Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

301 - 325 of 887 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Rajendra A K

Feb 19, 2016

Awesome course

By Konstantin P

Feb 21, 2016

Enroll this course if you intend to become a programmer and need fundamental knowledge in Object Oriented Programming. Here you can study the subject and apply new things in a real curious project.

By SAYAN D

Dec 12, 2016

A great thanks to coursera and the instructors for building this course.. It made me fall in love with JAVA.

By Shalagatskyi V

Nov 19, 2015

Always wanted to be a softawe developper, this course is very informative for the beginners. Many thanks to teachers of this course!

By Weng J

Oct 08, 2015

It explain knowledge in simple and concise ways. The programming project after each lesson is interesting, challenging but not too hard to solve. 5 star course! 3 teachers are all awesome. Mia is amazing!!

By Vishav V K

May 22, 2017

Very good course and extremely well designed lectures

By Linwei Z

Dec 28, 2015

Very intuitive! Easy to understand! Good!

By Qian H

Oct 16, 2015

Great lesson and interesting!

By Yusuf O

Sep 19, 2015

Thanks a lot to all of the team of this Course University of California San Diego, The Professors Christine, Leo and Mia for their efforts and Style of teaching , and Coursera for the Platform

By Eduardo D

Dec 22, 2015

Muito bem.

Ensina Java profundamente. Você aprende muito.

Muito obrigado aos professores.

By Jessica H

Mar 31, 2016

I have learned quite a bit on thinking about code. Memory models especially was a new concept for me. Now I can take that skill and apply to bigger projects if I want to run through and understand that better. I also like that we can watch students talking over the code. Awesome course and great personable teachers.

By Cesar

Sep 19, 2015

Perfect, I've learned a lot since Week 1, It's a very interactive course and the teachers are very clear with explanations. I am in week 3 now and wow, my knowledge has been drastically increased. Note that I am tester trying the other side of the coin. Thanks for the Course UCSD!

By Mishchuk S

Oct 14, 2016

very helpful

By George N

Aug 09, 2016

Thanks for this course, I never thought that Java programming would be so easy and clear to understand.

By Yabo L

Oct 09, 2015

well organized, interesting assignments and great interactivity between the instructors and the students.

By Kumar A

Jun 06, 2018

Course is awsome, but due to financial issues not completed 1st week till :(

By Seth H

Apr 14, 2016

Interesting project, great pacing. The lectures are well designed and presented. The additional videos (quick interviews with industry vets, students figuring out a selection of code) are useful to reinforce understanding. Most of the knowledge here transfers smoothly (with syntax adjustments) to other languages and stacks, such as C#.

By Javier V

Nov 05, 2015

Good explanations, easy examples and easy to follow

By waled

Dec 27, 2016

very good information and very useful content.

By Mare S

Jul 07, 2016

Really excellent thorough explanations and great examples. This course filled in some holes in my understanding about the fundamentals of the language.

By Ibrahim S E

Feb 06, 2016

I really enjoyed taking this course, very elegant style of teaching with such a nice hands-on project.

By Windesson

Feb 14, 2016

Love this course, the quality of this course is far beyond to what my current online master degree offers.

By GUO C

Jan 23, 2016

Perfect course!

By Joao A

Mar 12, 2016

Very good series for learning Java and OO Principles. The big application approach is very interesting as we can see the whole picture even when we know little yet. The interviews with software engineers are very enlightening.

By Prathamesh R