Back to Network Protocols and Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Network Protocols and Architecture by Cisco

Welcome to the second of five courses in the Cisco Networking Basics Specialization. Have ever wondered how devices on computer networks truly communicate? There are specific protocols or rules and standards that every device must follow to access the Internet and to communicate over a network. In this course, you will examine the principles of network communication, how networks are designed and what specifically is being sent and received by different devices when we send pictures, text messages, video or any other data across the network. What exactly is sent and how is it sent are the questions that will be answered in this course. At the end of this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain how protocols and standards benefit a global internetwork. 2. Describe how the Ethernet Protocol transmits data within a LAN. 3. Explain IPv4 addressing and the role subnet masks. 4. Use Cisco Packet Tracer to connect hosts to a wireless router in a LAN. 5. Use a protocol analyzer or "packet sniffer" to open and examine a data packet that has been transmitted across a network. 6. Examine a Windows computer to locate the physical or MAC address used send and receive data....

SO

Apr 27, 2020

my only comment is that I felt the peer review assignment questions could have been clearer as really there are a number of possible answers to why did you pick a particular private ip range.

TA

Jan 06, 2019

A really useful course for beginners. Great content and practice materials. This course would probably enable you to install or troubleshoot your own home network, either wired or wireless!!

26 - 50 of 201 Reviews for Network Protocols and Architecture

By Iragavarapu K

Jun 09, 2018

The course was really good the materials that were provided were sufficient enough and the assisgnments were realy good , one can easily learn by doing them and from knowing ones mistake

By Elsa P

Oct 07, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. It suits beginners and explains everything well. The quizes help to make sure that you are following the material and understand things before moving on.

By UJJWAL K

Feb 27, 2018

After doing this course its guaranteed that you will understand TCP/IP, OSI, ETHERNET, MAC, ROUTERS and subnets. A great course by CISCO and thanks to Coursera for providing this.

By sameer k

Apr 15, 2020

This is really a very good Course to gain good knowledge in Network Domain. I am motivated with the Lab assignments , Lab quiz and PT practices.

Looking forward to learn more.

By Ibrahim M

Jun 19, 2018

Very good and practical course, it has deepened my knowledge in networking in a well-organized way.Instructors are also excellent in explaining the concepts step by step.

By Lucky M

May 14, 2020

This course is very interesting, I had some basic knowledge on networking. Cisco gave me the best skills. Right now I'm doing thing not as before. The best course here

By Nbras J A A

Feb 21, 2018

I would like to thank all those who contributed to this course. This wonderful success is because of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

نبراس جابر

NBRAS JABER

By RAJDEEP S

Jul 10, 2019

It is a very good course and all the aspiring networking engineers should definitey do this to understand the networking domain both theoretically and practically

By Scott P D

Dec 29, 2017

Excellent class for into to networking concepts. Learned how routing actually happens, what address is used when and what things like the subnet mask actually do.

By Krutarth R K

Nov 06, 2019

The course is really good. Instructors are very prompt and also they keep in mind that English is not everyone's first language. So don't worry, just enroll.

By Shams U D

Apr 02, 2019

This course was really informative and skillful for me. I am very thankful to my Instructor and the whole team working in Cisco networking academy

By Larry D A

Dec 21, 2019

An excellent introduction to network protocols and architecture! I learned a lot and the course content was just right in volume and complexity.

By PRACHI N P

Aug 08, 2019

good course. domain knowledge of guide is very effective. anyone can gain good knowledge from there course.

By Eric M H

Mar 09, 2019

Very good course; it is an applied course, where we use different tools, and Cisco Packet Tracer simulator.

By Bibhupad T

May 10, 2019

Organised and precise!. I recommend you to take this course for a clear understanding of computer networks

By Edson B e S

Nov 13, 2019

Great content, for both people who will manage large networks and or home and small business networks.

By MIHOUBI M

May 07, 2020

it is very fruitful and benefit courses

i recommend that formation

thanks a lot for this opportunity

By Umid R

Nov 16, 2019

I loved this course. Good content, great way of presentation. Definitely worth to take this course.

By Vippu S K

Jul 13, 2019

It was really great I loved the way they have framed each theory the videos of lectures were good.

By Sipai S N

Jun 01, 2019

Excellent course. It helped me a lot to clear my basic doubts about IPv4 addressing and networks.

By Omoloma B B

Aug 19, 2018

I am very happy to have done this course because it was very informative and practical. thank you

By Amit K

Feb 17, 2020

I am learn the in course how to assign ip and ping two or more pc and communicate to each other

By Saurabh K

Dec 17, 2018

Very detailed and elegantly planned course. The speed and style of teaching couldn't be better.

By Ram K K

Jan 28, 2018

Great Explanation with example to understand how things are work in networking for beginners

By Noor H

Mar 01, 2020

I have Learned this course, it is very intersted and lectures are very good and simplified.