Back to Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology by Tel Aviv University

This class is aimed at people interested in understanding the basic science of plant biology. In this four lecture series, we'll first learn about the structure-function of plants and of plant cells. Then we'll try to understand how plants grow and develop, making such complex structures as flowers. Once we know how plants grow and develop, we'll then delve into understanding photosynthesis - how plants take carbon dioxide from the air and water from soil, and turn this into oxygen for us to breathe and sugars for us to eat. In the last lecture we'll learn about the fascinating, important and controversial science behind genetic engineering in agriculture. If you haven't taken it already, you may also be interested in my other course - What A Plant Knows, which examines how plants see, smell, hear and feel their environment: https://www.coursera.org/learn/plantknows. In order to receive academic credit for this course you must successfully pass the academic exam on campus. For information on how to register for the academic exam – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/registration Additionally, you can apply to certain degrees using the grades you received on the courses. Read more on this here – https://go.tau.ac.il/b.a/mooc-acceptance Teachers interested in teaching this course in their class rooms are invited to explore our Academic High school program here – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/online-highschool...

AP
Nov 4, 2017

That was a pleasure to have such a passionate and interested in biology lecturer. I found course useful and interesting. Thank you dr. Chamovitz for let me being your student for last several weeks.

JL
Aug 27, 2017

The course does very good job for providing the planned content. However if you have already studied the field and want to have more deep understanding like I do, you need to look for other courses.

76 - 100 of 199 Reviews for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

By Barath 0

Oct 20, 2020

It was an excellent course, and I enjoyed the lectures given by Professor Daniel Chamovitz.

By Hector D P C

Aug 26, 2020

Very interesting and helpfull course. If you have the oportuity to take this course, do it!

By Stefano

May 13, 2020

Really interesting and helpful. The teacher makes the subject truly engaging. Well done

By Liliana R G L

The course is excellent. I recommend it to anyone in the field of genetics and biology.

By arev

It is a paramount course for the people who seek to know plant biology and agriculture.

By jeffrey h

Nov 21, 2017

Clear. Sincere.

Would like to learn more about plant hormones etc

Transmits enthusiasm

By Kumsal E Ç

Aug 31, 2020

I really enjoyed during the classes and learned a lot about plant molecular biology.

By Darrell T

Oct 5, 2017

great instruction! very clear. I wish all my professors were like this in college

By Jennifer V

Jun 18, 2019

Again, fascinating information that will help me as a biology teacher and gardener

By Sandra C

Mar 25, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed the topic and the instructor. The 4 lecture was v engaging.

By Victoria R

Nov 20, 2019

I enjoy how Professor Chamovits explain concepts and make them simple, thanks!

By Edimilson J D O

Sep 18, 2017

Super ! Hope to have the opportunity to join Part III as soon as available.

By Pamela N G

It's a very good course. Professor is very nice and passionate for his work

By Ruben D J T

Mar 8, 2020

ES MUY ENTENDIBLE Y CUENTA CON LOS RECURSOS LOGISTICOS PARA SU APRENDIZAJE

By Rafael

Jun 2, 2017

Thank you Professor David, I loved it, it was great and quite interesting.

By Vincenzo D

Jun 27, 2020

GREAT INFORMATIVE COURSE. CLEAR AND CONCISE INSTRUCTOR. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

By Naomi E W

Dec 28, 2016

This was a great way to ease my way into studying Biology more seriously

By Dilveen H j

Dec 6, 2016

Interesting and super simplified material! Thanks to the instructor.

By Richard S

Jul 24, 2017

Great course! Very interesting. Awesome instructor/presenter too!

By Isqim O

Jan 6, 2017

so helpful for prepare my final research project, many thanks! :)

By Jose D C

Sep 3, 2020

What an amazing experience. Thank you Professor Daniel Chmowitz.

By W.K.G.S. P

Jul 23, 2020

The course was great. Enjoyed it so much and learnt many things

By Andre P

Nov 8, 2019

Very good overview of the world of plants and human interaction

By fernando g u

Dec 15, 2017

One of the most exciting Mooc I have had the opportunity to do.

By MAIRA S

Jul 18, 2020

Excellent course..Enjoyed every bit of it..highly recommended.