Back to Perfect Tenses and Modals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Perfect Tenses and Modals by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Intermediate Grammar specialization. In this course, you will learn about important intermediate verb tenses, including present perfect, present perfect progressive, past perfect, and past perfect progressive. You will also learn about common modal verbs used in English. This course is designed for learners who have a basic understanding of English grammar but who want to learn more and improve their skills for everyday speaking or writing, as well as for academics. It will be a fun class with lots of entertaining and informative video lectures....

JM
Oct 11, 2021

The classes are very good, everything is well-explained. I learned a lot from this course. The experience was that good I will continue at finishing UCI online courses. UCI got my heart from now on.

GL
Oct 6, 2016

I loved this course. I am pretty good at grammar, but it was good to review some rules. I took it in four days, each day I completed one week. Every day I spent on average two hours on the course.

926 - 949 of 949 Reviews for Perfect Tenses and Modals

By singh a r

Jun 28, 2019

Good

By Bowen Y

Oct 27, 2018

Good

By Azadi A

Sep 15, 2020

Jul 4, 2020

g

By ENRICO W B

Sep 19, 2020

The lessons are great, really refresh your mind on basic English that most people forget. My main complaint is the peer review sections, because English is not everyone's native language, I received multiple negative reviews, even though there are others who reviewed my work to be flawless. I don't know if the people who give negative reviews are just trolling, or not used to speaking English and my vocabulary confuses them, or they just entirely doesn't understand the lesson but have been given rights to review other people. I support the idea of reviewing your peers, but when the score impacts our grade and they themselves can't guarantee to review correctly, then that's kind of stupid.

By Евгения К

May 7, 2021

This is a basic course that can give you a structure to learn, but almost all the lessons I had to google for more detailed information. Also, during the course we had checked the task of other students, I am sure that other students, and not the teachers, checked mine.

By Marcelo A d P R

Dec 26, 2016

It's a good course for those that are seeking to improve their grammar skills in English, but for me it sounded a little superficial and the peer review system for this course left space for some subjectivity.

By Evgeniya T

Aug 3, 2016

In general I like the course but I find it a bit boring. I wish it was organized in a more interactive way.

By Hayder N A

May 2, 2020

It's good, but there is no discussion forum!! So how can I ask if I struggle with something.

By Miguel Á

Jun 19, 2020

I think it is a good course, but it is more focus to upper begginers than to intermediate

By yesuf k

May 18, 2017

it is a very good topic on the way improving your English language

By imaloserdude

Aug 23, 2021

Kinda easy for me. Little interaction with other students.

By Simona C

Aug 3, 2018

to easy for experienced and too fast for inexperienced

By Erick A A

Dec 2, 2019

i am very happy for everythings

By Haichen G

Dec 26, 2019

need more practices

By Md. R I R

Jul 20, 2020

good

By FURKAN K

Oct 17, 2020

By Daniela V

Jan 12, 2021

It's ok if you only want to review some contents; but, if you are looking to improve your level I personally don't recommend it. It has a few tests which are helpful, but the main thing I didn't like at all is that the text production is reviewed by another students, with my same level of English or below it. *You don't have any kind of feedback from the teachers.

*Nobody reviews the reviews itself.

*Most common thing is that you won't get any feedback even from those who are reviewing your work.

I think that with more participation from the teacher's side, this can be a good basic course.

By Мария М

Oct 28, 2020

The content is great, but the peer review is not accurate and therefore not effective.

I had to resubmit my assignment 3 times explaining that my examples are in fact correct.

I never got a peer review for the next task and decided to stop wasting my time anticipating that the peer review wouldn't let me finish it anyways.

I sincerely hope that it is not the case with other courses on this platform.

By Liliana R

Oct 17, 2021

Faltan ejercicios de práctica, las clases dan pocos ejemplos y el tema se explica muy rápidamente en la brevedad de los vídeos.

By Maria M R

Jan 11, 2021

This course seemed to be aimed at kids. The videos were as if we were children. Childish videos and really simple everything.

By Hamza A

Apr 13, 2021

Dear,

You give us 7 days trail of time for using this course, I am surprised now, there is no way to unroll the course...

I want to be out of this course directly please.

By Vanessa C m s