Back to The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910 by University of Virginia

This is a survey of modern history from a global perspective. Part One begins with the political and economic revolutions of the late 1700s and tracks the transformation of the world during the 1800s. Part One concludes as these bewildering changes seem to be running beyond the capacity of older institutions to handle them. Throughout the course we try to grasp what is happening and ask: Why? And the answers often turn on very human choices....

MC

Nov 06, 2018

Dear Professor,\n\nI am fascinated with week one, even though I work in the scientific side, also like history, nothing more rewarding than visiting and ancient place and know what happened... Thanks

GW

Apr 16, 2017

Such an informative course, and it linked together different regions & events; that's something only top-level sources of education does. I will no doubt continue on with the course to Part 2.

151 - 175 of 530 Reviews for The Modern World, Part One: Global History from 1760 to 1910

By Jacqueline Y

Jun 27, 2020

If only History had been taught this way at school. Its been an incredibly insightful course. I didnt realise how relevant it was to current global situations.

By Uma J

Aug 16, 2020

Am not able to do the last quiz to complete the course

can you help me?

I missed the deadline

when i try to reset the deadline it says sorry something went wrong

By HASKAR B U

Aug 07, 2020

It helped to improve the knowledge about global history from 1760 to 1910 with unique academic input from a great university and vibrant academic counsellor

By Kai H

Nov 20, 2015

The professor is very comfortable on screen, which makes it easy to listen to what he is explaining and take it all in. I'm learning a lot from this course!

By James T

Oct 26, 2016

A different approach to world history. It's not about dates and events, and not even about famous conquerors. More about social and technological trends.

By Germán K

Nov 26, 2019

Un gran análisis de la historia moderna que nos lleva a volver a verla de manera global. Muy interesante para ampliar lecturas sobre los distintos temas.

By Alex Y

Jan 20, 2020

This course went straight to the point, but did well including relevant stories, names, and even art. I greatly appreciated this course being available.

By Grazyna R

Mar 09, 2018

Very interesting course! But despite the fact that I have completed this course still I am waiting for the certificate. I hope to receive some news .

By Beth G P

Jun 27, 2016

One of the single most interesting and useful courses I've ever taken. It definitely gave me a greater context for both history and for current events.

By Jane B

Apr 03, 2020

Excellent course. Provides a wonderful and thorough road map to the modern world. The professor's friendly tone, pace and visuals enhance the learning.

By Aleksandr K

Jun 13, 2018

This course extended my knowledge of history. I have not found any political propaganda and I really enjoyed it! Week's quizzes are challenging enough.

By 孙洁琪

Mar 17, 2016

I am eager to kown what happened between 1760 to 1910,several years.as you said,I am also eager to know how those things take place,thanks this course!

By Anthony C C W

Aug 23, 2020

Great course if you are interested in history and want to have a general view of the period. The professor could not be better. I highly recommend it.

By Ahmet F G

Oct 31, 2017

Systematicly perfect and Lecturer Mr. Zelikov is a good and sympatic teacher for me. Good course! I'm really enjoying learning Modern World History.

By James G

Feb 07, 2016

Excellent insight, clearly understood broad presentation of ideas. Excellent communicator, this was by far the best course I have taken in Coursera.

By stuart s

Apr 10, 2018

Elegantly composed, clearly articulated, brilliant analysis of modern world history from a primarily political aka "diplomatic history" perspective.

By Denisse M

Oct 05, 2015

I love this course. History is my nemesis, but right now I hold my breath in every lecture and my mind winds up with thousands of questions! Thanks.

By Yu Q

Sep 14, 2020

I really feel comfortable taking this class! Learnt a lot and felt the strong intrinsic motivation to read more book!! Thank you Professor Zelikow!

By Marek S

Oct 06, 2017

Very fresh, comprehensive and compelling course. It was much more interesting to listen to professor Zelikow than learning about this at my school.

By Vanessa T W Q

Aug 21, 2019

Informative, engaging and amusing at times, terrific content!! Crash course to Modern history. I understand colonial and imperial rule better now.

By Christian W

Oct 24, 2016

Very nice global perspectives with focus on why and not what! Could be a little less material on America and more global, but still recommendable!

By Antonios K

May 26, 2016

Excellent Professor!!! Not the same old boring history course! Prof. Zelikow really digs into history and poses the fundamental question "Why?"

By Sean F

Nov 08, 2017

Offers an in depth look into our modern history and at many of the factors that got us to where we are today. Very compelling and interesting.

By María F n M

Oct 19, 2020

es un curso que nos lleva a travez de la historia de la humanidad y nos ayuda a dar una vista de adonde hemos llegado a traves de estos años

By Tavleen K B

Oct 07, 2018

Great Presentation Professor, You are a great historian and a wonderful story teller. I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Thank you so much.