Back to Practical Reinforcement Learning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Practical Reinforcement Learning by National Research University Higher School of Economics

4.1

Welcome to the Reinforcement Learning course. Here you will find out about: - foundations of RL methods: value/policy iteration, q-learning, policy gradient, etc. --- with math & batteries included - using deep neural networks for RL tasks --- also known as "the hype train" - state of the art RL algorithms --- and how to apply duct tape to them for practical problems. - and, of course, teaching your neural network to play games --- because that's what everyone thinks RL is about. We'll also use it for seq2seq and contextual bandits. Jump in. It's gonna be fun! Do you have technical problems? Write to us: coursera@hse.ru...

AK

May 28, 2019

This is one of the Best Course available on Reinforcement Learning. I have gone through various study material but the depth and practical knowledge given in the course is awesome.

FZ

Feb 14, 2019

A great course with very practical assignments to help you learn how to implement RL algorithms. But it also has some stupid quiz questions which makes you feel confusing.

26 - 50 of 69 Reviews for Practical Reinforcement Learning

By Michel C

Jun 12, 2019

Submission python code is very buggy. Instructors are hard to understand.

By Milos V

Jan 30, 2019

This is my fourth AML course, and for now I would say it is the best one. It connects lectures and practice in the best way. On the other hand, there are mistakes all around, as it is beta-version. In my opinion, it is not fair to put the beta-version course into paid specialization.

By Anmol G

Jan 30, 2019

The content was tough but the efforts were appreciable even if there were some hiccups along the way. The best part of the course was the plethora of information you get, don't forget to check out the references at the end of notebooks ;)

By Meytal L

Jan 16, 2019

Great course. Thank you!

By Abhijeet R P

Jul 21, 2018

Nice intro to RL and Deep RL!

By Akshay B

Sep 04, 2018

Although still in its beta version this course is a comprehensive introduction to reinforcement learning.It doeshas some bugs in submission and in assignment code which I hope will be dealt with in future versions

By Abhilash V

Sep 14, 2018

This is a great introduction to reinforcement learning.I faced some problems in submitting assignments but the course content and the extra materials are really good.I think it is to RL what Andrew Ng's Course is to ML . You will implement algorithms like cross entropy method to DQNs and A3C .Assignments uses Open AI Gym so you can get some good practical results .Overall I loved this course and would like to recommend to any one who is getting started in Reinforcement Learning.

Thank you.

By RAM H

Sep 16, 2018

This is one of the best courses I have taken on Coursera, The course is very rich in content and methodically developed. Both lectures have done a wonderful job in delivering lecture with full energy and make difficult concepts graspable. Both programming assignments and quizzes are well thought out. My sincere appreciation and thanks.

By SagarSrinivas

Sep 29, 2018

Awesome. Worth it!

By Alex H

Aug 17, 2018

Learned a lot. The pace is quick and the assignment is challenging sometimes

By Ahmed R A

Jun 16, 2018

Excellent course

By Tom C

May 17, 2018

Great course. Best course so far on reinforcement learning.

By Jose S

Jun 13, 2018

This is a great course. There are some technical issues with the assignments but we knew this going in since the class is still in Beta. I learned a lot working through sections of the honors track. I recommend you download the assignments, install all python requirements and work locally. It would be great if they had a TA for this class, fortunately people in the forums were super helpful.

By Nimish S

Jun 30, 2018

great course and fabulous exercises

By Zoltan S

Jun 15, 2018

This is a challenging course. The material and the lectures are excellent. (There are a few minorproblems discussed in the forums where you might need a little patience and determination, but it is well worth it). I highly recommend it!

By Marcin G

May 30, 2018

Great practical assignments based on gym environment (from Open AI). Quizzes on the other hand tend to be very challenging and therefore might be a bit exhausting. Practical assignments are well designed and explanatory. I am convinced, that programming practices make it the best course on reinforcement learning currently available.

By Dmitry I

May 23, 2019

Very reinforcement, much learning

By Faris G

Jul 01, 2019

Loved the teaching.

By Lukas K

Aug 03, 2019

Nice introduction into Reinforcement Learning. I always wanted to try some of the problem in OpenAI Gym and here, I had a chance. Recommend to everyone who wants to get some introduction for RL.

By Murat Ö

Aug 14, 2019

This is really a good course to deeply understand and apply the reinforcement learning. Thanks to instructers...

By Debasis S

Sep 13, 2019

I loved this course, many things I have revisit to get a complete and thorough understanding, there is so much happening and so much to learn, and this course certainly showed me the possibilities. Thanks to the instructors and Coursera for this course

By Juxihong J

Sep 15, 2019

Fantastic class if you don't mind to overcome some code issues in the homework.

By Francesco Z

Sep 02, 2019

Very interesting topic and well taught. THX

By Roman P

Feb 05, 2019

Four stars only because the notebooks/excercises don't work well. Aside of that, I learned a lot in this class. Thank you!!

By 林佳佑

Jan 26, 2019

this course is helpful to learning Reinforce learning, but with some ambiguous context need a lot time to understand,