Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL
Jun 1, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

VB
Sep 11, 2020

Very informative, straight forward, and was practically free too! The teachers were very easy to understand, had a real passion for their subject, and I really learned a lot. Would totally recommend!

76 - 100 of 768 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

By Clarice

Dec 15, 2015

Professoras explicam muito bem, sempre estão retomando os tópicos mais importantes, em todos os vídeos quase tem uns minutinhos para relembrar o que foi visto na aula anterior. As legendas funcionam certinho, só alguns vídeos que ela é atrasada, mas no geral todas funcionam.

Curso muito bom, ajuda muito na vida acadêmica.

By Chunda K

Dec 18, 2019

The syllabus and content are so applicable to real life situations just the way science is supposed to be. I have done human physiology course at one point in my second and third year of study in a school of medicine, and this has really helped me understand and grasp the concepts at this later stage. Thank you.

By Indira R

Aug 18, 2015

I would like to rate this fabulous course as excellent under Dr. Emma Jakoi and Dr. Jennifer Carbrey, brilliant instructersThank you very much for all the kind explanation given for my questions, and good video quizzes, enjoyable problem sets and mind provoking exams.

Regards and lots of thanks.

Indira Raghunathan

By Marc U

Jun 6, 2020

Very interesting course that helps you understand the basic principles and mechanisms of the body. I was very new to this topic, but even I managed to understand it. The instructors explain things very clearly and the reading material helps you in the areas that are more difficult. I can really recommend it.

By Bhanu B

Very beautifully created course. The structure of this course made it easy to learn being efficient at the same time. Loved the way, how the mentors connect every situation practically to daily life situations.A very helpful course for those as well who wants to study exercise physiology in near future.

By Jen M

Aug 19, 2020

I was looking for a comprehensive physiology to hone my skills as a doctor and this course definitely challenged me. It was nice to be reminded of the details of physiology that I had forgotten over the years. Thank you and I highly recommend this class to anyone looking to gain knowledge in physiology.

By Muhammad Z M

Aug 14, 2015

i learn here how to learn....really fabulous ,method of teaching ...i like both teachers and their way of speaking...i like course contents i.e. they are really arranged in professional manner....thank you DUKE university and its teachers for giving me such a important platform for learning.........

By 张智澎

Oct 2, 2018

I used two months to finish the course. I really appreciate Dr. Carbrey and Dr. Jakoi, who piqued my interest in human physiology. The materials are logical, though a little challenging for a freshman. I hope more courses will be provided by Duke University soon, and I cannot wait to learn more.

By Laddie M

Sep 24, 2020

Extremely thorough and very well organized. The additional resources and transcript for each video is an immense help. I would highly recommend going through this course before taking one at any college you plan on attending. You'll have a huge head start and a deeper insight for the material.

By Bohdan M

Mar 23, 2020

Thanks a lot to Emma Jakoi and Jennifer Carbrey. It was brilliant course, еspecially lections about respiratory, cardiovascular and endocrine systems. That helped me to understand such processes as action potential, membrane potential,differences between pressures within thoracic cavity etc.

By Ho J W B

Dec 10, 2016

The instructors were very helpful! Emma is a great educator who responds almost instantly to your questions in the forum, making learning so much accessible! Definitely a great course even for someone who does not have any biology to pick it up! Don't be hesitant to learning! Go for it!

By Ahmed S S

Amazing course, I've learned some outstanding physiological concepts, which helped me a lot understanding different concepts about the human body. The course instructors, Dr. Jennifer and Dr. Mimi was so kind and helpful. Thank you for providing such a helpful course for everyone!

By swarupa k

Oct 13, 2020

Thanks to Dr. Jakoi and Dr. Carbrey. Enjoyed the sessions so much. I come from Engineering background with no prior knowledge of biology and wanted to understand my system. This course hes helped me to meet my objective. Thanks both of you for your effort and time. God bless!

By Carlos D

Jul 26, 2020

I think that this course is very complete, videos are well explained, there are many good resources and archives, the teachers help with kindness students with some troubles or some confusing topics. I'm very grateful and glad to have completed and participated of this course

By Ananya G

Aug 7, 2020

I found it a bit tough because I'm only a high schooler but it was an amazing course. The teachers were very engaging and I definitely learned a lot. If you're interested in physiology and have a good understanding of chemistry and biology, you should definitely try it out.

By Hao C

Jun 15, 2020

A very comprehensive introduction to human physiology, but the course material is very demanding and takes time to memorize. If you want to take this course, it'd be better to have some basic knowledge of elementary biology (Biology 101) and a general idea of human anatomy.

By Mohammad Q B Z

Jul 14, 2020

I love this class. The lecturers are so brilliant, passionate. We are directed to learn a concept! worth to try. Basically i love neurology, endocrinology, pulmunology parts. but the rest parts i still don't have a courage to learn more (you know it's solely my interest)

By Victor M

Aug 17, 2017

The course is amazing, and thanks to the lecturers which have done such a great job building up their presentation. By experience, it is rare to find highly qualified researchers who are also ready to share their expertise through well-prepared motivational pedagogy.

By Elza P

Mar 13, 2018

Wonderful course! I enjoyed learning about the human physiology holistically by understanding connections between organ systems in various physiological pathways as well as by the review of disorders that truly help understand better how the body works. Thank you!

By Rohit P

Jun 4, 2020

What an exceptional amount of good information here. I am a Zoology student and this course helped me brush up my skills alongside adding more to my knowledge. The tutors are lovely, always smiling and explaining things with great efforts. You'll enjoy this one!

By Mostafa M E

Aug 28, 2017

this full course about physiology really is amazing and very informative. it really cover most of the topics in the short time with extensive amount of information which is presented in an amazing way that gets you to complete the course to the end. great job

By yaroslav

Dec 11, 2018

This course is quite enormous and (for a first-timer into that topic) gives a vast understanding about human body and all the processes that are going on there on daily basis. Lots of practical information. Gives a clear whole picture of our organism. Bravo!

By Leila A

I'm a physiology major and have completed a degree in physiology. I must say this course is really great worthy and quite useful. This course helped me to revive and fixate things I already learned. Thanks a lot

I hope there would a complementary course too.

By Yardley M K

Mar 31, 2016

This is one of the best courses. I really enjoyed taking this class again. this class is not easy. you do have to put in the time and effort to study the material and it is well worth your effort. thank you for pulling this all together and teaching me!