sometimes the tests don't exactly match material learned but easy to navigate.

By damien p

Mar 12, 2017

What an excellent course! Well done Professor Budd and to all the contributors who made this such a joy to complete.

By Ramiz R

Superb course. Thank Coursera for providing this valuable course surely it will boost my CV as well as muy carrier.

By P. K

May 4, 2020

The best till now. i enjoyed a lot and learned a lot. the teaching is so interesting that i couldn't stop learning.