Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

SH

Sep 01, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

176 - 200 of 1,524 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Diana C G A

May 31, 2016

Great content. This course gives you a better context of the aspects a people manager should consider for developing useful strategies for the company, but thinking about the people too.

By sanyam j

Oct 09, 2020

i am glad to have this course this course will be helpful for my future and i learned so many things that can help me to control the situation and uncertanities i might faced in fiture.

By oguzhan k

Sep 27, 2020

Great !!

but there have to be grading system doing by ınstructure. Because other students do not help the others. They gave low points and students may be get some stress. Best Regards !

By DILIP S

Apr 23, 2020

It is one of the best online course I ever enrolled. Great teaching from the top professor and many interviews of top professional HR will really help you understand the concept better.

By Adrienne C

Jul 17, 2019

A great course to get started into learning more about HRM. Great videos, readings, and the quizzes really do a good job to make you go back and revisit things that you may have missed.

By Muhammad N A

Jul 15, 2020

i have learned a lot through this course. before this course, we were only aware of theoretical knowledge but now i have learned implication of knowledge gained during academic period.

By Soniya

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for the this opportunity, I learned so many interesting things in this course.And i hope this will help me in future HR career and last thank you for boosting my confidence.

By EWAMBLEH E A

Feb 27, 2016

This course was not only enriching, it was to me an INSPIRATION BOOTCAMP. What I studied has raised my confidence a lot and I am already applying my new techniques and seeing results.

By Ann Q

Oct 02, 2020

Gave me a great framework for talking about my experiences in management and staff engagement work - and also showing me how different fields/organizations can view HR and management

By Chris A M

Jun 12, 2020

Very intensive course. The way Professor John presented it made the course even more interesting. Although I have been part of HR for 6 years, I have learned a lot from this course.

By Osama A

Jun 14, 2019

for everyone envolve in creating this course especially Mr.

John W. Budd . I like the method in teaching and how you make learning an intersting thing to do.

best of luck for everyone

By Ivan J

Jan 02, 2020

I learned a lot of good things and developed some new skills. Professor Budd talked very understandable and I am very satisfy with whole course. That is what I'm looking for! :))))

By Isaac A O

Apr 23, 2018

The best HR course I have pursued so far. The lecture on employment and labour law was very excellent. I got so much on HR Strategies and the need to an HR partner in the business

By Parth S

Apr 17, 2020

I like to learn and I get a live example of working culture and I have memorized the culture we are following in our company. So Thank you so much for the best Inputs in my life.

By Juliet A O

Dec 14, 2018

This first has really opened my eyes to some HR practices I never knew especially regarding laws guiding employees . I had an amazing time and zero regret taking up this course !

By Darja Š

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely great and outstanding course. It has been a real pleasure for me to be a part of it. Thank you John Budd for providing this amazing experince and invaluable knowlegde.

By Divya S

May 22, 2020

Amazing course, go to learn a lot. I am unable to proceed with the specialization. Can somebody help with it. I did not get enrolled in all the courses under the specialization.

By CONNIE B

Nov 12, 2017

I would recommend this course to anyone who is seeking to general understanding of HR. Additionally, this course provides a great foundation to completing additional HR courses.

By Brittany H

Oct 11, 2020

Great course! I enjoyed the in depth content of this course. The professor brought great humor and provided great detailed information that was easy to follow and understand.

By Jessika S

Apr 22, 2020

I have learned so much throughout this course, I am actually preparing to take on a role as a manager, but I never thought that the HR world would be this thrilling. Thank you.

By Gamage G P S

Jul 15, 2020

This is a good place to improve your HR knowledge Lecturers have a lot of knowledge and experience. And also they provide real experiences and examples to understand theories.

By Bharti B

Aug 23, 2018

This HR Course has been a very in-depth and intense knowledge for a student to understand HR role in an of the organisation. Also takes you through how to deal with employees.

By EMMANUEL S H

Sep 10, 2016

Excellent ! The best course I have ever came across to, I enjoyed the whole session and I learn many things that will be essential for me when I venture out in the job market.

By SURAJO M

Sep 26, 2020

When it comes to HRM online courses, I higherly recommends Coursera, for it has the in-depth analysis and contents, prepared for shaping and putting the HR students on track.

By Oghenevwhaerhe A

I have learnt so much on this course that will help me to manage the people around me efficiently and effectively.

Thank you Coursera for the opportunity given to me to learn