Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

201 - 225 of 894 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Milica N

Oct 22, 2015

Excellent!

By Gaurav P

Dec 09, 2015

Best at the current moment, considering the content and in comparison to the program being offered by other mooc's

By Chenxi L

Dec 13, 2015

Great course!

By Mohamed M M A K

Mar 05, 2016

An excellent course for taking a step forwards in Java programming. The instructors are great and I love the concept challenge videos as they help clarify new concepts.

The programming assignments are good although sometimes felt like they were not challenging enough.

The course material isn't that long and the course could easily be completed in 2-3 weeks or even less.

Despite that it is not an introductory course to Java, I was able to follow along smoothly without prior Java experience. However previous programming experience is required.

By Yubo T

Dec 12, 2015

Very good course

By satish

Dec 15, 2015

it was awesome. If you really want to lean java than pick up this course for learn with doing something.

By Ogbonna C E

Aug 06, 2017

This course made me understand java concepts in an easy way, and made me realize certain internal workings in Java I haven't seen elsewhere. I love their method/process of tutoring. Awesome job!

By Xavier O

Dec 24, 2015

Great course, excellent for a programmer with beginner Java skills, and perhaps a better intermediate grasp of another language such as Python, wanting to dive a bit deeper into Java with appropriate explanations.

By JIAXING S

Mar 14, 2016

The best specialization I've seen on Coursera. The course material is good and each to understand. Great 1st programming course for beginners.

By Bagus A S

Nov 09, 2015

It's just started on the first week, but the professors of this course already make me really excited to learn.

By Oleksii I

Nov 29, 2016

Amazing work!!! Guys, please do not stop and continue!

By Srikaanth P

May 12, 2017

Very easy to follow and learn.; especially lecturer Mrs. Mia's videos are very good and lively.

By Michael B

Nov 06, 2015

Very good "introduction" to Java programming. It definitely helps to be familiar with Java already and one should really be able to "read" code and deduce what it does in order to do well on the quizzes.

By Kareem Z

Sep 24, 2017

Amazing teachers.

By Zaid A

Apr 19, 2017

wonderful course i like the way of teaching........

By Jean-Baptiste B

Dec 01, 2017

Really well explained course on Java OOP concepts.

By Amit V

Jan 14, 2016

Excellent approach to teaching Java; i loved the hands on, concept challenges and modules at the end of each course. I wish my professors in university were 1/2 as good as them.

By pengwei

Feb 10, 2016

The project is very interesting.

By shivansh g

Sep 30, 2016

Very good start for object oriented techniques and the way java works.

By ahmed h

Sep 29, 2015

Best Java course I have seen for years. And Best team of instructors in any of Coursera courses. Hope to have later specializations from the same Instructors. I am just delaying certificate until finishing the due java specialization, as I felt it may need introductory course as advised by the great instructor Christine

Great Instructor/Course from great University as great as the rest of San Diego university courses. Well respected Universities in addition to Duke, Michigan and Virginia Compared to the very short courses from other reputable Universities

By Pham, T L

Oct 26, 2016

Good course for basic OOP in java.

Thank you.

By Heng W W

Mar 21, 2016

It is good!!! I learnt a bit of Java beforehand but not the object oriented concept. Would definitely attend the courses by UC San Diego again as well as pay for the course when I can afford it!

By Wesley M d O