Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH

Sep 01, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

176 - 200 of 1,416 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Parth S

Apr 17, 2020

I like to learn and I get a live example of working culture and I have memorized the culture we are following in our company. So Thank you so much for the best Inputs in my life.

By Juliet A O

Dec 14, 2018

This first has really opened my eyes to some HR practices I never knew especially regarding laws guiding employees . I had an amazing time and zero regret taking up this course !

By Darja Š

Apr 14, 2016

Absolutely great and outstanding course. It has been a real pleasure for me to be a part of it. Thank you John Budd for providing this amazing experince and invaluable knowlegde.

By Divya S

May 22, 2020

Amazing course, go to learn a lot. I am unable to proceed with the specialization. Can somebody help with it. I did not get enrolled in all the courses under the specialization.

By CONNIE B

Nov 12, 2017

I would recommend this course to anyone who is seeking to general understanding of HR. Additionally, this course provides a great foundation to completing additional HR courses.

By Jessika S

Apr 22, 2020

I have learned so much throughout this course, I am actually preparing to take on a role as a manager, but I never thought that the HR world would be this thrilling. Thank you.

By Gamage G P S

Jul 15, 2020

This is a good place to improve your HR knowledge Lecturers have a lot of knowledge and experience. And also they provide real experiences and examples to understand theories.

By Bharti B

Aug 23, 2018

This HR Course has been a very in-depth and intense knowledge for a student to understand HR role in an of the organisation. Also takes you through how to deal with employees.

By EMMANUEL S H

Sep 10, 2016

Excellent ! The best course I have ever came across to, I enjoyed the whole session and I learn many things that will be essential for me when I venture out in the job market.

By Oghenevwhaerhe A

I have learnt so much on this course that will help me to manage the people around me efficiently and effectively.

Thank you Coursera for the opportunity given to me to learn

By Krnaali V

Apr 04, 2020

The instructor was very good. The infirmation provided was just right and delivery was never boring. Had a great experience and learnt a lot about the basics required for HRM

By Gautham k T

Jun 03, 2020

really a great course that everyone who are aspiring to enter into the field of human resource. special thanks to john budd sir who introduced the human resources strategies

By Rafay S

Jul 05, 2020

After taking this course my knowledge regarding to Human Resource Management enhanced and i it gives me a broader version to think strategically to achieve better outcomes.

By Shubham T

Jul 01, 2020

A very thorough course which was well explained. After watching the introductory video I was very excited and the faculty connected them very skillfully with great examples

By HITESH D

this course is really helpful to have an complete insight of how employees behave and what they actual demand from the organization and what in return organization demand.

By Davide U

Mar 28, 2020

Highly recommended for anyone who wants to understand how HRM looks like or is in charge of managing people and wants to do it in an effective, managerial and leading way.

By Sheraz K

May 16, 2017

I have enjoyed this course.My knowledge about HR has been polished through this course.My personnel development skills enhanced.I glad to joined such a informative course.

By Aishwarya M

Aug 21, 2018

Extremely informative and rich in terms of providing knowledge in this field, especially helpful for beginners who have nearly no practical experience in this world of HR

By Roger I

Sir John Budd thanks beautiful Explanation, Thanking for coursera and my College Deogiri Institute Of Engineering and management studies for making available this course

By Turan K

Jan 13, 2020

My deepest appreciation to the people who have been associated in creation of this valuable project , to all teachers and to Mr.John Budd .Thank you all to your support!

By Kemka W

Aug 26, 2017

The material is top notch, delivery perfect. Plenty of illustrations and real life examples. This course should be a prerequisite for qualification as a HR practitioner!

By Abhinav B

May 20, 2017

One of the best courses I have enrolled. The entire course is descriptive with focus on key concepts. Live examples from leading HRs are a big plus. Highly recommended.

By Imad N

Jul 15, 2018

Excellent course! Highly recommended for anyone pursuing a career in Human Resources. It is appropriate even if you are not an HR professional, and are a line manager.

By Elise M

Great introductory course in HR! It provides a nice overview on a large range of HR policies and practices. I feel better prepared to continue learning in this area.

By CHARMIS G T

Aug 16, 2020

The course is very engaging. This is very informative and provides different perspectives and fresh ideas. And I love how professor John Budd elaborate the lessons.