Back to Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator by Yale University

This course will help you be a better negotiator. Unlike many negotiation courses, we develop a framework for analyzing and shaping negotiations. This framework will allow you to make principled arguments that persuade others. It will allow you to see beneath the surface of apparent conflicts to uncover the underlying interests. You will leave the course better able to predict, interpret, and shape the behavior of those you face in competitive situations. In this course, you will have several opportunities to negotiate with other students using case studies based on common situations in business and in life. You can get feedback on your performance and compare what you did to how others approached the same scenario. The cases also provide a setting to discuss a wide-ranging set of topics including preparing for a negotiation, making ultimatums, avoiding regret, expanding the pie, and dealing with someone who has a very different perspective on the world. Advanced topics include negotiating when you have no power, negotiating over email, and the role of gender differences in negotiation. To close out the course, we will hear insights from three negotiation experts: Linda Babcock, Herb Cohen, and John McCall MacBain. Enjoy....

MN

Jun 12, 2017

I have completed over 12 courses on Coursera and this one is the best presented of them all. You can learn a lot of un-intuitive things about negotiation that will serve you well in life and business.

NK

Great course .. being an Indian Negotiation is very natural to me. It starts with street vendors in India. I would like you to upload more case studies industry based .. I loved the way you teach ...

176 - 200 of 901 Reviews for Introduction to Negotiation: A Strategic Playbook for Becoming a Principled and Persuasive Negotiator

By MARTIN O D R

Sep 03, 2018

Excellent course, really the quality was over my expectations, the material, technics, explanations. Really this was a very good course. Initially, I thought that this will be a 4 weeks course, but I was very sourprise when this is 5 weeks + 4 more tips.

By Inge V

Apr 24, 2020

Really fun and well thought out course. Workload was nice, enough to get the feeling that you need to do something in order to learn, but not too much that you are overwhelmed. Good quality content and easy to follow. I definitely recommend this course!

By Hannah V

Dec 03, 2018

Excellent course when you want to gain both theoretical insights and practical tips related to negotiating. The course is made very fun by the many videos and the practice negotiations with other people you meet through this course are very insightful.

By Subhrojeet M

If you are a beginner, like me, and want to know about negotiation then go ahead. The exciting part of this course lies in the assignments. I would advise you to take some time and indulge in solving the cases. It gives you a hands-on experience.

By Carlos T

Oct 05, 2015

Muy bueno. Los videos y las animaciones hacen que los conceptos se hagan muy amenos.

Los ejercicios prácticos ayudan a fijar todas las ideas trasmitidas y el feedback de los compañeros ayuda a mejorar las aptitudes de negociación. Muy recomendable

By Aldo B

Apr 30, 2020

Fully recommended. Very good material and well explained and in a very interesting way that makes you want to learn more. This course definitively meets the expectation of being an introduction to negotiation, covering a broad number of topics.

By Shishir

Apr 18, 2017

Great course. Absolutely loved it. Thanks to Barry and Coursera for facilitating this. The approach was simple and interesting. The course has be instructed in a creative and easy to understand manner. The course material is very much superior.

By Lia S

Apr 06, 2017

Looking forward for continuing course. I hope for it since its just Introduction. Some part was hard due mathematics approach and need to be reviewed again for better understanding. But I like this course and it helps me to train english btw(

By Rachad K

Mar 13, 2017

A great course presented in a very creative way.

I love how Pr.Nalebuff introduced many contents as videos, comments, stories, etc...

The exams and homework surely helps get all the information in mind.

Thank you for the course Barry & Yale!

By Isaac O

Oct 21, 2019

It was an incredible experience. Prof. Nalebuff was awesome in his instructions. Herb Cohen, I will never forget his name because of the impact his rich experience had on my thinking in this course. I recommend this course for every leader.

By kimkhanh

Jun 04, 2020

I have completed this course after a long time resting. This course is phenomena and exciting. The question in this course shows the intelligence and well known knowledge of the professor. Thanks you so much. I appreciate you from my heart

By Esteban O

May 07, 2020

Great course! Barry Nalebuff is not only a tried and tested entrepreneur, but also a great teacher. Everything taught builds on top of itself and is the professor is able to break down these concepts in a way that everybody can understand.

By Tzur V

Jan 19, 2020

The best one so far and really out of my comfort zone. The mandatory interaction with other students teaches a lot. You can identify students that tried to report without really negotiating after doing the negotiations exercises yourself .

By Oleksandra

Dec 21, 2015

This course is very helpful. I enjoyed doing all the negotiation assignments with the fellow students. I think there could be even more of those because the most important part of becoming a better negotiator is practice practice practice!

By Alexandre L B

Jul 03, 2020

Negotiation is not only about the added value of the individual ingredients to make the pie, it's how you cook it and divide it. This is a must course in life, to live with no regrets on your past decision and anticipate your futurs ones.

By TAMMY G

Jun 25, 2020

I ended up learning so many things to help me in everyday life that it did not matter that I took the course thinking it was something else completely. It was easy to follow along, and the videos were short enough to keep your attention.

By Philipp H

Jun 06, 2020

Weeks 1 to 5 are absolutely excellent. I liked the structure: It really helped providing the theoretical fundation first and establishing principles. And then doing the actual negotiations in week 3, 4 and 5. I definitely learned a lot.

By Marya D

Dec 13, 2017

I highly recommend this course to everyone - regardless of what your role is, what your career path looks like, this is a great course to really understand how to effectively communicate with others and negotiate anything and everything.

By Vlasiuk O

Jul 13, 2020

Very nice course, sometimes is difficult due to lots of maths. After you will receive certificate, continue learning, there is more practical and interesting insights ahead! Thank you fir the humour and good examples and infographics!

By Satish K B

Apr 23, 2020

Excellent course having both content and presentation. I recommend every professional irrespective of the verticle or company he or she works for should go for this course. It is one of the best courses I have learned during my life.

By Hajar L

I learned how to be persuasive, how to calculate the amount that we want to go for, and know what is the least we cas accept of selling or Buying. So muchs tools that we can use in our bussines work and also in our everyday matters.

By Amanda T

Apr 19, 2020

This was my first course through this program and I really enjoyed the instructor and the graphics used. It pushed me out of my comfort zone to connect with people from around the world, but that was very valuable. It was excellent!

By MARIIA B

Dec 17, 2018

I greatly enjoyed this course. First one to finish on the Coursera and huge success! All the recommended readings and extra assignments were fun and interesting, and helped to get a taste of what negotiations are about. Thank you!

By Meraj A F

Sep 09, 2018

This is an amazing course that will change the way you think and operate. The key words here are "Principled and Persuasive" which means that you can get what you want without becoming a used car salesmen :) . Highly Recommended!!

By Julia F

Apr 09, 2020

I think this course is great to get started on negotiation. It is full of quality and engaging content.

The professor is also very good, the way he teaches makes you feel that the time you spend doing the course is well invested.