Back to Object Oriented Programming in Java

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Object Oriented Programming in Java by University of California San Diego

Welcome to our course on Object Oriented Programming in Java using data visualization. People come to this course with many different goals -- and we are really excited to work with all of you! Some of you want to be professional software developers, others want to improve your programming skills to implement that cool personal project that you’ve been thinking about, while others of you might not yet know why you’re here and are trying to figure out what this course is all about. This is an intermediate Java course. We recommend this course to learners who have previous experience in software development or a background in computer science. Our goal is that by the end of this course each and every one of you feels empowered to create a Java program that’s more advanced than any you have created in the past and that is personally interesting to you. In achieving this goal you will also learn the fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming, how to leverage the power of existing libraries, how to build graphical user interfaces, and how to use some core algorithms for searching and sorting data. And this course is project-based, so we’ll dive right into the project immediately! We are excited to be offering a unique course structure, designed to support learners of different backgrounds in succeeding at their own pace. The first module explains how this will work and if this course is right for you. We also recommend taking a few minutes to explore the course site. A good place to start is the navigation bar on the left. Click Course Content to see what material we’ll cover each week, as well preview the assignments you’ll need to complete to pass the course. Click Discussions to see forums where you can discuss the course material with fellow students taking the class. Be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Meet and Greet forum. This course should take about 6 weeks to complete. You can check out the recommended course schedule below to see a quick overview of the lessons and assignments you’ll complete each week. We’re excited you’re here learning with us. Let’s get started!...

DB

Oct 13, 2017

Great into to Java, instructors have clearly put thought in to the format with the choose your own learning style videos, and additional coverage where it may be needed. These have been very helpful.

LR

Oct 14, 2015

I loved this course! The course videos and the projects sharpened my idea about some of the toughest concepts of Java and OOP. I recommend this course to anyone interested in learning OOP in Java. ☺

201 - 225 of 1,131 Reviews for Object Oriented Programming in Java

By Pranjal K

Aug 18, 2017

This is one of the best courses in Java. I was a complete novice before this course. Now i feel like i have got the feel for programming.

By Daniyar Z

Jun 26, 2016

Great course! The course teaches us the basics of OOP concepts. Moreover, during the course students are able to use theory in practice.

By Srijan A

Nov 21, 2016

I found it very useful in bridging the knowledge gaps I had in Java. I helped me identify issues which even seasoned programmers miss.

By Thomas H

Jan 17, 2016

Loved the Unfolding Maps application! Great way to learn object oriented programming. Really enjoyed the extension project at the end.

By Micheal

Aug 08, 2016

It is a good course. It help me strengthen the knowledge about interface, abstract class and experience of developing related skills.

By chiranjiv b

Mar 07, 2016

great work by the professors at uc. its like moving slowly and steadily from primitives to complexity and there's no stress involved.

By Evgenii L

Oct 27, 2015

I'm really exited about this course! Really professional team which provide us very interesting tasks! brilliant! Not....Tremendous!!

By Michael V

Jul 16, 2020

Lectures explain new concepts very well. The assignments & quizzes are help develop practical use & understanding of these concepts.

By Idir B

Jan 30, 2016

The best course I saw in Coursera. A lot of efforts will deployed to make the learning experience optimal. Bravo for the professors.

By Shalagatskyi V

Nov 19, 2015

Always wanted to be a softawe developper, this course is very informative for the beginners. Many thanks to teachers of this course!

By KRISHNASAI R

Mar 15, 2019

it is best course i developed my knowledge a lot .i would be so happy if i would be able to get such oppurtunities again and again.

By Ivan P

Nov 17, 2016

Pretty good basic course. Easy explanations and useful skills. Good for start when you have some basic knowledge behind your back.

By suryansh s

Mar 23, 2017

excellent course ,and the guiders are very supportive and this course going to help me in future with large benefit and successes

By Eugene K

Feb 27, 2016

Very good introductory course in Java and OOP principles, well designed and structured, provides perfect programming assignments.

By KAPSIDIS D I

Dec 27, 2019

Excellent for beginners in Java! The difficulty scales up smoothly, the examples and graded activities are relative and helpful.

By shubham j

Feb 28, 2016

Amazing course with very efficient teaching ..

i really enjoyed this course . hope to see more similar courses from the teachers.

By Francesco B

Oct 24, 2015

Nice course well explained. I liked more than other courses where they explain easy theory then you are lost in the assignments.

By Soumya N J

best way of explaining program I was having a problem of creating a program but here I learned Howe to trace and build the code

By Chicane

Feb 05, 2017

Thank you guys for this massive information you put in this course. I appreciate your efforts well explanation you guys awesome

By Billman

Oct 27, 2015

Great course! The activities were nice, and challenging. The instructors did a good job of explaining things in diverse ways.

By Benjamin T

Mar 08, 2016

Very well structured, clear explanations, and great additional resources to test and repeat the material. Thank you very much!

By Do H L

Dec 20, 2015

Very rigourous course. Very worth the time and effort. Taught real knowledge and skills while facilitated building a portfolio

By Sandesh G

Aug 04, 2020

It was very challenging one a learner must face challenges and must face them

I am really fortune to learn with you thank you

By Muhammad E R

Jan 23, 2019

It's an awesome course. Course instructors are great at teaching. MOOC students can enjoy extremely while doing the projects.

By Vishwanath G

Jun 07, 2017

Perfect course for intermediate programming in Java. Great teaching method, detailed explanations, and excellent professors.