Back to Managing Your Money: MBA Insights for Undergraduates

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Your Money: MBA Insights for Undergraduates by University of California, Irvine

This course will use as its foundation the principles of managerial economics and draw in a multidisciplinary way upon other disciplines in business education.The goal of the course is to introduce college students in a very practical and useful way to the concepts of time and money management along with career and life planning....

MS
Jul 6, 2020

One of the best courses I have ever done. Excellent framework and structure, everything was up to the mark. Started with basics and progressively connected all the dots. Best course for beginners.

KC
Feb 19, 2017

A very insightful course for those who would like to improve their financial lives. One of the courses where implementation of the principles correctly would be key to success in one's life.

1 - 25 of 225 Reviews for Managing Your Money: MBA Insights for Undergraduates

By Kathy H

Jul 7, 2016

Topics were basic but good, but I cannot understand why a physics undergrad with no screen presence and mispronunciations was asked to lead this course instead of the MBA professor who was advertised. I found that there were at least a couple of places that were ageist and overly simplistic in talking about retirement planning and there were moments that there was a paranoid anti-government vibe that I found off-putting.

By Hala H

Jun 8, 2019

This is one of the best courses I've ever take. It educates you and motivates you to start planning for the future by saving and investing from early to have a better future. It guides you and clarifies your misunderstanding of some financial instruments. Thank you very much Dr. Peter Navarro and Alex LeBon. You've done a great job.

By Manu S

Jul 7, 2020

By Chinyere J N

Dec 3, 2019

In addition to providing practical and insightful information, this course is structured in an engaging, readily accessible format. As a recent college grad who's three months into my gap year, there's no question that I have learned some of the most useful information about my personal finances in this course than I did during my entire college career. I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants not only an introduction to matters relating to investments, credit, loans, insurance, and entrepreneurship, but particularly those looking for resources to build upon that introductory knowledge and continue towards a more prosperous financial future.

By Nediljko R

Sep 27, 2015

Very good course. I knew some of the things in the course but I was clueless about some others. Very information. I do recommend this course for people who never put too much consideration into personal finance before.

By Julia H

Feb 9, 2016

This course is very good for anyone who wants to tackle MBA fundamentals. Both instructors, prof Navarro and Alex LeBon, are easy going and friendly. I also really enjoyed their jokes and quotations! :D

By Kinshook C

Feb 20, 2017

By Shashwat S

Nov 17, 2018

Nice course that provides a unique overview of the basics of personal finance that everyone should know but isn't taught or made aware of. Most folks learn this information the hard way.

By Angel P Q

Oct 25, 2017

I've enjoyed this journey on this MBA coursera course and learning new tactics to help me in my future and I thank all the instructors mentioned and who helped in these videos

By Trang T L

Oct 11, 2017

This course was very helpful in introducing me to managing my money and my life as well as providing a basis and foundation for the start of my MBA degree in college.

By Youssef M H

Nov 26, 2018

It was a great course, I've learned more about money and budgeting.

Thank to anyone who has done such a great efforts to make this course.

By Rachel D

Oct 26, 2017

Prof. Novarro is one of my favorite instructors, he makes online courses really fun. The grad student did a good job as well.

By Patricio M A

Aug 14, 2015

Very good introductory course, it's simple and allows any person without financial studies to understand how to manage money.

By Roberto M D B

Nov 15, 2017

Thanks to this course I was able to understand how to use my credit card and now I am debt free with a credit score of 731

By iolanda m

Mar 26, 2020

Perfect for undergrads, which I knew all things they talk about earlier in life!

If you're over 30 probably no need

By Asnath J N

Dec 10, 2015

the lessons are well arranged and easy to understand. the tutors are well conversed with the topics being taught and appear to be excited about imparting the knowledge. it has been my pleasure to be part of this MOOC and am well equipped to handle my money matters considering am a medical doctor by profession so this course has been an excellent eye opener to me. keep up the good work and i look forward to more from you!!

By Peter J Z

Oct 15, 2015

Great simple lessons that directly increase your financial intelligence and investing prowess. I highly recommend this course to everyone especially young adults fresh out of high school. I learned very valuable lessons on how to manage my money that even a lot of other adults and people my age never learned. It has a cheesy presentation but this course is the real deal if you want to learn about how to manage your money.

By Jennifer P

Feb 20, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was not boring due to the fun format Professor Navarro and Alex had created.

The course was very general but it was designed so we could have a grasp of the necessary functional financial knowledge to navigate our daily life.

I liked the examples given throughout the lessons to aid the concepts.

I will definitely take another course teaching by Professor Navarro.

By Rahul K

Aug 5, 2020

I would highly recommend this course to anyone who ask me what should i do or how should i be ready regarding any financial queries , this course is taking an head start while others are still planning and thinking. Thanks for covering a broad areas covering almost everything that will be needed by every individuals for their future.! Thanks for the opportunity.

By Pan Y

Sep 20, 2015

The course is informative while at the same time, quite innovative. The first four weeks provide well-designed and effective video clips introducing basic saving, investment, insurance ... knowledge. The last week talks about Entrepreneurship and MBA, which gives me a new insight towards how business works. Really useful for my career.

By David T

Aug 17, 2015

Excellent, informative and comprehensive course. The tutors go at a steady pace and give the lessons in such a way that makes them easy to understand. They cut out the jargon you hear everyday and break things down to a comforting level. Wish they taught something like this in schools in England as these are essential life skills!

By kalyan r

Mar 3, 2020

Coursera offers an astonishing chance to develop yourself! Actually, you can learn anything you want from the world's greatest minds. This is a brand new way of learning new things. I've gained lots of knowledge regarding savings , investing , benefits of debit and credit cards, stock market analysis and very much about MBA.

By Eric H

Sep 3, 2015

You've heard this before: I wish I'd had advice like this when I was younger. As in fifty years ago!

And: what a generous tax system you have in America. Tax deductions if you save for your kids' education, and for your mortgage payments. But, I think you work harder than most of the rest of the world.

Great course, thank you.

By Luis G A P

Aug 7, 2016

Very good course to learn business basics like taxes, positions that are helpful for starting a business, also about stocks, bonds or else. I really recommend this course for people who is not aware of business or they are at a basic level so they can have a bigger and simple picture of what involves.

By Twannetta W

I enjoyed this course immensely. Everything learning activity discussed had a real-life and tangible experience that I can honestly say I've touched in some fashion or form. I hope everyone young and old appreciates what this course has to offer. Wish I could have taken this when I was 18!