Back to Introductory Human Physiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introductory Human Physiology by Duke University

LL

Jun 02, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.\n\nThis course is AMAZING! Though sometimes I felt overwhelmed and couldn't remember everything, I think it was worth every effort and energy.

KN

Apr 16, 2018

I am an incoming medical student here in the Philippines and this course has provided me with enough background about the human body and the underlying machinery of every system associated with it.

101 - 125 of 402 Reviews for Introductory Human Physiology

Mar 16, 2018

Epic

By Anastasiia N

Oct 23, 2015

The effect of this course in understanding the body physiology and understanding the terminology of other courses can be compared to learning to read. Now I can take other, more specialized courses without having to Google every other word and actually understand the processes they're talking about instead of simply memorizing them.

Especially, now that I am taking several other courses, I have the opportunity to appreciate the depth clever systematic approach to explain such complex processes of our body. Sometimes I got the feeling that I lack some background as many terms used to explain processes were not explained. But that was greatly compensated by teachers' and mentors' participation in the forum and answering questions on every subject. I was amazed that such free course offers the luxury of teachers replying to your questions, and this actually motivated me to study even more diligently. And yes, come up with new questions :) By the end of the course not all my questions were answered, but on the other side, without this course I never would even think of asking those questions about work of human body! Such great interest and inquiry have you wakened in me, thank you very much!

I would like to note that the course used a wonderful array of tools to create understanding of the subject. One of the best was storytelling by Dr. Jakoi. Stories in the best way to learn as theoretical information is related to real-life situations, and in fact, I remembered all stories that she told, like stories about her son who had high parasympathetic tone, about guy who drank too much water to remove kidney stone, etc. Along with remembering the stories, I remembered the information it was about.

One more thing I would like to note is that I liked your tests and practice quizzes. Not all courses have practice questions after the lessons and it’s excellent way to memorize info. Also, quizzes include tasks of application of knowledge in some practical situations - makes you think and analyze the info to explain real-life phenomena. It’s difficult to correctly reply to such questions only relying on information: you need understanding of the process. In this way, these are excellent quizzes.

So thank you very much for such high quality educative course, it helped me a lot!

By Gabriela A

Aug 15, 2015

So good.

By Lisa K

Nov 14, 2015

Great course! Hard, I'm learning lots but very well-put together and well delivered. Bravo!

By ANBUMANI J

Sep 13, 2015

vv useful

By Tomas P

Jul 25, 2017

a great introduction to human physiology!

By Daniel J M

Oct 07, 2015

Great course you really learn a lot about the various systems in the body, and can now have a new look at your health.

By Akshita C

Feb 18, 2016

its worth exploring.

By Thais B

Feb 04, 2016

PERFECT COURSE TO BEGINERS OU STUDENTS

By Andreas G A

Jan 18, 2018

Great course, good as a supplementary to taking the university course.

Videos are of a good length, but could use a bit more depth into the intra-cell pathways.

I personally would prefer the course being longer and having more focus on the details e.g. important enzymes.

The sound in the videos are loud and clear, which makes it much easier to listen to (even to non-native english speakers like myself).

10 out of 10 would take the course again.

By Zsófia S

Sep 27, 2015

I really liked this course. It was interesting and clear, and helped me so much to understand the basics of physiology and refresh my past knowledge.

By Meenal K

Aug 07, 2015

great .thx to dr oakley for wonderful videos n i liked her style of teaching.always with a smiling face!

By daniela m

Sep 20, 2015

Easy to undertand. Simple words are always use and the professor give you examples.

By Ghada A

Nov 30, 2015

great course

By Rafael I P T

Aug 29, 2015

excellent

By Taylor V

May 06, 2016

Very informative. I just wish I had more time to immerse myself into the material

By Ravi R D

Jan 17, 2017

nice course

By Brent A

Aug 21, 2015

Good course, somewhat more than a basic understanding of biology is needed.

By Jason P

Oct 26, 2015

This course was very informative as I have learned a great deal of information. I also purchased the e-book which has helped guide me and teach me new things.

By Kryzia P

Aug 19, 2015

Extremely informative

By Hussein A H

Sep 28, 2015

Awesome course with a lot of benefit knowledge ...

Thank you.

By Lucy L

Jun 02, 2016

I'm a high school student interested in human physiology.

By Nebealeksas N

Aug 07, 2015

very precise and always on-the-topic, easy to follow