Back to Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies by Wesleyan University

Welcome to Understanding Memory. Someone once said that memory is fascinating because sometimes we forget what we want to remember, sometimes we remember what we want to forget, and sometimes we remember events that never happened or never happened the way we remember them. I want to show you how memory works, why it sometimes fails, and what we can do to enhance it. Based on my recent book – Memory and Movies: What Films Can Teach Us About Memory (MIT Press, 2015) – I will provide an introduction to the scientific study of human memory by focusing on a select group of topics that hold widespread appeal. To facilitate your understanding, I will use clips from numerous films to illustrate different aspects of memory – describing what has been learned about memory in a nontechnical way for people with no prior background in psychology. Many of us love watching movies because they offer an unparalleled opportunity for entertainment, even if entertaining films are not always scientifically accurate. Still, I believe that we can learn a lot about memory from popular films, if we watch them with an educated eye. Welcome once more. I am looking forward to showing you what movies can teach us about memory. John Seamon Professor of Psychology Emeritus Wesleyan University...

RD

Jul 31, 2020

The material is presented in an easy to remember and understand format. Information is repeated several times during a lecture. The videos chosen enhanced understanding and engagement in the lectures.

MS

Feb 6, 2021

This is a great course.I'm a film lover and a psychology student.This method of learning [learning through movies] more effect than the usual learning. Hope to see more courses like this in future.

351 - 375 of 609 Reviews for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

By Priyanka B

Sep 3, 2020

it was a great course very educational. i really enjoyed it.

By Elvira Z

Jun 19, 2016

A most interesting form of a course presentation. Thank you!

By ROUSI V

Apr 2, 2021

Such an incredible seminar about brain function and memory!

By DR R S

Dec 31, 2019

Brilliant course learn a lot about memory and how it works.

By Imane f f

Feb 19, 2018

very joyful and fun to learn, I loved every lesson so far.

By Heather S M

Sep 24, 2020

This course was informative and engaging. I recommend it.

By Nancy

Jul 29, 2019

Loved this course!! I have recommended this course to many

By Usha V

Oct 29, 2017

To the point, well organized course. Thank you very much.

By Oğuz C O

Aug 23, 2021

What a great way to teach memory. Absolutely appreciated!

By Sandra O

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent content and worth reviewing! Great movies also.

By Donald G

Jul 22, 2017

I loved this course. It was informative and entertaining.

By Simone E G

Oct 31, 2016

I loved the way the course was given, with film examples.

By 吴秀琛

Apr 27, 2018

The course is informative and really good for beginner .

By Jessica

Sep 4, 2016

Such an interesting course, would definitely recommend.

By Romilly C

Sep 21, 2020

Fascinating and valuable material engagingly presented.

By Tània S

Sep 2, 2020

The best course I've ever taken. Thank you John Seamon.

By Mai H

Dec 1, 2019

It is new approach to learn about memory through films.

By Arpit B

Feb 21, 2019

The Concept of Learning with Movie Examples is Awesome.

By KEERTHI R

Nov 23, 2016

An awesome experience with the team. A big THANK YOU!!!

By Reba S

Oct 26, 2016

An informative class put together in a very interesting

By Corinne S

Mar 24, 2016

Really interesting and informative. I highly recommend!

By Helene S

Dec 13, 2020

An example of how much fun one can have while learning

By Paolo G

Jul 8, 2020

Thank you so much for the learnings in this course! <3

By Eyram

Jul 20, 2017

This was a very interesting way to learn about memory!

By Antonio M