Back to Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies by Wesleyan University

Welcome to Understanding Memory. Someone once said that memory is fascinating because sometimes we forget what we want to remember, sometimes we remember what we want to forget, and sometimes we remember events that never happened or never happened the way we remember them. I want to show you how memory works, why it sometimes fails, and what we can do to enhance it. Based on my recent book – Memory and Movies: What Films Can Teach Us About Memory (MIT Press, 2015) – I will provide an introduction to the scientific study of human memory by focusing on a select group of topics that hold widespread appeal. To facilitate your understanding, I will use clips from numerous films to illustrate different aspects of memory – describing what has been learned about memory in a nontechnical way for people with no prior background in psychology. Many of us love watching movies because they offer an unparalleled opportunity for entertainment, even if entertaining films are not always scientifically accurate. Still, I believe that we can learn a lot about memory from popular films, if we watch them with an educated eye. Welcome once more. I am looking forward to showing you what movies can teach us about memory. John Seamon Professor of Psychology Emeritus Wesleyan University...

RD

Aug 01, 2020

The material is presented in an easy to remember and understand format. Information is repeated several times during a lecture. The videos chosen enhanced understanding and engagement in the lectures.

KK

Jun 03, 2020

one of the best course I did on Coursera. I really love learning memory and psychology at the same time. the examples given are really just awesome. One useful course during this COVID-19 pandemic.

276 - 300 of 455 Reviews for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

By Muhammet M F

Jun 13, 2017

It is easy to follow, clear and informative. Thanks!

By Sara B

Feb 09, 2018

Thoroughly fascinating and understandable Thank you

By Mohit C

Love the course Sir, little issue with audio only.

By Lisa P

Jul 05, 2018

Great learning through lectures and movie examples

By Wai S H

Apr 10, 2017

Great course. I've learned a lot thru the touching

By ALABBAD, S A A

Aug 07, 2016

Outstanding course. To the point and expectations.

By Gwen B

Jul 15, 2020

Amazing course taught in a very entertaining way!

By Jeevika p

Jun 18, 2020

nice course .. expands our level of imagination..

By Humberto G

May 21, 2016

Excellent. Great examples and easy to understand.

By ayse

May 13, 2016

I find these videos very informative. Thank you.

By Raje A

Jun 08, 2020

I gained good information and enjoyed learning.

By احمد ا

Mar 12, 2018

one of the most enjoyable & informative courses

By MERYEM Y

Jul 13, 2016

One of the best courses I ever had on Coursera!

By luisa f m

Nov 15, 2016

an excelent and useful course I really like it

By JOHN Q

Feb 18, 2016

Interesting, enjoyable,and well taught course!

By Ajay C

Jul 02, 2020

A great course. The talk as kept interesting

By Sergio T

Jun 05, 2020

un buen curso, claro, sencillo y entretenido

By amira e

Aug 15, 2018

i'm in the first weak but i loved it already

By Akshat J

Jun 29, 2018

A brilliant course. It is a must do course.

By ZHIQIANG Z

Oct 22, 2017

easy to grasp concepts , interesting medium

By Hasan P

Jan 26, 2017

It is a very informative course for memory.

By ji e p

Jan 06, 2017

thank you understanding memory!i like this

By Elena M

Jan 05, 2019

Thank you! The course is really useful.

By Başak s

Apr 14, 2020

Great course with wonderful takeaways.

By Radhika

Jul 22, 2019

Amazing and very informative course!!