Back to Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills by University of Michigan

We all negotiate on a daily basis. On a personal level, we negotiate with friends, family, landlords, car sellers and employers, among others. Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement. I hope that you will join the hundreds of thousands of learners who have made “Successful Negotiation” one of the most popular and highly-rated MOOCs worldwide. In the course, you’ll learn about and practice the four steps to a successful negotiation: (1) Prepare: Plan Your Negotiation Strategy (2) Negotiate: Use Key Tactics for Success (3) Close: Create a Contract (4) Perform and Evaluate: The End Game To successfully complete this course and improve your ability to negotiate, you’ll need to do the following: (1) Watch the short videos (ranging from 5 to 20 minutes). The videos are interactive and they include questions to test your understanding of negotiation strategy and skills. You can speed up or slow down videos to match your preferred pace for listening. Depending on your schedule, you can watch the videos over a few weeks or you can binge watch them. A learner who binge-watched the course concluded that “It’s as good as Breaking Bad.” Another learner compared the course to “House of Cards.” Both shows contain interesting examples of complex negotiations! (2) Test your negotiation skills by completing the negotiation in Module 6. You can negotiate with a local friend or use Discussions to find a partner from another part of the world. Your negotiation partner will give you feedback on your negotiation skills. To assist you with your negotiations, I have developed several free negotiating planning tools that are related to the course. These tools and a free app are available at http://negotiationplanner.com/ (3) Take the final exam. To successfully complete the course, you must answer 80% of the questions correctly. The exam is a Mastery Exam, which means that you can take it as many times as you want until you master the material. Course Certificate You have the option of earning a Course Certificate. A Certificate provides formal recognition of your achievements in the course and includes the University of Michigan logo. Learn more about Certificates at: https://learner.coursera.help/hc/en-us/articles/209819053-Get-a-Course-Certificate This course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. To join the fully translated Spanish version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacion/ To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/negociacao Subtitles for the videos are available in English, Ukrainian, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish Created by: University of Michigan The course logo composite is shared with a Creative Commons CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) license, and was created using images provided courtesy of Flazingo Photos (http://bit.ly/1zOylRm) and K2 Space (https://www.flickr.com/photos/k2space/14257556613/in/set-72157644732478432)....

AB

Mar 09, 2017

Probably the best course videos Ive come across. Professor George I believe is an amazing teacher...the way he gets the concept across to students by simple and constant examples is worth mentioning..

YT

Sep 18, 2015

This is one of the best and enlightening MOOC I have taken and I already start reaping the benefit. I encourage everyone who is serious about his/her career to consider this course!\n\nYannick Kounga

251 - 275 of 1,400 Reviews for Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills

By Kevin R W

Oct 16, 2015

Outstanding content for any profession or walk of life. I wish I would have had this course about 10 years ago!

By Jorge M P d C L

Jul 02, 2016

Outstanding.

By Ana I C P

Aug 20, 2017

Thank you, this is a very good course, I enjoyed. For me it is very practical for business issues.

By Leandro P

Feb 13, 2016

Me ha gustado mucho el curso porque realmente forma (mediante consejos, "recetas", experiencias, etc.) en los aspectos relacionados con la negociación.

By Yusuf A

Oct 08, 2015

The instructor delivers 'common sense' but vital and often overlooked insights on the aspect of negotiation. Before I finished 'week three' of the module I could see for myself that my negotiation skills have greatly improved.

This is way beyond a theoretical course.

By Abdoaljleel M A

Dec 06, 2017

very usefull course.

By Stefano M J

Jan 23, 2017

Very interesting subject with an excelent teacher .

By Iaroslav F

Dec 13, 2015

An interesting and easy-to-understand course. Gives a great overview on negotiations and some legal stuff concerning legislation.

By Swati S

Aug 07, 2015

Very detailed and helpful!

By Peter-Paul U

May 05, 2016

A good course which informs about the necessary skills

By Sandeep C K

Aug 18, 2015

Well structured with theory subject and related examples/case-studies. I 'm glad that I took this course, it makes me feel better with my negotiations but yet to test them.

By Jimmy A

Dec 20, 2015

Many exempels, Easy to understand

By Karlo P

Dec 12, 2016

This is a great cours. I recommend to people who are or "new" or "old" in any kind of business. Also this was very inspiring. Go take, what do you wait!

By Ossama Z

Jan 27, 2016

Excellent course that can be use to build up experience, I do appreciate the lecturer and material presented.

By Jonelle O

Sep 25, 2015

The tutor makes this course very interesting. I am also learning great skills. I will definitely pay to get the certificate at the end of taking the course.

By Arjumand M

Dec 11, 2015

The teacher was excellent, he was very clear and pricise. I was not to happy on the final assignment as there was no real way of knowing how well you did

By Domas J

Nov 07, 2015

This course is superb!!! I felt a deep connection with the professor while watching his videos. Thank you very much!!! If I ever live in USA I will definitely take some courses in this University

By 杨林蕾

Aug 16, 2015

Excellent!

By José E M P

Aug 30, 2015

Excellent content

By José d J D L C G

Oct 27, 2015

Excellent teacher and course. Congratulations!!!

By Mohamed O S

Jan 11, 2016

Excellent Course, This course is the way to success!

By 李昊文

Oct 24, 2015

i need to finish it and try to use what i learn in this course to my lawyers life.

By Matej R

Oct 17, 2015

Thank you!

By Andres V C

May 26, 2017

Ha sido un curso muy enriquecedor por la manera sencilla y práctica de abordar los temas, con una visión muy práctica que resulta eficiente y eficaz para ser aplicada en cualquier tipo de negociación.

By Korhan F

Sep 19, 2016

course material was very informative and also the teacher was a pro.