Back to Introduction to Neuroeconomics: How the Brain Makes Decisions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Neuroeconomics: How the Brain Makes Decisions by HSE University

Economics, psychology, and neuroscience are converging today into a unified discipline of Neuroeconomics with the ultimate aim of creating a single, general theory of human decision-making. Neuroeconomics provides biologists, economists, psychologists and social scientists with a deeper understanding of how they make their own decisions and how others decide. Neuroscience, when allied with psychology and economics, creates powerful new models to explain why we make decisions. Neurobiological mechanisms of decision-making, decisions under risk, trust and cooperation will be central issues in this course. You will be provided with the most recent evidence from brain-imaging techniques (fMRI, TMS, etc.) and introduced to the explanatory models behind them. The course does not require any prior study of economics and neuroscience; however, it might require you to study novel interdisciplinary materials. The course provides an introduction to the methodology, assumptions, and main findings of Neuroeconomics. Our students have different backgrounds; therefore, I have adapted and simplified the course to allow all students to understand the interdisciplinary content. This course will help you to start your progress in the field of Neuroeconomics and to further develop your skills during other more advanced courses and trainings in the future. For some topics, the course will also provide supplementary videos to reveal the opinions of leading experts in the field. Each module provides optional reading material. The course structure is as follows: During each video, you will have to answer some relevant questions. Your answers will not affect your final grade. At the end of each module, you must complete a quiz consisting of 15 questions. To pass the course, you must reach a satisfactory standard in all the course modules by completing all graded quizzes and the final exam. In addition to watching video lectures and taking quizzes, you will receive an invitation to join our forum. We plan to join the discussions in the forum on a weekly basis. Welcome to Neuroeconomics World! Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

DA
Feb 11, 2017

Very interesting stuff :) I couldn't wait to get started with new lessons. Would love to see a follow up course discussing more advance and complex neuroeconomics papers in the future.

Jan 28, 2016

fantastic new topic. Despite his accent, Professor Klucharov has taught this difficult topic very nicely.\n\nEnjoyed every moment of it and learnt so much despite being a Neurologist.

51 - 75 of 297 Reviews for Introduction to Neuroeconomics: How the Brain Makes Decisions

By RA H

Apr 11, 2018

Great course. Highly recommended. The way it explains our behavior during decision making, perception and related processes through neurological basis is remarkable. Plenty of examples enough to easy understand the topics.

By Khem R

Oct 27, 2015

I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to understand Neuroeconimics. Don't be intimidated by the subject, topics are well explained and are easy enough to understand for anyone with not a whole lot of background.

By Stefano C

Nov 12, 2015

Very interesting course and very competent professor with high teaching abilities.

The only shortage were the subtitles that, most of the times, were completely wrong and confusing.

They didn’t match the professor’s speech

By Geoffrey S

Jan 11, 2016

Excellent introductory course that I enjoyed a lot. Level was good - some was easy, some requested some more intense focus. Especially the terminology and the names of all the brain regions ;-)

Geoffrey (The Netherlands)

By MARIUS F

Oct 24, 2016

Great course! It's a new way to see at a glance our brain and the connection inside of it.

Definitely, I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn something surprising = Neuroeconomics

Thank you prof. Vasily Klucharev!

By Pavel R

May 4, 2017

This is completely full view on current stage of the Neuroeconomics - from zero level of neurons actions up to social behavior of humans and groups. Many thanks to Vasiliy for his efforts to present this course here

By Roman Z

Es un curso que me a ayudado mucho a comprender la psicología detrás de las compras y las decisiones, simplemente este curso a reafirmar el conocimiento del aparato psíquico, sus funciones y cómo funciona este.

By Wai S H

Dec 15, 2016

Good course. I learn many things about the human bias on decision making from neuroscience and evolution point of view. Especially the relation of Prospect Theory and the neuroscience and its related br

By Luiggi R

Sep 25, 2019

Excelent. A well structured course with a huge quantity of information. The videos have been made with a high quality. The homewrok tests are challenging and the learning experience is marvelous.

By Oguzhan O

Apr 28, 2020

Wonderful, thank you for this amazing journey. Very well-structured, completely interesting materials, challenging tasks and questions. I really really appreciate your efforts! Best regards

By Diya A

Feb 12, 2017

By Jaime R

Apr 12, 2018

The best Neuroscience course out there for those focused on the frontal cortex and decision science. Great use of scientific evidence to illustrate what we know and what we don't know

By Joe B

Feb 3, 2020

I enjoyed learning some of the basics of neuroeconomics. It is an interesting subject. The content was very detailed. The website was very easy to use and organized well. Thank you.

By Валерия М

Nov 16, 2017

Very interesting course and a very professional lecturer! Thank you for broadening my knowledge! However, I don't really see how we can apply this information to real life practices.

By Renee O

Jan 1, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. Therected were repetitions but I think that goes hand in hand with learning. The statistics were questionable but so is everything in Neuroscience :D

By Gessica T

Aug 9, 2019

Such a great course! I hope that in the future will be new courses or even a Degree with Coursera.org regarding this amazing field called Neuroeconomics. I Ve really enjoyed it!

By Artem S

Dec 27, 2015

This is the great course!

These knowledges are very helpful and interesting. I really admire Neuroeconomic!Who knows,maybe I'll become a scientist in this area.)

Thank you!

By Robert T

Apr 3, 2017

This is one of the first courses I took at Coursera and I enjoyed it far more than I expected. It was long but some of the longer courses are the best ones. Inspiring.

By Richard W

May 7, 2017

Really fun approach to how people make decisions from an encompassing point of view. I will continue to do research and keep learning by taking more advanced classes

By Vaidyanathan V

Jun 3, 2017

It has inspired me to take a few major decisions in my life. The basic questions were well answered and the excitement of the future scope was well communicated.

By Steve A

Oct 16, 2016

Excellent introduction to various aspects of decision making. Course points to specific experiments and researchers so it provides a basis for further learning.

By Luis D M V

Aug 18, 2016

This amazing course have influenced my way of thinking. After these nine weeks I am convinced that the neuroeconomics approach is the best to work on mi thesis

By Jason M C

May 31, 2016

The lectures can be a bit dry, but this is a wonderfully fascinating subject, and well worth the time to explore if you're at all interested in human behavior!

By Priyanka S

Jun 27, 2016

Well spoken professor, fair quizzes, and very interesting material. Will help me understand how to work with patients in a Physical Therapist setting better

By Jason C

Mar 8, 2019

This course was very informative. I enjoyed learning a lot about decision making and the brain. I'm interested in exploring this field in greater detail.