Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB
Oct 12, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR
Oct 13, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

126 - 150 of 1,214 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Iliass A

May 2, 2020

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP and GUI. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java.

By Michael B

Nov 6, 2015

Very good "introduction" to Java programming. It definitely helps to be familiar with Java already and one should really be able to "read" code and deduce what it does in order to do well on the quizzes.

By Dixon B

Oct 13, 2017

By Labib M R

Oct 14, 2015

By Abito P

Jul 2, 2020

The challenges were interesting and thought provoking. The concept challenges are very helpful. Hearing different line of thoughts to a question helps to understand how much we grasped a concept

By Ogbonna C E

Aug 6, 2017

This course made me understand java concepts in an easy way, and made me realize certain internal workings in Java I haven't seen elsewhere. I love their method/process of tutoring. Awesome job!

By Jeffrey L

Jan 10, 2016

Outstanding course. It's readily apparent that the course developers put a lot of thought and effort into this course. The mapping example that was used throughout the course was a good choice.

By Mohamed M

Feb 17, 2019

This course is really amazing, and the instructors help you out along the way. The concepts and the programming assignments are engaging. Thanks for the USCD CS team for compiling this course.

By Yusuf O

Sep 19, 2015

Thanks a lot to all of the team of this Course University of California San Diego, The Professors Christine, Leo and Mia for their efforts and Style of teaching , and Coursera for the Platform

By Taheer S

Aug 31, 2020

Great efforts taken by the all 3 instructors, In this course truly I have improve my skills set and increase my knowledge, I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java

By Aydar A

Jan 5, 2018

Good course. It was quite basic for me for the most part, but I was just refreshing my java knowledge. Perfect for beginner, teachers obviously put a lot of effort into creating this course.

By Teio W

Jul 19, 2017

Enjoyable class from teachers presented in a simple organise material. Good choice of assignment keeps me engage to read more and keep programming. Keep up good work. Cant wait for next class

By Pei Z

May 16, 2019

The course is great with comprehensive explain and enough freedom to customize your own study pace. The homework part is also flexible, you can do as many experiments on coding as you like!

By Siddharth S

Aug 9, 2016

I loved the way instructors designed, developed and delivered course. This course gave me really good insights into object oriented programming. And I thoroughly enjoyed working on project.

By Rui X

Aug 4, 2017

The courses is really good. Moreover, I really love the three lecturers. They make the course really interesting and clear. Many questions that I struggled with were solved in this course.

By Soumyadeep R

Jul 19, 2017

It's undoubtedly the best MOOC I've ever taken. I had taken courses from MIT and Harvard,even theirs' don't match with this course. I was lucky to get know about this course at right time

By Nicholas L

Apr 23, 2017

Great class overall. I found the week on inheritance to be especially good. Very clear explanations, examples, and illustrations which is so important in a fundamental CS class like this.

By Bosen Y

Jul 22, 2019

Great course for intermediate learner. The professor arrange all resources in a great way. I even found myself learning more efficiently here than in my school (a top 30 US university).

By Muhammed S

Sep 17, 2015

Good work by the team behind this. I express my sincere gratitude towards all the ones behind this, and would like to express special thanks to my beloved professors.

-Muhammed Swafuvan

By AKSHAT B

Nov 6, 2016

Absolutely brilliant teaching , clearing of basic concepts. A must take course for someone who has learned a little bit of java previously and is ready to dive in to the depths of it.

By Manel Z

Feb 13, 2016

Great course to understand the basics of OO programming. Hierarchy, Interface, Abstract Class notions very well pointed out.

Note: Wouldn't recommend if you are an absolute beginner.

By Josh B

Feb 1, 2016

Great course and provides some complex and awesome context. This is my first programming course in java, although it has taken me a bit to get my syntax right, it has gone smoothly.

By Ruopeng Z

Mar 29, 2016

This class is superb! While doing the project, I am learning concepts gradually and the functionality of my project is also growing during the process. Perfect learning experience.

By HONEY T

Sep 12, 2020

Instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

By Steven Y

Jun 19, 2017

if you want to learn OOP for more detail and significant, this course is right for you. They provide unique practice that really help me to understand how the code works in java.