Back to Positive Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course discusses research findings in the field of positive psychology, conducted by Barbara Fredrickson and her colleagues. It also features practical applications of this science that you can put to use immediately to help you live a full and meaningful life....

JC

Jul 03, 2018

One of the best psychology courses I have taken. I have learned so much and how simple it is to implement these principles into everyday life. Thank you for providing this rich material to all of us.

RP

Jun 11, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It is a area that bleeds into other fields of study and can be applied in many different settings. I enjoyed the varying uses of visuals, videos, and discussions

651 - 675 of 682 Reviews for Positive Psychology

By Randall L

Sep 04, 2015

The information is really great, but the format was tedious and dull. Ws hard to really get interested in the information in the way that it was presented. Contrast this with the Happiness course for a clue as to how to make the information more interesting and compelling as far as presentation is concerned.

By Alex Y

Jan 09, 2016

It's a good course and the contents are very helpful. There are important components like negativity bias and loving-kindness meditation. However I somehow feel it lacks a more systematic or scientific approach since lots of the materials goes on with a free and open discussion that very much depends on subjective views or feelings of selected individuals who joined the discussion. Take another example, "What is Love" session clearly depends an individual's own view. It contradicts "triangular theory of love" and the lecturer doesn't even explain why.

By Claire N M

Dec 16, 2015

This did not grab my attention like I thought it would. I did not finish the course, but the assignments were entirely too pointless for me to take seriously enough to continue. I very much enjoyed the idea of studying positive Psychology, but after a few class I realized it was very much common sense.

By 诸杨繁

Apr 21, 2016

Good. Easy to understand with simple exercises. Lots of things are learnt. But better be more interesting with more ways of presenting and showing.

By Shmayah

Oct 06, 2016

Good course but not enough new information and knowledge as expected

By Izabela F

Aug 20, 2015

a bit boring lectures

By Lothar H

Aug 28, 2015

the way this course was presented was quite unique: watching a few people from various walks of life (but most related to the University) discuss various topic and exchange opinion and experiences about positivity.

I liked the material provided for meditation about loving kindness and I have been using it on a daily (well 5 days a week) basis.

why I gave only 3 stars:

the material was overall rather shallow - after reading about positive psychology, I still very little substance it has to offer.

in addition. Barbare is not the greatest and most charismatic speaker in the world, although she did surprise me in her TED talk.

in general, human emotions are operating on a scale from positive to negative. Positive Psychology takes a one-sided approach by looking only on the plus side. That is about as incomplete as the approach of focusing only on the pathology. To fully grasp a human being, there must be a third way? is it philosophy?

By nelly a

Jun 16, 2016

Even though I liked how the teacher conducted her course in a dinamic way with 4 participants I expected more from this course.

By Rafif P I

Dec 16, 2015

Interesting subject, but I think it can delivered in more interactive ways. It fulls of conversation with the same setting. For instance, It will be more interesting if we put in different setting of conversation.

By Yushan S

Sep 06, 2015

Really a good course for people who suffers a lot in modern society. Some ways to cultivate positive emotions on this course really help me a lot. And the most important thing while learning this course is to practicing and applying it into reality, which is really amazing~~

By Rylee J

Oct 02, 2015

the set up for the course was choppy, with random intervals of questions. could definitely flow better

By Sandra L

Feb 26, 2016

Es un curso ameno para aquellos que les interese una introducción a la psicología positiva de una manera experiecial, ya que el curso no da muchas herramientas teóricas.

By Nicoletta M

Aug 29, 2016

It is a very interesting course. I was quite taken.

The teacher is good in her solos, and quite good while in the group. I dind't really like the massive use of the terms "kind of" (often used to explain concepts) and for this reason I still have to finish it.

I will quickly 'cause I 'm looking forward to learning something else.

By Samar Z H

Jun 16, 2018

the course rythme is really slow. the course gave me some great insight into positive emotions and how to create micromomnets that are full of them and share it with others but I think the course should be richer . every thing I learned here can be delivered in one or two videos or articles. to fill up the time needed for the course there was a lot of repetition. some videos were boring. overall it was a positive experience but I would not recommend this course to my friends. thank you

By Gianfranco M R

Mar 02, 2016

It could have been more dynamic . The interviews were boring and there wasn't enough content.

By Mohamed E B

Nov 29, 2016

weak

By Candelaria

Dec 22, 2017

This course is very informative in a scientific way, not much in a psychology way. I would have liked to explore more of Ms. Kelly Stack's vision rather than a scientific approach of positive psychology. I think t's an appropriate beginners course into psychology and positiveness.

By Ricky T

Oct 23, 2015

I'm sorry but I don't like the way this course was presented. Since this is about the science of happiness I would have preferred a more clinical approach.

By Michael C

Nov 07, 2016

Cours sympathique, mais un peu superficiel. Il traite la question de l'homme dans sa perspective positive, mais au cour du développement, il y a une inversion que je trouve pas si évidente. En effet, on passe d'un cours sur la détection des émotions positives et leur intérêt pour le fonctionnement psychologique à un cours où l'on essaye de générer du positif comme manière de traiter. Il n'y a pas beaucoup de place pour pouvoir penser le négatif que l'on peut vivre et par instant, j'ai un peu eu l'impression que l'accent porté sur le positif se transformer en une recherche de sentir ce positifs pour ces bienfaits, quitte à ce que cela soit un peu factice.

By Basel

Mar 22, 2016

Uncomfortable to watch and also a very outdated layout of the course, feels like a bad 90s American talk show.

By David L G

May 11, 2019

I didn't like how this course attempted to make me purchase it when I tried to complete the quizzes. Know that this course is only videos and exercises with no ability to get finished credit if you do not pay for it. I'll pay closer attention to this in the future. If any course does this to me again I'll withdraw. If it becomes apparent that this is a growing trend on Coursera I'll delete the app, delete the link to their website and utlize other services. Coursera should put a disclaimer in front of any course like this going forward. I would not have wasted my time taking the course if I couldn't get course completion credit for it.

By Kristina M

Jun 01, 2016

Cannot do the tests after modules, no reply from staff.

By Ali D

Aug 08, 2016

Not a positive act to make people pay to be able to participate in the quizzes. The other audited classes allow everyone to participate in everything. We just do not become certified if we have taken the class for audit rather than credit.

By Gabriela G

Mar 06, 2017

Very boring, not engaging at all. uses the phrase "you know" and "um" too much

By Ronald H

Jan 14, 2016

The course was not what I wanted