Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

226 - 250 of 883 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Amit V

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent approach to teaching Java; i loved the hands on, concept challenges and modules at the end of each course. I wish my professors in university were 1/2 as good as them.

By Jose L C H

Jun 16, 2016

Very good Fundamentals

By Kevin P

Oct 27, 2015

Excellent. Look forward to the others.

By 江浩森

Mar 21, 2016

学到很多,很棒的课程!

By Manuel E

Jun 12, 2016

I learn a lot about Java and object oriented programming. I enjoyed the course.

By Oliver A R D

Sep 13, 2017

Very good

By Allen W

Jul 04, 2016

It seems great!

By Hadeel S

Aug 22, 2017

Excellent course with wonderful teachers. I like the way of the teaching and they answered a lot of questions that were stuck in my mind. Also, the project was interesting. Really, thank you all for this great effort.

By Jianhao C

Aug 04, 2017

Very good lesson. Recommend to all new learners of data structure.

By Pranjal K

Aug 18, 2017

This is one of the best courses in Java. I was a complete novice before this course. Now i feel like i have got the feel for programming.

By Amit M

Oct 10, 2015

Application based approach of learning Java. Awesome!!

By Jianmo N

Jan 26, 2016

really explicit and easy to follow up, nice preparation and nice content.

By Lianqiang M

Feb 15, 2016

This is a great course. This is the first time I learnt an online course, which has so many advantages against traditional classroom instructions.

By David S F G

May 04, 2017

Great course for reviewing the Java programming language. It´s challenging enough for someone who has previous knowledge of programming and Java so it can serve as a way of evaluating your knowledge and further it a bit more.

By Yasir

Oct 05, 2015

Every one should take this course

By Nicholas L

Apr 23, 2017

Great class overall. I found the week on inheritance to be especially good. Very clear explanations, examples, and illustrations which is so important in a fundamental CS class like this.

By ASHUTOSH T

Jul 18, 2017

Good course . Nice project oriented approach to teach the concepts .

By Anil N

Sep 21, 2015

Give lots of information to Beginner Level users.

By 陈磊磊

Dec 13, 2015

awesome, benefits me a lot

By Giri

Oct 20, 2015

good course to start learning java with OOPS

By Leonid M

Jan 10, 2016

Nice course. But peer assignment/reviews takes much more time than estimated 30 minutes.

By Ravi A

Nov 15, 2015

I have learned a lot. But i have always been falling back in he course because i am a working.just struggling a lot to be on the Deadline, and that's what keeps me pretty involved and enthusiast and dynamic.

!!! .....Thanks A ton.............$$$$...............!!!

By M M Z

Mar 07, 2016

Excellent course, highly recommended for all my friends

By Aminu A

May 25, 2016

awesome!

By Pranay S S

Feb 21, 2016

A very comprehensive course, that digs deep into the intricate details of Java - for beginners. Although the third module was challenging and had scope of improvement by explaining briefly what all the objects and methods meant, I managed to comprehend it.