Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

301 - 325 of 892 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Jean-Baptiste B

Dec 01, 2017

Really well explained course on Java OOP concepts.

By Gilson M d S

G

By Mehul R

Feb 29, 2016

Loved it .

Best MOOC specialization i have attended.

Thanks a lot!!!

By Ardi G

Feb 18, 2016

Nice explanation of inheritance & consctructors

By Rachel J

Mar 06, 2016

I loved that we went over basic algorithms. Most beginner classes don't do that.

By Billman

Oct 27, 2015

Great course! The activities were nice, and challenging. The instructors did a good job of explaining things in diverse ways.

By Eric B C C

Very good Fundamentals

By Pratyushotpal M

Feb 08, 2016

Awesome course.

Assignments are fun and I got a lot of things to learn.

I was good in Java before starting the course, but still learned a lot.

By Turdaliev N K

Dec 14, 2015

Great course.

By Leonel S A S

Feb 16, 2016

This is a well thought and made course. I reccomend it to any programmer or data scientist out there!

By danilo m

Jan 22, 2016

This course is an opportunity to learn how to use objects and clearly understand the purpose of its use.

Provides the necessary tools for programming with the best practices.

By Matthew M L

Dec 14, 2017

great refresher in Java with many new challenges

By Henoke K S

Jan 08, 2016

Blown away by this course. Hands down the best I've taken on Coursera and in the running for best course ever. The manner in which the professors taught and tested us through the Concept challanges really clicked with me. Kind of wish I went here for undergrad. UC San Diego courses haven't dissapointed me so far. I am really excited for the next one in the specialization.

By Mohammed Z A

Sep 17, 2015

Wonderful Course for would-be Data Scientist

By Mohammed H

Feb 07, 2016

Very Good Course. The Programming Assignment were a bit challenging. It first looked all alien but the Instructions were very helpful and I enjoyed a lot while doing it. This is the best course I have taken up on Coursera and for that matter any online course.It was very interactive. Thank you Coursera. Keep it up

By Swati A

Feb 09, 2016

Excellent Course

By Olivio M

Apr 09, 2016

This course is just awesome. A tough one for beginners, but the effort really pay off.

By Eduardo S P

Feb 22, 2016

A very good course with a direct application in an interesting and engaging project. The video lectures are well structured and lots of additional information is provided. I would recommend this course to all java beginners.

By Marcelo K Y

May 14, 2018

In this course, I could consolidate the concepts of inheritance and polymorphism. The theory part was focused and concise, and the main important points had clear explanations and examples. I also enjoyed the programming part, which linked the theory with a very interesting feature to monitore earthquakes.