Back to Portfolio and Risk Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Portfolio and Risk Management by Indian School of Business

4.4

This course teaches you the concepts of risk and expected return. This course presents an overview of the basic concepts and techniques used to construct financial portfolios. You will learn about the investment process and get a very good understanding of economic, industry, and company analyses. We will also look at understanding and interpreting major portfolio management and risk concepts. Through this course, you will discover the basic concepts of Modern Portfolio Theory. In the second half of the course we explore the frameworks to measure investment performance, as well as the various measures of investment performance. Finally, you will learn how to measure performance of equity, bonds and hedge funds. After completing this course, you will be able to appreciate the details that go into the creation of investment portfolios....

KK

Jul 10, 2020

I felt very happy of completion of the course and Coursera designing the course structure by and flexibility to reschedule the deadline. Importantly the instructor knowledge on the subject is superb.

MK

Jun 30, 2017

Thank you very much Ramabhadran Thirumalai Sir\n\nThis course is very helpful for learners. explaining method and class slides all are well organised.\n\ncourse went smoothly.

1 - 25 of 71 Reviews for Portfolio and Risk Management

By Venkata R S R

Nov 08, 2019

It is a little mathematical related. Some basic knowledge on probability and basic statistics like variance and standard deviation is required. Also, I feel more real world examples are required to make this course more useful in real time analysis.

Nov 28, 2016

Good course....but way out of my depth! Too mathematical for my liking; would have preferred more balance to this course!! None of us are going to calculate things to such an extent....

By Ashita G

May 20, 2016

There is a lot of material in this course that has not been explained

By Jacob F

Feb 24, 2020

This course was not designed for learning. Many of the more complex topics were assumed of us to have base knowledge already, and many of the examples were not worked out in order to show the process.

As well, I emailed Professor Thirumalai asking for help. I've since completed the course, and he has yet to respond at all. All in all, unhelpful professor, and not the most understandable course for beginners.

By srinivasacharyulu d

Sep 06, 2016

not very explanatory

By Ashish K

Oct 21, 2017

The worst course ever on Coursera! Seems like taking a math tutorial for middle school kids ..

By SHRADDHA T

Sep 24, 2020

💫💫This course is very helpful ✌✌for me and also good for every commerce student. Here i got learn about risk management and all about portfolio. I enhanced my financial management skills. Thanks coursera for this course 🤗🤗

By Priyanshu V

Dec 08, 2017

This course is like a essential step towards learning financial management. A great course with broad coverage of topics offering in depth and connective understanding.

By Maher g

Sep 06, 2016

the equations/math could have been delivered in a much better way

By kishore

Jul 10, 2020

By maanvendra k

Jun 30, 2017

Thank you very much Ramabhadran Thirumalai Sir

course went smoothly.

By Pragyansh S

Mar 30, 2019

One of the best course on Portfolio and Risk Management out there. I learned a lot from the program. Looking forward to more such courses on Coursera.

By Akshit S

Aug 24, 2020

Course is a little bit on the hard side for someone who hasn't have studied these terms before. Rest it is very well explained by Prof. Ram

By Gajanan R N

Aug 15, 2020

Good course this is A portfolio is a collection of securities investment which usually belongs to the same person or company.

By NAMAN P

Jul 12, 2020

I am Naman Patel. I am good and so happy about this course. This course is very important in my life. Thank You so much .

By Chinmay P

Sep 01, 2020

Excellent course.The instructor gives simple and lucid explanations.Ample relevant examples are given after each topic

By Ashok M

Nov 09, 2017

Amazing course. Has made a world of difference in my investments. I wish there could be more interaction with tutors.

By Maulik J

Apr 30, 2020

Good Course, Liked the teacher he was throrough and overall a good course to get introduced to the concept

By Mathias V D D

Dec 11, 2019

I really liked how the professor did start from scratch explaining everything.

By Amit K

Apr 08, 2018

This course explains the mathematical nuances of portfolio theory really well.

By Shubham D

May 23, 2019

Nice but a bit difficult than the first course in this specialization

By Saurabh K

May 30, 2016

Excellent course for people with little finance background.

By Can I

Jun 18, 2019

Thank you very much for the amazingly detailed program!

By Ayush G

May 12, 2020

It's a great course to learn about various portfolios

By natalia

Sep 16, 2017

I really like this course, tests are great, thanks!