Back to Multiplatform Mobile App Development with NativeScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Multiplatform Mobile App Development with NativeScript by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course focuses on developing truly cross-platform, native iOS and Android apps using NativeScript (Ver 3.x). The framework uses Angular, TypeScript or modern JavaScript to get truly native UI and performance while sharing skills and code with the web. You will learn about UI development with NativeScript UI and layout support and access the native mobile platform's capabilities from Javascript. You should have already completed the Bootstrap 4 and the Angular courses in this specialization before proceeding with this course. At the end of this course you will be able to (a) Build mobile applications targeting multiple platforms with a single codebase, (b) Leverage your Angular, TypeScript and Javascript skills, and (c) Use various features of the NativeScript framework to build truly cross-platform mobile applications...

MA

Mar 20, 2018

Awesome and well structured course contents to grasp concepts of development with Nativescript

SB

Dec 12, 2017

Great course indeed! All the concepts were discussed thoroughly and in a lucid manner.

26 - 31 of 31 Reviews for Multiplatform Mobile App Development with NativeScript

By Mohit A

Aug 04, 2019

Awesome course. But have some mistakes. But concepts are well-explained!

By Javier G H

Mar 29, 2019

There has been too much confusion with the exercises.

By Robert B R

Jun 03, 2018

My only complaint is that there seems to be a problem with getting grades for my honors assignment. I ended up switching sessions, and it looks like none of the reports I turned in are being recognized as having been graded (although I'm fairly certain I would not have been allowed to rate other reports, which I have, without my reports being completed. I've left messages in the forums and have gotten no response. Other than that, the class was great.

By Wonjin K

Jul 03, 2018

Very good course to understand hybrid app development.However, nativescript was very sensitive to the version upgrade, and current version and version used in the course was incompatible in some parts. iOS was quite unstable to see complete results compared to android.So, if I were able to choose platform to learn from the beginning, I would rather learn another technology like react native than nativescript.

By Alexey D

Dec 09, 2017

May be due to relatively new framework, this course was not the best I took during current specialization, would learn this only if I must, it give you good overview on what can be done using Native, however I would prefer to do Ionic + Cordoba just for sake of what I really need

By Sebastian C B

Sep 30, 2017

While I appreciate the intention to expose people to this framework, NativeScript doesn't seem to be a mature enough technology to be part of this specialization. There is a lot of overlap with Ionic/Cordova course, and frankly, Ionic/Cordova does everything NativeScript does and better. Lots of repetition too, where the first week of the course is practically identical among all courses of this specialization. At least this is the conclusion from going thru both courses. I highly recommend removing this course from this specialization until the framework matures enough.