Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

LD

Dec 19, 2016

Dr. Peggy Mason creates a viable way to understand neurobiology. Although the material is very challenging, her teaching style keeps one focused and interested. I highly recommend this course.

126 - 150 of 352 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Claudia T

Jun 25, 2019

What an amazing way to explain the nervous system, its development, and functions of each of the components.

I am following in love with the subject.

Claudia

By Elif E

Jun 13, 2019

As a molecular biologist who is interested in neurosciences, I have learnt a great deal from Prof. Mason. She really is a neuro-chauvinist (in a good way)!

By Rohit P

Jan 21, 2020

I loved it. Learnt so much. Hope i return to humanity something valuable from what i learnt here. Prof. Peggy is an adorable tutor. Thanks for everything!

By Jimena J C

Apr 04, 2018

149/5000

The best for people interested in learning the basics of neurobiology, the best teacher, thank you very much for allowing me to learn with you!

By Simon F

Sep 21, 2017

Professor Mason has prepared the course in a very systematic manner and presented the subject in a way that makes it easy to understand and to follow.

By Donna S

Nov 23, 2016

Masterful teaching. This professor (Peggy Mason) takes complex information and lays it out in a clear, coherent and highly engaging way. Thank you!

By Попеску Л

Sep 30, 2017

Examples on real brain and the narrative style of the professor made this course the best course I ever attended on coursera.org! Big Thank You!

By Dorothy H

Nov 16, 2016

Easy to understand, and a pleasure to watch and listen to. This is a fabulous course to take before taking Duke's medical neuroscience course.

By Adriana B

Feb 07, 2020

Excellent job Dr. Mason! Your love and passion of neurobiology really shows in your teaching. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Krista H

May 05, 2017

I really loved the content and the way it was presented. Perfect starter into this world or refresher if you are familiar with the language.

By Amit A

Jan 28, 2020

Professor Peggy Mason is a great teacher. Her passion for the subject is very evident in all her lectures. I was sad when the course ended.

By Kate L

This course helps me to have better understanding somebody has illness and have more sympathy/ empathy for others with scientific reasons.

By Yıldız D P

The topic is interesting enough, but Ms. Peggy Mason's personality and teaching style definitely makes 10 weeks fly by. All thanks to her.

By Morgan S

I very much appreciated the amount of detail Professor Mason put into her videos. I also loved how much of her personality came through.

By Zoltán G

Dec 28, 2019

If you want to learn the most advanced technology on Earth, this course is for you. Peggy is super teacher, great fun learning from her.

By Liz

Jul 21, 2017

Excellent! Everyone should take this course. I have a greater understanding of how our brain works and why we do things the way we do!

By Karla P Q

Apr 09, 2019

beautiful and the teacher is really cool, smart and kind!! I really enjoyed learn!! Thank you!! I now I follow you in twitter! Awesome!

By Marcus V G

Aug 30, 2018

Excelent, the teacher explain with love, unbelieveble speak 7 to 10 minutes max., per block, but a lot of contents, i bought his book

By Yuqing H

Jul 02, 2017

It's really amazing to view neurobiology through the case analysis of everyday life! I really like the course and the way it is taught!

By Daniel T

Nov 18, 2018

Great course! Exactly what I need in my professional activity! Direct, clear and to-the-point concepts and explanations! Thank you!

By Du P

Feb 16, 2020

Incredibly fun and extremely informative. I want to thank the lecturer and people behind the scene for their extraordinary effort.

By Julia

Nov 26, 2017

This course is very useful for me. The information is understandable, interesting and interactive given. Thank you very much!!!!

By Joanne S

Jan 11, 2017

Fantastic course. Prof Mason is terrific - perfect balance of theory and narrative; science and empathy. Really enjoyed that!

By Virginia N

Apr 23, 2020

This class has helped in my current work and gave me an understand what my father in-law was dealing with having Alzheimer's

By Carliati B

May 01, 2019

Terrific course. Professor Peggy Mason was a fabulous teacher and made learning fun. Thank you Professor Mason and Coursera.