Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

251 - 275 of 1,032 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Tim C

Jun 05, 2017

a wonderfully carried out MOOC, but I suggest one little improvement: could we have the script of the videos available to us? just like the learning how to learning MOOC?

By Andrea C

Jan 02, 2018

Absolutely loved this course, which I think is full with very practical advise and ideas for growth. The "memory tips" lessons are also very nice and useful, a must try!

By Radha J

Aug 23, 2017

This course has been an eye opener for me. A life transforming experience. It has encouraged me to get out of the boxes I have made for myself and believe I can survive.

By Joao C

Mar 01, 2018

Such a wonderful course, full of new ideas of how to shift your mind through obstacles and everyday situations we face. High recommended to anyone in any stage of life.

By Jiazhi G

Aug 19, 2017

Incredible course! I never know that I have so much potential to discover.

I try the concepts in this course. It really works!

My aspect to the world has totally changed!

By Laura M

May 23, 2017

A very well-done course; it excels at everything: content, delivery, pacing, syllabus structure, scripting, video editing, images, quiz design, etc. Highly recommended.

By Kristina G

Mar 02, 2018

I really loved this course. No matter what you do for a living or what topics you would like to learn about, this course can definitely help you across multiple areas.

By Uvo-Vincent D

Nov 04, 2018

this course has helped me beyond words. i am grateful to the lecturers and everyone who put in effort to make this MOOC possible. i love you all and God bless you all

By Eeva L

Sep 25, 2017

Excellent follow up to Learning to Learn. This course sets you up for thinking broadly your abilities and adaptation in ever-changing world of science and technology.

By Srikar K P

Jun 13, 2017

A worthy successor to Learning How to Learn, Mindshift builds upon many of the concepts introduced in the former as well as introduces many more! Worth the time spent

By João L

Jun 01, 2018

It helped me view things with a whole new set of information that changed my life for the better and also informed me about things i wish i should have known before

By Denzil J

Jan 28, 2020

This MOOC was the best I ever had come thru, I kept learning and the the best of the Test, I had attempted 9 time to get thru, This taught me more that i expected.

By Ryan N

Apr 18, 2018

Fantastic course. Useful content even if you have taken Learning How to Learn as well. Some of this information will be beneficial to me throughout my entire life!

By Karen S M

Aug 24, 2017

Good Stuff. Something for everyone. Well taught and easy to digest. No matter where you are in your education or career you can find something useful in this MOOC.

By Ronny D W

May 05, 2017

This "Mindshift" course should be on the top of your todo list if you want to broaden your passion and enhance your career, personal life, and learning experience.

By K.R.Nithyanand

May 24, 2017

Great way to shift your mind away from obstacles to learning. Potentials are not hidden anymore. In fact they complement each other to bring out the best in you.

By Mariana K M V

Jan 29, 2019

Excelente la forma de enseñar, tan digerible y te sientes acompañado de la mano con los ejercicios y ejemplos. te cambia la vida.

Felicitaciones a los profesores

By Satish K

Aug 28, 2018

Wonderful course !! First of all belive in yourself and your inner mind and then have confidence in mindshifting !! Great course. Thanks a lot to all Professor .

By Cristian V M

Dec 22, 2017

Excellent course. A lot of valuable tips and tricks. It should be followed by everybody, not only by those who are struggling to make a mindshift/career change!

By Horacio G

May 06, 2017

Concepts explained very simply through metaphors and examples. Great overview of physiological and psychological aspects of lifelong learning and career change.

By Liz C

Mar 11, 2018

This course was very helpful in helping me find ways of shifting my thinking about traits I have that would normally be viewed as bad or unhelpful. Recommend.

By chenshuyuan

Feb 21, 2019

Give me the reasons to find my hidden potential,lead me in a positive learning style .And I know that I can use promodo to help me do things more effeciently.

By Giuseppe C

Feb 13, 2019

This has been my first course, and I really satisfied about it.

I am planning to take other courses of this kind.

Many thanks and fond regards,

Giuseppe Catani

By Sharon W

May 19, 2017

Has given me the motivation and the confidence to explore and 'broaden my passions'.

Loved this course, can't recommend it highly enough!

Thanks Barb and Terry

By Raymond B

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed the course and truly learned more than I thought I would. I gained real world skills that I have already started to apply in my learning process.