Back to Control of Mobile Robots

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Control of Mobile Robots by Georgia Institute of Technology

Control of Mobile Robots is a course that focuses on the application of modern control theory to the problem of making robots move around in safe and effective ways. The structure of this class is somewhat unusual since it involves many moving parts - to do robotics right, one has to go from basic theory all the way to an actual robot moving around in the real world, which is the challenge we have set out to address through the different pieces in the course....

AP

Jun 17, 2016

Amazing coursework. Very important for individuals looking for a control theory based approach to Robotics.\n\nProf Magnus engages the classes in a very intuitive and enjoyable manner .

SC

Jun 27, 2016

Cursory course on Modern control and linear systems touching on other aspects of robotics and control. Programing is optional and includes a 2D two wheel differential navigation robot.

251 - 275 of 294 Reviews for Control of Mobile Robots

By nigglees

Oct 04, 2017

nice

By Antoine N

Oct 15, 2016

Excellent material. It could have been better if the tracking problem had more examples showing practical application. For example, I struggled to apply the control theoretic material from this course to Penn's Aerial Robotics course. Also, it wasn't crystal clear how to compose PID regulator from the "systematic" approach. This being said, I enjoyed the course and learned a lot.

By Denesh k

Jul 02, 2019

This course was really helpful for me to learn about Robotics,Dynamics,controls etc .... but i did not understand certain mathematical calculations in few lectures . some reference text books could have been given for this course .

but overall it was really good , we had great time with the professor ...

thank you sir ...

bye .:))

By Gerrick B

Jun 04, 2017

Pretty good intro to the concepts and theory. The coding is good in that it give the learner just enough context to relate to the material. For those curious, this course is enough to give the learner the feeling of "yes I want to learn more" or "oh, this isn't what I thought", which was perfect for me.

By Bill T

Sep 27, 2016

Very good review of mobile robots and control theory in regard to them. Fairly limited to movement of terrestrial robots using wheels, but provides foundational mathematics applicable to other designs. The MATLAB simulation examples allow you to build your own algorithms to test out the concepts.

By Brett S

Feb 27, 2018

Lots of good, dense information here which helped me solve specific problem I was having designing a robot for a client.

I was new to state space modeling so I had to put a decent amount of time learning from alternative sources, the course does not emphasize teaching the mathematics.

By Gustavo S

Oct 31, 2016

really good material with explanations for everybody; great control concepts made easy and practical; it is very important to have conceptual bases and this course gives it. Thanks to Professor and his crew! =)

By Le T G D

Aug 14, 2017

This is the good course on Coursera. I have learned many fundamental concepts in mobile robot and hope that it will help me in my career.

Thanks Professor and all of the staff in this course.

By Arun V

Jun 27, 2017

Provided a really good platform to build an interest in mobile robotics. I am really looking forward to use these concepts and move forward. It is a really good course in every way.

By Abdelrahman S S E

Oct 16, 2018

It's a nice course and Dr.Magnus way of teaching is nice as well. but i think there should be more practical assignments on every week rather than being an obligatory thing.

By Jithu K

Dec 09, 2017

Great course to get started with the basics of mobile robotics. Not an advanced course. But you can still expand your horizons with this as a starting step.

By David G

Jul 14, 2017

Great introductory course! Would be better if there are more step by step hints for the programming exercises as well as a submission system.

By Kapil D K

Nov 07, 2016

A good course that specifically teaches about Mobile Robots. Along with the course a control theory textbook will be very useful.

By Wajeeh a y

Jan 20, 2019

Prof. Magnus provides the essence of the course content very well. I hope there will be future courses related to the topic

By MSG56

Jan 18, 2017

I really enjoyed the course, but wish there was still support for the optional construction and programming your own robot.

By mahmoud o

Jun 09, 2016

great course I learnt a lot ... I wish to attend another course for the same professor and the great team of instructors

By Taimoor D K

Oct 04, 2019

I loved the way Dr. Egerstedt taught the course. It is a very good introductory course to the world of mobile robots.

By Ananth H

Feb 03, 2017

pretty good course,gave me a good kick start into the robot control field and also on how to proceed further into it.

By Kavya A

May 24, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed your class!

But then again I took your course at Georgia Tech as well so I might be biased :)

By Kishaan J

May 01, 2017

Excellent course to understand the theory behind the applications of Robot motions! Loved this course! :)

By Karan D P

Oct 09, 2017

The course was well structured, involves the best mathematics required for modelling mobile robots.

By Ivan L

Mar 09, 2016

I love this course. It's useful, and really interesting!

Smithri Chopra is so kind and cute.

By Wei D

Apr 11, 2017

It is a good course. The teacher is amazing. The teacher theaches us a lot about control.

By victor a

Apr 06, 2017

Very interesting course. It pays to have some control theory and matlab background

By Tahzib M

Sep 25, 2016

Really great course for robot enthusiasts or anyone wishing to pursue robotics.