Back to Microeconomics Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Most people make the incorrect assumption that economics is ONLY the study of money. My primary goal in this course is to shatter this belief. During this course, we will be addressing the above questions as well as many more relating to: -the environment -love and marriage -crime -labor markets -education -politics -sports -business My main goal is to show you the way economists think and how to use this analytical system to answer questions related not only to these and other important human issues but to anything you end up doing with your life after this class. After all, as you will quickly find out, I believe that everything is economics!...

VA
Mar 13, 2019

It's a very well made course. Special thanks to Dr Jose for conveying the fundamentals of Microeconomics in such a lucid and simple way which helps in developing a solid intuition for the subject. :)

FK
Jul 15, 2017

Great way to explain economics, especially for students with english as a second language. Thanks for dividing the videos into smaller parts making me able to plan my schedule in great flexibility.

76 - 100 of 402 Reviews for Microeconomics Principles

By ivy

Dec 23, 2018

I am a student majoring in economics. Actually, the lecturers in my college made me disappointed about economics. But I get interested in it in this class.

By Koruprolu S

Aug 6, 2020

This is the best course to start exploring the feild of economics. I have completed the course and loved the way it was structed from beggining to the end.

By SHAILESH K J

Aug 3, 2020

Great course. Cleared almost all doubts in microeconomics efficiently.

Explained with real life examples, hence showing use of economics in day to day life.

By Pratik U

Jul 8, 2018

It is very good course, especially for those who are beginners. The professor gave introduction to all basic concepts of economics with very good examples.

By Benjamin K C

Aug 24, 2020

The professor is very engaging with comparisons to the real world through videos and examples. Other coursera economics courses were bland in comparison.

By Parul A

I learnt a great deal anout the basics of macro economics. It is a great course that will help surely help you in understanding and clearing the basics.

By CHEN Y

Apr 18, 2020

Our professor is so nice, and he can simplify many concepts and theories by adding proper examples such as interviews or games. So I did enjoy it much.

By IREN T E

The course guide was awesome. The way he presented all topics, the best I could learn. If the class lectures slide were provided that would be better.

By Gorki D B C

Nov 10, 2019

Muy buen curso, rápido y agradable. Las explicaciones sencillas y fáciles de entender, además de que procuraban mantener el interés de los estudiantes

By apoorva a

Jul 7, 2020

I have never come across such a fun and honest course before. With the perfectly presented examples, this course made learning so easy and relatable.

By Nesa M

Feb 23, 2020

This was an amazing course! Kudos to the professor for making this a great and easier way to understand the basics of microeconomics on my own time!

By Cuong H K

Jun 4, 2019

just finishing the courses, you'll learn strategies to use in your daily life and will be able to make a better decision for yourself economically.

By Agnieszka K - K

Jun 28, 2020

Very interesting course. The examples used by the instructor are very good. I found the quizzes a bit difficult, but I passed them all in the end.

By Erin J

May 31, 2019

Whether you are using this as a review or to learn the basics this course uses fun, relevant examples to teach you the concepts. Highly Recommend!

By Edirisinghe P R S E

Nov 30, 2020

Excellent course ! More examples and explanation helped to easy understand. The Highly appreciate the efforts of lecturer throughout this course.

By 俊雄 梅

Apr 5, 2018

really really thank you for introducing me to this excellent world of economic and hope one day i can have the chance to study in this university

By Camilo B

Oct 16, 2020

Una muy buena explicación acerca de los principios de microeconomia. Y un excelente profesor con una increíble capacidad didáctica para enseñar.

By Marcel R

Dec 3, 2017

The best economics course I've taken, excellent professor, very interesting real-life examples, very detailed in each topic. Highly recommended.

By Ishan A

Aug 19, 2020

A great course with an expanse of knowledge about Microeconomics. Mesmerized to understand the practical application of the principles learned.

By Prompiriya P

Great introductory course. While it certainly lacks real life case study, the content is enough to know the basics to go forward in this topic.

By Liwei J

Jun 26, 2020

This course is absolutely wonderful and useful! It really opens the door to economics for me! Everything is so detailed and clear. Love it!

By Sachin G

Aug 14, 2020

it was a great experience completing this course , a wide array of topics were explained and concepts were explained with elaborate examples

By economics

Jun 25, 2017

It is an excellent course to improve your knowledge in Economics. The course content is what you need to get insight into microeconmics.

By Lee S Y

Dec 2, 2017

Clear and comprehensive, with sufficient practice for beginners. Doubles as an effective revision tool. Could be less draggy though.

By Shalonda F

Jul 16, 2017

I really do enjoy the way the professor teaches the course. His examples have been what has aided me in parts that I struggled with!