Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK
May 4, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

EE
Jan 21, 2020

Very interesting. This course offer an useful overview of Oil & Gas industry, covering all relevant aspects.\n\nEven the Coursera platform support wonderfully videos and lessons.\n\nEmanuele Volterra

251 - 275 of 1,194 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By Meet P

Mar 31, 2017

Thank you for giving me excellent information on oil & gas industry operations.It is very helpful course for me. Thank you Duke university and coursera.

By Mr I Y B

Feb 18, 2017

This course is very good for beginners in the Oil and Gas industry. Your best option to leap into the oil and gas sector is beginning with this course.

By Gustavo C

Jul 26, 2020

Great course, it helps newcomers and also experienced workers of the oil & gas industry to get all the picture, more far than just the basic operations

By jeffrey s

Jul 11, 2020

Excellent course. Very detailed and informative, I learned a lot about every aspect of the business from the engineering aspect to the business aspect.

By Fazla Z A

Jul 10, 2020

It was a very well oriented course. Learned a lot about oil and gas companies, their technologies and their different levels of operations and markets.

By Stallone S

A great introduction to oil and gas industry. The course covered all the basics from how oil is extracted and how it is processed in a detailed manner.

By ADITI S

Jun 7, 2020

Amazing course! Being a chemical engineering student this course has helped me a lot and cleared my mind as to where i actually see myself in future:)

By Muhammad A

Jul 10, 2019

It was a nice course covering almost all aspects of hydrocarbons starting from exploration to marketing. Thanks a lot to Coursera and Duke University.

By Soutrik

Aug 5, 2020

absolutely amazing course. not only were the lectures amazing to hear but so were the presentations great. i learned many new things from this course

By Praise D A K

Jun 1, 2017

Great course. Great professor. I really had fun while taking this class. The quizzes were a bit hard, but you just need to study. Thanks to coursera.

By Siddharth B

Sep 3, 2017

The course is well structured in to different modules.Markets scenario explained in the module helps you to understand the overall market condition.

By KISHORE A S

Aug 12, 2020

This was my first course, it was so impressive, Professor Lincoln Pratson was an excellent lecturer , understood each and every concepts very well.

By Yeison E R C

Jan 16, 2020

I recommend the course, very important information and both the tools and the material supplied, for those who like the oil industry I recommend it

By Nirav J

Oct 6, 2018

Very Good Contents and very nicely explained. Recommending to those who are at the beginner level and want to build a career in Oil & Gas Industry.

By Dhrumilkumar P

Aug 26, 2020

very accurate and precised managed course on oil & gas operations with detailed information, even course instructor teaching skill are excellent.

By ANKIT A

Jun 24, 2020

I would like to thank our Professor sir! It was nice learning experience with you. I wish I can attend your class in my PG courses. Thank You Sir!

By Jobayed H B

I learned so many things about the oil production industry from this course. The instructor was on point in his lectures. I recommend this course.

By Kazi F A

Jun 9, 2020

It is really a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor was well spoken. Now I have a clear idea about oil & gas sector. THANK YOU!

By MARIO A H C

Oct 15, 2019

Excelente curso para obtener un panorama general de la industria de petróleo y gas. Lincoln desarrolla el curso de una forma amena e interesante.

By Ventas

Jun 26, 2018

The information presented in this course, has been very helpful to me since I work for an O&G company, broaden my knowledge on such a core topic.

By Togzhan K

Sep 13, 2017

Очень интересный курс, материалы довольно легко осваиваются.

Преподаватель объясняет все доступно. Я не жалею о том, что выбрала именно этот курс.

By Álvaro T C

Aug 17, 2020

This course has helped me better understand the industry and its challenged, something helpful when speaking with my customers in that industry

By Zameer D

Jun 3, 2020

Lincoln Pratson has very unique style of presentation, i can understand the content very easily, tragic was very much useful for understanding.

By Mailk H A K

Dec 26, 2016

Amazing course with lots of good information especially I have cleared my concepts on O & G price economics after learning through this course.

By Diego F R R

Aug 6, 2016

The course is complete helps me a lot with my training and helps me to contribute with new knowledge, I really liked give good rating of 10/10.