Back to Managing Your Money: MBA Insights for Undergraduates

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Your Money: MBA Insights for Undergraduates by University of California, Irvine

4.4

This course will use as its foundation the principles of managerial economics and draw in a multidisciplinary way upon other disciplines in business education.The goal of the course is to introduce college students in a very practical and useful way to the concepts of time and money management along with career and life planning....

KC

Feb 20, 2017

A very insightful course for those who would like to improve their financial lives. One of the courses where implementation of the principles correctly would be key to success in one's life.

Nov 17, 2018

Nice course that provides a unique overview of the basics of personal finance that everyone should know but isn't taught or made aware of. Most folks learn this information the hard way.

1 - 25 of 177 Reviews for Managing Your Money: MBA Insights for Undergraduates

By Hala H

Jun 08, 2019

This is one of the best courses I've ever take. It educates you and motivates you to start planning for the future by saving and investing from early to have a better future. It guides you and clarifies your misunderstanding of some financial instruments. Thank you very much Dr. Peter Navarro and Alex LeBon. You've done a great job.

By Chinyere J N

Dec 03, 2019

In addition to providing practical and insightful information, this course is structured in an engaging, readily accessible format. As a recent college grad who's three months into my gap year, there's no question that I have learned some of the most useful information about my personal finances in this course than I did during my entire college career. I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants not only an introduction to matters relating to investments, credit, loans, insurance, and entrepreneurship, but particularly those looking for resources to build upon that introductory knowledge and continue towards a more prosperous financial future.

By Asnath J N

Dec 11, 2015

the lessons are well arranged and easy to understand. the tutors are well conversed with the topics being taught and appear to be excited about imparting the knowledge. it has been my pleasure to be part of this MOOC and am well equipped to handle my money matters considering am a medical doctor by profession so this course has been an excellent eye opener to me. keep up the good work and i look forward to more from you!!

By Peter J Z

Oct 15, 2015

Great simple lessons that directly increase your financial intelligence and investing prowess. I highly recommend this course to everyone especially young adults fresh out of high school. I learned very valuable lessons on how to manage my money that even a lot of other adults and people my age never learned. It has a cheesy presentation but this course is the real deal if you want to learn about how to manage your money.

By Jennifer P

Feb 20, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was not boring due to the fun format Professor Navarro and Alex had created.

The course was very general but it was designed so we could have a grasp of the necessary functional financial knowledge to navigate our daily life.

I liked the examples given throughout the lessons to aid the concepts.

I will definitely take another course teaching by Professor Navarro.

By Pan Y

Sep 20, 2015

The course is informative while at the same time, quite innovative. The first four weeks provide well-designed and effective video clips introducing basic saving, investment, insurance ... knowledge. The last week talks about Entrepreneurship and MBA, which gives me a new insight towards how business works. Really useful for my career.

By David T

Aug 17, 2015

Excellent, informative and comprehensive course. The tutors go at a steady pace and give the lessons in such a way that makes them easy to understand. They cut out the jargon you hear everyday and break things down to a comforting level. Wish they taught something like this in schools in England as these are essential life skills!

By Eric H

Sep 03, 2015

You've heard this before: I wish I'd had advice like this when I was younger. As in fifty years ago!

And: what a generous tax system you have in America. Tax deductions if you save for your kids' education, and for your mortgage payments. But, I think you work harder than most of the rest of the world.

Great course, thank you.

By Luis G A P

Aug 08, 2016

Very good course to learn business basics like taxes, positions that are helpful for starting a business, also about stocks, bonds or else. I really recommend this course for people who is not aware of business or they are at a basic level so they can have a bigger and simple picture of what involves.

By Nicole L

Oct 28, 2017

super helpful for learning real life skills. i am really glad i was required to take this course. i feel so much more knowledgeable about real world information that i will need to know as a responsible independent, handling my own finances and as a business student. this was awesome!

By Zhaoyun L

Nov 18, 2018

Five stars of course. Thanks to Professor Navarro, and Alex Lebon who is majoring in Physics. They really help me how to manage my business and even my life. Something I thought that is not important, now I have a different opinion. Great course, useful and educational, thanks again.

By Emily L

Oct 30, 2017

I found this course highly beneficial as a supplement to the UCI Management 4A videos I watch for class. My only issue is the fee I had to pay in order to register for this course. As a requirement for the class, I don't think it is fair to charge students for these lessons.

By Cristiano P

Nov 24, 2015

It's a very interesting course that gives you a smattering of how to manage money in life and also gives you a pleasurable insight on how things work in US. I love the section about the MBA and I'm intrigued by the operation management (so i'm going to start that course :)).

By amardeeep s j

Dec 07, 2015

Really good course and educates you on how to be prosperous and responsible monetarily. Additionally, Alex provided a very good insight on 5 functional areas a prospective MBA candidate may work. My deepest thanks to Dr Peter Navarro, Prof Greg Archer and Alex.

By andrew r

Jul 28, 2016

Well, The course helped me to realize the need to check on my savings and expenses and more so planning on money as a whole. If the courses were offered without having to be necessarily purchased in order to make the quiz part valid, It would be good.

By Ayush B

Sep 04, 2019

The course was very insightful and I think it should be taught to student's as early as when they are in high school. I would love it if there's another course with even more details. Thank you instructor's for such an amazing experience!

By Maliki B W

Aug 10, 2015

Amazing course; All undergraduates in African Universities should be tough how to manage their money and how to get their money working for them. I wish I was taught this earlier as an undergraaduate; howeverr it's never too late learn.

By Sharon R

May 30, 2019

I took this course to test it out to use for my own kids and for a group or young adults to learn about money management. This is exactly what I was looking for as an easy to use primer to the subject.

Thanks! Alex and Dr. Navarro!

By Alexander V

Sep 11, 2017

great overview of the various financial instruments and decisions one will make in their life and good insight on how best to approach and utilize the various financial tools available for personal and professional success

By Nediljko R

Sep 27, 2015

Very good course. I knew some of the things in the course but I was clueless about some others. Very information. I do recommend this course for people who never put too much consideration into personal finance before.

By Julia H

Feb 09, 2016

This course is very good for anyone who wants to tackle MBA fundamentals. Both instructors, prof Navarro and Alex LeBon, are easy going and friendly. I also really enjoyed their jokes and quotations! :D

By Kinshook C

Feb 20, 2017

By Shashwat S

Nov 17, 2018

By Angel P Q

Oct 25, 2017

I've enjoyed this journey on this MBA coursera course and learning new tactics to help me in my future and I thank all the instructors mentioned and who helped in these videos

By Trang T L

Oct 11, 2017

This course was very helpful in introducing me to managing my money and my life as well as providing a basis and foundation for the start of my MBA degree in college.