Back to Preparing to Manage Human Resources

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preparing to Manage Human Resources by University of Minnesota

One way or another, all employees are managed. But approaches to managing employees varying from employee-to-employee, job-to-job, manager-to-manager, organization-to-organization, and country-to-country. This course provides a foundation for developing your own approach to skillfully managing employees by illustrating alternative human resource management (HRM) strategies, introducing the importance of the legal context, and thinking about what motivates employees. This will then give you the factual and conceptual basis for developing specific, critical HRM skills in subsequent courses on hiring employees, managing performance, and rewarding employees. Don't know anything about HRM? That's OK! Leave this course with a new-found understanding of the range of options available for managing employees, a grasp of what makes workers tick, and the readiness to develop your own HRM skills....

MG

Mar 21, 2018

Excellent course structure, very clear and concise material, John Budd is teaching in a fun way, which helped me understand the syllabus, with short questions to help me think and not too long videos.

SH

Sep 01, 2020

Coursera is an online learning platform with a focus on higher education. Much like its competitors Udemy, MasterClass, and Skillshare, Coursera is completely online and covers a wide range of topics.

201 - 225 of 1,444 Reviews for Preparing to Manage Human Resources

By Abhinav B

May 20, 2017

One of the best courses I have enrolled. The entire course is descriptive with focus on key concepts. Live examples from leading HRs are a big plus. Highly recommended.

By Ngozi A

Oct 01, 2020

A great course that lays the foundation for HR management. So many concepts explained that I never thought about previously. Can't wait to complete the specialization!

By Imad N

Jul 15, 2018

Excellent course! Highly recommended for anyone pursuing a career in Human Resources. It is appropriate even if you are not an HR professional, and are a line manager.

By Elise M

Great introductory course in HR! It provides a nice overview on a large range of HR policies and practices. I feel better prepared to continue learning in this area.

By CHARMIS G T

Aug 16, 2020

The course is very engaging. This is very informative and provides different perspectives and fresh ideas. And I love how professor John Budd elaborate the lessons.

By BLESSY B A

Sep 26, 2020

A very interesting introduction into the technical aspects of Human Resources;would suggest this course to all those who are looking forward to build their in HR.

By Carla P C R

Aug 13, 2020

Thank you! This course offered a great introduction to HR for me and I appreciate all the work in designing it as well as the teacher's guidance in the videos!

By Nehal P

May 12, 2020

One of the most comprehensive courses on HRM. Covers holistic view. The 4 paintings and related HR strategy makes it really interesting and easy to understand

By Anmolpreet K

May 08, 2020

This course is amazing, i learnt a lot, its fun! Proff. john w budd taught the course in a very simple and easy language which creates a better understanding.

By Sherazade P

Jan 31, 2020

Everything in this course is explained in detail and in a really clear way.

Each video gives the main information in a brief way, so you can remember easily !

By Borislav M

Jan 02, 2020

I have learned so many new concepts and facts.

Professor Budd is entertaining and has broad vision. The lectures are very well structured.

Thank you, very much!

By Franklin T

May 13, 2020

Knowledge that could prove beneficial in the long run, not only in the human resource industry but also in managing individuals and colleagues. Great course!

By Usman G

Apr 11, 2020

It was having a really good time and you i learned a lot from this course . Your gentle guidance and willingness to help was so important to me. Thank you!

By Anna S

Jan 17, 2020

I loved the professor John Budd! He taught everything in a very comprehensive way. I learned a lot from this course and would definitely recommend taking it.

By Wendy M P c

Jul 07, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. It is simple yet has so much information that gives you a good start for a HR career. I can't wait to learn about the rest.

By Sarah B

Apr 05, 2020

This was a fantastic intro course to Human Resources that was engaging, challenging at times, and provided better content than most other online HR courses.

By Judith A

Jun 25, 2018

This course has been very insightful as a foundation for this specialization. It has exposed me to current HR trends I was unaware of. I will recommend it..

By Talal A S

Jun 09, 2020

I Would like to thanks our honorable course instructor Professor John W. Budd. I have learned so many things about how to preparing manage human resources.

By Rachel N

the course content is relevant in tackling current HR issues , its good for employers and employees too. the lecturers were slow paced and clear I loved it

By Cathy W

Sep 27, 2017

Professor Budd is knowledgeable and approaches the course with a sense of humor which I greatly appreciate! I'll definitely recommend this course if asked.

By Robertas S

Sep 07, 2017

Its really nice information which you can use in the beginning of your HR carrier. At least it helps to understand what HR Management is or what is about.

By ALEEYA S

Mar 03, 2017

Very informative and assisted me in thinking outside of the box when it comes to managing people. It provided different approaches to managing individuals

By Isadora E

Jan 08, 2017

The teacher makes the classes simple to understand, with dynamic classes, with super interesting questions and debates! I loved it and highly recommend it!

By Desiree A

I loved and enjoyed completing this course. It was extremely helpful. I look forward to moving ahead to the next course in the specialization. Thank you.

By Mariana d H

Jun 20, 2018

I'm learning so much more than I had ever expected and truth be told, this course is making me realize that Human Resources might actually be my calling.