Back to Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies by Wesleyan University

Welcome to Understanding Memory. Someone once said that memory is fascinating because sometimes we forget what we want to remember, sometimes we remember what we want to forget, and sometimes we remember events that never happened or never happened the way we remember them. I want to show you how memory works, why it sometimes fails, and what we can do to enhance it. Based on my recent book – Memory and Movies: What Films Can Teach Us About Memory (MIT Press, 2015) – I will provide an introduction to the scientific study of human memory by focusing on a select group of topics that hold widespread appeal. To facilitate your understanding, I will use clips from numerous films to illustrate different aspects of memory – describing what has been learned about memory in a nontechnical way for people with no prior background in psychology. Many of us love watching movies because they offer an unparalleled opportunity for entertainment, even if entertaining films are not always scientifically accurate. Still, I believe that we can learn a lot about memory from popular films, if we watch them with an educated eye. Welcome once more. I am looking forward to showing you what movies can teach us about memory. John Seamon Professor of Psychology Emeritus Wesleyan University...

RD
Jul 31, 2020

The material is presented in an easy to remember and understand format. Information is repeated several times during a lecture. The videos chosen enhanced understanding and engagement in the lectures.

KK
Jun 2, 2020

one of the best course I did on Coursera. I really love learning memory and psychology at the same time. the examples given are really just awesome. One useful course during this COVID-19 pandemic.

351 - 375 of 515 Reviews for Understanding Memory: Explaining the Psychology of Memory through Movies

By Radhika S

Jul 22, 2019

Amazing and very informative course!!

By daniela g v

Apr 22, 2019

So good to be true. I love the curse.

By Geri A O

Oct 12, 2020

a very interesting psychology course

By Igor K

Feb 24, 2017

Wondefull course from create lecture

By Natalia O O

Oct 5, 2016

A great course with a great teacher!

By Phil R

May 22, 2016

Thanks for vividly alerting me to wh

By Alexis J M

May 20, 2016

Very interesting topic and lectures!

By Evelina S

Apr 15, 2016

Very interesting and valuable course

By Mobashir A

Aug 21, 2020

Wonderful way of explaining things.

By Ekaterina S

May 22, 2019

So engaging! Thank you, professor!

By Roger M

Sep 3, 2018

Very entertaining and informative!

By Juan C G Z

May 9, 2020

Great Course, highly recommended.

By Rand J

Jun 6, 2020

Very interesting and informative

By Prashant S S

May 2, 2019

Very nice and informative course

By Stephen F

Sep 28, 2016

Fun and filled with Brilliance!

By Carolina A V S

Jun 30, 2018

Great course and great movies.

By Malavika M

Aug 13, 2020

One of the best experiences.

By Shivakumar

Mar 15, 2019

Liked the Course. Good one.

By Nancy W

Jun 19, 2017

This course was lots of fun.

By clement d

Jan 31, 2020

very interesting! thank you

By Monika M

Oct 23, 2017

Excellent learning program

By Cynthia M

Mar 12, 2016

Definitely worth the time!

By Marta F