Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

51 - 75 of 892 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By nitin s

Oct 15, 2015

awesome description

By Md. A

Jun 10, 2016

Love the course. I have learned few new things on this course.

By Wessel B

Sep 24, 2016

Solid introduction to object oriented programming in Java

By Gil B

Mar 23, 2017

Great Course!

By Iván A

Sep 18, 2015

Amazing

By Baris T

Nov 29, 2016

Great course! Worth much more than each penny you put!

By Amer J

Mar 04, 2016

excellent course given by excellent instructors.

By QIANG L

Jan 07, 2016

very good

By ARJUN K P R

Jul 08, 2016

Great teaching and presentation, Thanks

By Veronica V B

Mar 12, 2017

Very interesting Course and the way the instructors give the lessons are great and easy to follow. The concept challenges are also, very good, because it makes you test yourself if you really understand the concepts or not.

By Saumya S

Feb 20, 2016

I was a beginner to JAVA when i had started this course. But after completing this course i am very confident with JAVA concepts. Great course by great professors.

By Andreeva K

May 04, 2017

I loved this course. Professors are great at explaining the concepts and the programming assignments are fun and challenging. Definitely recommend.

By Biruk S

Nov 02, 2015

Great course. Well designed and challenging programming assignments that stimulate learning.

By Terrence F

Sep 19, 2017

This course was difficult for me as I am new to Java and this is not an introductory course. I had to spend some serious time watching the videos, taking the quizzes and doing the weekly assignments. This course was well structured and included lots of good references, so I somehow managed to get through it successfully!

By Hemanth K B

Dec 27, 2015

I highly recommend this course for Java programmers. Very practical.

By Afreen H

Sep 20, 2015

The way the course is designed is really effective, instructors are great as well. I am loving this course.

By Pratap C

May 03, 2016

Great course. Very well structured with real world experiences. Hats off to the staff for their efforts.

By Arash M

Sep 20, 2016

One of the best programming courses I have ever seen, specifically for people who are learning to program.

By Gustavo M

Feb 27, 2016

Excellent lectures, the subject matter is very well detailed and enough support is given to the student.

By Hans M

Mar 16, 2016

Nice!!!

By Dmitry S

Jan 05, 2016

This course helps me a lot with understanding Java.

By Marin I

Sep 22, 2015

Excellent teachers and examples..

By Ayush M

Feb 05, 2016

Lots to learn

By Agim C

Apr 10, 2016

This is a excellent course !

By Alisa Z

Nov 18, 2015

Very helpful course that gives you tools to start doing your own projects. Loved the final project task!