Back to Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology by Tel Aviv University

This class is aimed at people interested in understanding the basic science of plant biology. In this four lecture series, we'll first learn about the structure-function of plants and of plant cells. Then we'll try to understand how plants grow and develop, making such complex structures as flowers. Once we know how plants grow and develop, we'll then delve into understanding photosynthesis - how plants take carbon dioxide from the air and water from soil, and turn this into oxygen for us to breathe and sugars for us to eat. In the last lecture we'll learn about the fascinating, important and controversial science behind genetic engineering in agriculture. If you haven't taken it already, you may also be interested in my other course - What A Plant Knows, which examines how plants see, smell, hear and feel their environment: https://www.coursera.org/learn/plantknows. In order to receive academic credit for this course you must successfully pass the academic exam on campus. For information on how to register for the academic exam – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/registration Additionally, you can apply to certain degrees using the grades you received on the courses. Read more on this here – https://go.tau.ac.il/b.a/mooc-acceptance Teachers interested in teaching this course in their class rooms are invited to explore our Academic High school program here – https://tauonline.tau.ac.il/online-highschool...

AP

Nov 05, 2017

That was a pleasure to have such a passionate and interested in biology lecturer. I found course useful and interesting. Thank you dr. Chamovitz for let me being your student for last several weeks.

JL

Aug 28, 2017

The course does very good job for providing the planned content. However if you have already studied the field and want to have more deep understanding like I do, you need to look for other courses.

51 - 75 of 116 Reviews for Understanding Plants - Part II: Fundamentals of Plant Biology

By Eric H

Jun 22, 2018

A very informative and well-resourced course, presented in brief, powerful lectures accompanied by clear slides and videos.

By fernando g u

Dec 15, 2017

One of the most exciting Mooc I have had the opportunity to do.

By Violeta C

May 09, 2018

Great course! Professor Chamovitz's enthusiasm is contagious

By Arianwen G

Mar 24, 2017

This course is a great primer on plant biology. Danny Chamovitz provides clear instruction with relevant examples, and great objective and science-based information on the use and application of GMOs in modern agriculture, and its effects on our growing population.

By mariglen111

Mar 21, 2017

love this

By AT V

Dec 13, 2017

This course is an eye opener for me. I loved way plant biology is taught by Dr.Daniel Chamovitz. Now, Im exploring more of his teaching contents in web. Amazing teacher and a source of inspiration. Thank you so much for providing this course.

By Tamás C

Sep 06, 2017

Another superb lecture by professor Chamovitz. I love how the 2. part revises some lectures from the 1. part of the course - like a real university class. If someone is looking for a course on Coursera about plant biology, shouldn't look further. The courses which are made by Prof. Chamovitz and his team is worth both the money and time! I hope there will be a 3rd, 4th, and many more lectures!

I just wish there would be a source to order the book (What a plant knows) to Hungary!

By Antoine B

May 22, 2017

This was a very interesting and informative course on Plant Biology. I have already taken the course "What a Plant Knows", also available on Coursera, and I enjoyed it. Professor Chamovitz is a great lecturer. Thank you Professor Chamovitz for another great course on Plant Biology.

By Ludvig M

Feb 25, 2018

SUPER FUN!!

By Esraa A A A E

Jun 05, 2017

it is so amazing course really

By Pragyaa

May 16, 2017

Very Happy with the presentations they put in the lectures. Very comprehensibly put. This course says "Fundamentals of Plant Biology" and serves the same way. Not very advanced things but the ones that are put are worth going through to know/study. Thanks.

By Yechezkel S

Oct 17, 2016

This course provides a wonderful glimpse into the world of plant biology and is delivered in a very approachable way by a clearly passionate speaker.

By José R R L

Mar 27, 2017

Ótimo curso amei, explica de maneira fácil e objetiva

By Brando M C G

May 20, 2017

excellent

By Arun M

Feb 26, 2017

Excellent ! Now looking for part III

By matthew s

Sep 08, 2017

Easy paced and absorbing. Thank you for this course. I have learnt much that i did not know.

By Sandra C

Mar 26, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed the topic and the instructor. The 4 lecture was v engaging.

By sayna p

Jan 22, 2018

i would like to see more in depth lectures but this was a great intro, passionate professor, interesting material.

By Yu Z

Mar 06, 2017

I got full score in the week1, 3 and 4 quizzes!

By Zvi Z D C

Jul 10, 2017

Again a wonderful course, with only the transcription little problem. It is a very informative and well explained course and if you are a native English speaker, you'll enjoy even the glitches. A must if you are into biology.

By Andrey P

Nov 05, 2017

By jeffrey h

Nov 22, 2017

Clear. Sincere.

Would like to learn more about plant hormones etc

Transmits enthusiasm

By Paulina A O d Z

May 16, 2019

I loved both parts of this course. But I don't know why the "Part II" is not "Part I", because things they explained in "Part II" help to understand things in "Part I". "Part I" is more advanced.

By Jennifer V

Jun 19, 2019

Again, fascinating information that will help me as a biology teacher and gardener

By Mariana G G

Jun 20, 2019

Very interesting and clear course