Back to Neural Networks and Deep Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Neural Networks and Deep Learning by deeplearning.ai

If you want to break into cutting-edge AI, this course will help you do so. Deep learning engineers are highly sought after, and mastering deep learning will give you numerous new career opportunities. Deep learning is also a new "superpower" that will let you build AI systems that just weren't possible a few years ago. In this course, you will learn the foundations of deep learning. When you finish this class, you will: - Understand the major technology trends driving Deep Learning - Be able to build, train and apply fully connected deep neural networks - Know how to implement efficient (vectorized) neural networks - Understand the key parameters in a neural network's architecture This course also teaches you how Deep Learning actually works, rather than presenting only a cursory or surface-level description. So after completing it, you will be able to apply deep learning to a your own applications. If you are looking for a job in AI, after this course you will also be able to answer basic interview questions. This is the first course of the Deep Learning Specialization....

XL

Aug 27, 2017

This is a very good course for people who want to get started with neural networks. Andrew did a great job explaining the math behind the scenes. Assignments are well-designed too. Highly recommended.

SK

Aug 30, 2018

Nothing can get better than this course from Professor Andrew Ng. A must for every Data science enthusiast. Gets you up to speed right from the fundamentals. Thanks a lot for Prof Andrew and his team.

10901 - 10925 of 11,199 Reviews for Neural Networks and Deep Learning

By Alejo C

Jun 11, 2019

The content itself is great. You really get a good grasp of the concepts for neural networks and how to configure them. The quizzes offer a good level of challenge. However, the programming exercises should provide a little more knowledge check. They consist of mainly adding a line of code or two and you are being told what to add and the real challenge comes from remembering some parameters that you need to set for numpy to do what you are expecting.

By Manas N

Jun 20, 2019

I dont like like to work on jupiter interface

By Muhammad U

Jun 20, 2019

Really good course with explanation of Andre Ng and nice practical examples

By Elshaddhai A

Great course thanks to coursera and Dr Andrew Ng

By Kushagra D

Jun 19, 2019

Although I had made deep-learning models before by using libraries like keras. I was quite under confident as I didn't have my basics strong. All I was doing was copy-pasting codes to implement those models and just using some functions. But now this course had made my basics strong so that I can implement my neural network from scratch

By Dr R T

Jun 20, 2019

It was an excellent learning experience. The support of Mentors (Paul T Mielke) was immense. The last assignment should have the two tasks in separate notebooks.

By Martin P

Jun 22, 2019

Useful basic introduction to Neural Networks.

By Philipp H

Jun 22, 2019

Gives you a better understanding of how NN work than just using keras or tensorflow.

By Brad J

Jun 23, 2019

Great coverage of material, great explanations, course is well put together and relatively straightforward to follow through. Understanding higher level math like calculus and linear algebra was super helpful but you can probably survive without it. I wish there wasn't such a gap between theory discussion in the videos and coding application in the assignments. I want to see programming done in the videos with discussion of what steps are being taken and why, what alternatives there are and why they weren't chosen, etc. This is a common experience I've had in academia; 'here's all this fundamental knowledge, now go figure out how to apply it yourself'. Sometimes that in between step is crucial to having something 'click'.

By Robert M C

Jun 21, 2019

Great course. Gives you a ground-up understanding of how feed-forward neural networks work, basic theory, and best practices for implementation. I wish the assignments were a bit less scripted and a bit more demanding- as is, some of the assignments are just copying and pasting code that's already been written for us, and it's easy to just paste without thinking too deeply.

By Sanjeevan S

Excellent :)

By Cheng H C

Jun 26, 2019

Very informative and provides an intuitive sense of how things work.

By Ritam S

Jun 26, 2019

Really good but can be better compared to MIT courses in EDx

By Harshit S

Jun 25, 2019

Good to get started with

By Shahar K

Jun 27, 2019

This is a great intro to deep learning. After going through a few "welcome" courses I have found this to be the most useful. it is not too technical, and Andrew gives you all the math you need. As I am not too afraid from calculus I expanded a bit on my own notebook. The exercises are leading you very easily into building deep learning networks step by step, and were limited a bit as they force you to write the code as the staff meant you too.

By Davide M

Jul 01, 2019

The course covers pretty well the basics of neural networks and deep learning, allowing you to implement a model from scratch in python. It is not among the most challenging MOOCs I've ever done, but it is good as a first step toward further studies.

By Justin S

Jul 01, 2019

Great Course. Very good introduction to the topic and great Jupyter Notebooks. The only complaint is that I would have liked a little more in depth math on backward propagation.

By Sruti M

Jun 28, 2019

I wish we had to write our codes from scratch instead of structured by the course instructors. It would help me to learn how to optimize my code. Maybe in future, you will allow an option for advanced students to try their hands in writing the codes by themselves.

By JETTIBOINA V N D S R P

Jun 29, 2019

Content was delivered in an excellent way

By SUNIL D

Jun 29, 2019

Very Good Training Material , Video by Andrew NG & Step by Step Programming Exercises .

Complex Subject is made easier to understand !

By Gonçalo A

Jun 29, 2019

Great videos by Prof. Ng, as always. A bit too repetitive at times, but I guess that might also be good for the concepts to really sink in.

By Oly S

Jun 30, 2019

Really clearly-explained content and a truly excellent interface, both for the lectures and the exercises and quizzes. The coding exercises do 'hold your hand' quite a bit, but I guess this is somewhat unavoidable when using automated marking.

I look forward to the other courses of the specialisation!

By Bang L

Jun 30, 2019

generatlly i really like the structure of this course. As i applied for financial support and got it luckily. I really care about my programming in details. After finishing this course, i would like to say that i got basically idea of deep learning. How is the structure.

However, i found this whole programming still little chaotics. I don mean the structure is not good, but the notebook always make me forget or confused since too much words on the website.

anyway , thanks for providing such a good course !

By Priyam G

Jul 04, 2019

Great course! Helped me understand the fundamentals of Deep Learning clearly

By Arunava C

Jul 04, 2019

The overall course was quite good , especially the way Dr Ng worked through linear algebra and the calculus fundamentals core to the NN architecture and performance. The python notebooks were also very useful . One suggestion would be to provide a bit more background behind some of the python modules and libraries that are being used to the support the programs and calling them from one notebook to another.