Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK

May 05, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

BK

From this course I have learn much more information regarding the drilling sites, production , reservoir contents and more specially Economic price rise and fall in this industry. I thank to Coursera

201 - 225 of 1,096 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By J. D G

Aug 19, 2020

I loved it and believe everyone should take this course to get a snapshot about global demand and how the oil & gas industry works. Great professor and great slides.

By Andrés M A R

Jul 20, 2020

Very complete explanation fo all activies in the hydrocarbon industry chain. And very focused in the interpretation of the markets avalible of it's commercialization.

By Shadab h

Nov 07, 2019

I'm very happy to get a certificate from courseera and I'm very thankful to course era and professor Lincoln pratson of duke university to share a knowledge with us

By Zulfiqar A

Apr 17, 2019

Short and concise but thoroughly encompassing every aspect of Oil and Gas Industry.

Highly recommended for those who want to get an overview of Oil and gas industryl

By Mostafa M K

Dec 08, 2018

It helped me a lot to have a great experience into the field of Oil & Gas Industry. I am really sure that, it would be helpful to anyone to have a course like this.

By Joaquin G L

Mar 15, 2018

Everything is perfectly explained from the start and all the content material allow you to get a perfect idea on this market, even if you haven't any previous idea.

By Nakkeeran. E ( E

Jun 28, 2020

A very important and valuable course for all the budding chemical engineers in the world. request all the chemical engineers to study this course and get knowledge

By Isuru A

Jun 03, 2020

I encourage my geological knowledge . I can identify the problems in the oil and gas industry . Now i know the how to product and cost of the producing oil and gas

By Sanwal G

Apr 13, 2020

The course is very beneficial for those who wants to understand the basic operations of oil and gas exploration, its processing and marketing all around the world.

By Denise G

Aug 12, 2020

Especially appreciated the downloadable slides and the very clear information (including a detailed marking scheme) given for the project component of the course.

By Tullaya A

Jun 18, 2020

I already got lots of information in oil and gas industries and saw in another vision in this field but I got some of the reviews in peers' assignment is biased.

By Jairo H

May 07, 2020

A very useful course for those who want to gain a better understanding of the oil and gas industry. I highly recommend it for those who want to learn the basics

By Chris G

Aug 27, 2020

Wow! This is great, indeed great. I've been so enlightened, this course has given me thorough knowledge of oil and gas operations. I can take a step from here.

By Pedro M

Jul 11, 2020

Well-structured, easy to follow and with general information about the Oil and Gas Industry. I had no previous knowledge in the field and I enjoyed the course.

By Felipe B

Jun 20, 2020

Good approaching to oil & gas unit operations and market. May be, it will be a good idea to generate more courses with specific topic related to this industry.

By ASHIVKUMAR P

Hii , my name is Ashiv Patel and I have come this course.I have gained many skills and knowledge about oil and gas .overall this course is too much beneficial.

By ABID H R

Jan 06, 2020

The professor is very good and his lessons seem to like hearing tales about the mysterious and wonderful works of mankind to maintain their life in this world.

By Romain d S

Strong course made by an outstanding teacher encompassing all the aspects of the O&G value chain. The course follows a clear path and isn't simplistic at all.

By Mohammad S

Feb 10, 2020

Brilliantly covered. This course can greatly influence anyone who does not even have the Petroleum background. I am fortunate that I got to learn this course.

By Mohamed T K

Aug 21, 2019

EMOTION EMOTION EMOTION EMOTION EMOTION right now, I Mohamed Tady KOUROUMA thanks each and everyones from DUKE University of GAZ and OIL.

Do dreams come true.

By George S

Mar 19, 2019

Great course which analyzes many aspects of the O&G Industry! I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to get a further insight on how this industry works!

By 黃泓溥(Huang, H

Aug 30, 2018

What a wonderful course for an overview on the oil & gas industry. The instructor has intimate knowledge and has the course well organized. 5 stars reviewed!

By PARMAR P S

Jun 07, 2020

I am very thankful for Coursera who gave me an opportunity to learn this course. Really very nice content.

Thank you Lincoln Pratson Sir and Duke University.

By Noah P

Jul 22, 2020

I have had an in-depth knowledge about production as well as marketing of oil and gas. The best program so far and I will recommend it to my peers any day.