Back to Methods of Surface Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Methods of Surface Analysis by National Research Nuclear University MEPhI

There is a vast variety of contemporary surface analysis methods that you can use for your research. If you are not sure which one is right for you, or if you want to obtain the right information about different surface analysis techniques, then this course is for you! This course describes the most widely used analysis methods in contemporary surface science. It presents the strengths and weaknesses of each method so that you can choose the one that provides you with the information you need. It also reviews what each method cannot give to you, as well as how to interpret the results obtained from each method. This course is filled with examples to help you become familiar with the graphs and figures obtained from common surface analysis methods. Each method is described in a similar way: basic principle, apparatus scheme, example results, special features, and actual device examples....

NE
Apr 28, 2020

Very good for researchers, those who are finding difficulty in choosing right tool for surface analysis. Instructor was good and content also with right graphic, makes interesting.

ST
Dec 17, 2020

Very useful and good course. the lecturer was very well. one of the best side of this course was to give slide documents unlike other courses.

1 - 25 of 48 Reviews for Methods of Surface Analysis

By Nagaraj E

Apr 29, 2020

By Arsalan S

It was very informative and I am happy to competed this wonderful course. Very point to point effort done by Coursera and MEPhI.

By Kalpana P

Nov 22, 2020

Hi

I really enjoyed the course. Thank you for the educator. The descriptions and slides were conceptual. Timing of each video was good enough to capture. Diagrams, definitions and examples were good.

A small suggestion is I expected one of the best technique for the method of surface analysis is, Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) but it was not added in this course. But good anyway.

Thank you overall.

By Joshua M N

Nov 14, 2020

Tells about the basics of surface analysis which what I really needed to learn, some terms may be complicated and background knowledge is needed. with repetitive reading and a bit of researching for terms, I got to learn exactly, I sparked an interest in using SEM, I would enroll in a course mostly focus on electron microscope and in-depth skill and knowledge on how to use the exact device.

By Katarzyna W

Apr 2, 2020

Thank you Yaroslav Sadovsky for your clear explanation of methods! It was very nice to listen to you everyday. You allow me to understand the main problems with methods, especially SEM, EDS and XPS, with which I am working in my PhD work. Very valuable course! Thank you again :)

By Ricardo M

May 17, 2021

I finalln understood the way these characterization techniques work, it seems to me that the teacher knows a lot about these topics. Here I got information wich is not very easy to be found on internet or even college.

By Mamadoukalan D

Sep 3, 2020

Very very good courses and your explanations are very good and clear.

These items are very important for engineer researchers and thesis researchers.

Please Can I get a certificate for this course?

By Gabriel A C G

Jul 5, 2020

Very didactic course and presents the concepts of each technique directly, allowing to reflect on how we can improve the results obtained in each one. I recommend this course.

By Sukru T

Dec 18, 2020

By Taya F

Mar 2, 2021

This course was fantastic in its organization and presentation of material. The instructor was engaging and easy to follow. Highly recommend.

By prashant b

Jun 1, 2021

Excellent course. It helped me a lot to to get the idea of the most of the concepts which are very necessary for my current research.

By K.M. A R

Apr 8, 2020

I am currently doing research on thin film. This course is going to help me a lot. Thanks a lot to the Professor. He is amazing.

By Caique A

Nov 10, 2020

Excellent course that provides a lot of information about the most important characterization tools for materials.

By Chayl J F L

Jul 11, 2020

As a researcher, this course helped a lot in identifying which surface analysis should be appropriately used.

By Hazel P D

This course covers a lot of important topics really well. The analysis part is explained in a great way.

By venkataratnam k

Jul 12, 2020

To acquire a basic knowledge of materials and their characterization, It was the finest course of all

By Satheeskumar S

May 4, 2020

Very good course. From week 1 to week 5 all the contents and explanation about the are very well.

By Suresh D

Jul 10, 2021

Very informative and gives quick glance of very much needed material characterization techniques

By Beatriz M C

Jan 10, 2021

Good, quick and short course, easy to follow, good explanations, good and easy-to-follow videos.

By SILVANA C C

Nov 17, 2020

Thanks you so much for this course, I love it and I improved my skills for this!!

By Kalpana G

Jul 7, 2020

This course was really helpful for the sample preparations and characterizations.

By Amal C K

Jun 2, 2020

A very useful course in intermediate level on surface analysis

By Vishal J

Oct 30, 2020

I AM TOTALLY HAPPY WITH THE TUTOR. I LOVED HIS DEDICATION.

By Shirish B

May 8, 2020

Excellent Course for Material Researcher & students

By kundan p r

May 12, 2019

good course have studied a lot a about surfaces