Back to Perfect Tenses and Modals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Perfect Tenses and Modals by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Intermediate Grammar specialization. In this course, you will learn about important intermediate verb tenses, including present perfect, present perfect progressive, past perfect, and past perfect progressive. You will also learn about common modal verbs used in English. This course is designed for learners who have a basic understanding of English grammar but who want to learn more and improve their skills for everyday speaking or writing, as well as for academics. It will be a fun class with lots of entertaining and informative video lectures....

GL
Oct 6, 2016

I loved this course. I am pretty good at grammar, but it was good to review some rules. I took it in four days, each day I completed one week. Every day I spent on average two hours on the course.

JH
Feb 26, 2020

This course introduces the perfect tenses and Models, providing a lot of practices and assignments. I have completed the course and recommend it for everyone who wants to improve English grammar.

51 - 75 of 859 Reviews for Perfect Tenses and Modals

Sep 9, 2020

amei

By Nayuri C

Aug 23, 2020

Good

By Russul A

Aug 13, 2020

It h

By Chatchanok K

Jun 19, 2020

good

By hana l

Good

By Ajit S S

May 12, 2020

Cool

By Круглов И Д

Oct 29, 2019

лайк

By abdullah h a

Sep 2, 2018

good

By 吴席之

Feb 16, 2017

good

By Olinca P

Mar 4, 2020

ok

By Jessie

Aug 6, 2018

It is a good orientation lesson for perfect tenses, but I am afraid the content for modals should be better designed. It is too easy. :-)

By Mario M

Mar 4, 2018

I was expecting much more from this course

By Katarzyna

Oct 6, 2016

too brief

Nov 1, 2019

llevo varias semanas intentando terminar el curso y a pesar de haber presentado mi examen final, no he podidorecibir mi nota final y a parece como que no realice el quiz final...

By Camila M A

Jul 7, 2020

Very basic

By Ayyaz T

Feb 20, 2021

the course has been compiled and organize with due diligence. Topics were made more interested by discussing the applications and adding conversations part in the presentation. The course has helped in understanding the concepts of english grammar. The course has been highly informative and adding exercises has made the course even more effective in learning and paving our path in understanding the correct use of grammar. I am sure that this course will benefit more and more students around the world

By Arjun N

Jan 28, 2021

Perfect tenses and Modals

I think this course is best because it gives you insight into the rules and tricks in which you can use the grammar in a more efficient way and the different Modals and Tenses which you need to be careful while using them in your grammar sentences which help you a lot not just in understanding the grammar but also improving a lot in that grammar topic. Grammar is one of the easy topic which you can master without any difficulty.

By Ivan Y

Jul 4, 2020

It is a very interesting and helpful course. Thanks to the great job of the instructors all of the explanation videos are well-conceived as well as all learning materials. Thanks to the videos, the handouts and the learning materials I could really learn peculiarities of usage of the Perfect Tenses and Modals. I would really recommend this course to everyone who wants to improve his theoretical knowledge and practical skills in English grammar.

By anano q

Dec 31, 2019

High Recommended this course, every thing is very clearly and detailed explained. Here is quiz every week, also lessons where you can check your knowledge, I really like this course, only one thing it's happened and I don't like is that when I write my assignment someone evaluate me incorrect and I can't finish week and I re edit same text with new dedline. Finally I finished and course and lessons is very high class, Thank you

By Rohit S

May 23, 2018

Few suggestions:

Please:

1) cover the missing tense forms s.a. future perfect, future progressive, past progressive etc.

2) provide the slides along with the lectures.

3) increase the number of exercises.

============================================================

Learnt a lot.

Thank you UCI and other people who are directly/indirectly related with this course.

=============================================================

By Samved I

Jun 18, 2020

While the course itself has no flaws in my judgment, it is very exasperating that there is no Discussion Forum where students could request for their assignments to be graded. What could be more unfortunate an event than one in which a student diligently submits his assignment only to see that it has not been graded? Kindly ensure that the error is rectified.

By Kamal J

Jul 21, 2020

The content is less and definitely not worth spending 4 weeks. You can easily finish it in 4 days. But the most important thing is the way instructors have presented the material in the course, along with practice assignments is commendable. You will enjoy this course and will learn and not forget whatever is taught.

I love the enthusiasm of the instructors.

By Jose A R N

Jul 9, 2017

My name is Jose Antonio from Brazil. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course to complete my CV in English to the area of Data Science.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

Regards.

Jose Antonio.

By Pan S

Jun 17, 2020

This course can help me a lot to improve my grammar skill. Teachers can explain the grammar by using slide presentations, and it is pretty clear to understand the meaning and how to use it. After I finished this course, I feel confident using correct grammar in daily life, taking a TOEIC test, and applying these skills to my job.