Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

226 - 250 of 887 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Sudip

Jan 31, 2016

l

By Gopi K S

Sep 29, 2016

Very good course with very good explanation of concepts.

By Ivan L

Apr 14, 2016

best corse in java

By waled

Dec 27, 2016

very good information and very useful content.

By Mare S

Jul 07, 2016

Really excellent thorough explanations and great examples. This course filled in some holes in my understanding about the fundamentals of the language.

By Arunesh P

Feb 17, 2017

Best course to learn object oriented programming

By Ibrahim S E

Feb 06, 2016

I really enjoyed taking this course, very elegant style of teaching with such a nice hands-on project.

By rahul k s

Feb 28, 2016

tutorials are just awesome..:)

By Hamidreza G

Mar 12, 2016

Great

By Roberto Z

Oct 21, 2015

Pefrect course for beginners like myself. Everything was really well explained but not too slow either, the way things were presented was easy to follow, but also interesting; touching subjects close to real life problems we might encounter. Last, but not the least (on contrary), lecturers were really easy to listen, they explained everything well, but the feeling wasn't too strict or overly professional. It was a joy. :)

By ankit k

Jan 14, 2016

very helpful

By Jonathas d S T

Mar 16, 2016

Excelete! Muito didático e tem aulas bem explicadas, além das suppot classes que ajudam muito também, recomendo!

By Cinzano

Dec 12, 2015

Great course.

By Deepanshu L

May 09, 2016

good for understanding. Challenges are awesome.

By Konstantin

Jan 12, 2016

Christine, Mia and Leo - you are absolutely fantastic!

To convey programming concepts with such enthusiasm, dedication and professionalism! The course is well designed and planned. The assignments are very interesting and actual. I would definitely recommend this course in my professional circles and to my friends.

Thank you very much!

In pleasurable anticipation of your next course. Thank you.

By Bram V S

Jan 27, 2016

Very Nice Course thx

By Philomath I

Oct 02, 2016

Great introduction to Java and OOP!

By Peining C

Apr 09, 2016

Very clear and helpful. So far I love this course!

By Mir F M

Feb 28, 2016

Thank you!

By Sudharaka P

Dec 03, 2015

I loved this course and I believe I gained some valuable skills and knowledge by taking the course.

By Rudolf P

Nov 01, 2015

Excellent Course for JAVA novices.

By Rolando J A A

Jul 09, 2018

I am glad I took this course. I enjoyed it. Very well accomplished/designed learning experience.

By Sunil K

Dec 07, 2015

This course is good for any range of students from novice to experienced programmers .

By yini L

Jan 09, 2016

very helpful~~~~

By Gaganjot S

May 01, 2016

Must-take object-oriented programming course for intermediate programmers.