Back to Graphic Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Graphic Design by University of Colorado Boulder

Welcome to Graphic Design, the second course in the Effective Communications Specialization. Over 70 different companies have provided this specialization to their employees as a resource for internal professional development. Why? Because employers know that effective visual communication is the key to attracting an audience, building a relationship, and closing the sale. This practical course gives you the tools to create professional looking Powerpoints, reports, resumes, and presentations.. Using a set of best practices refined through years of experience, you’ll: • make your work look fresh and inspired. • apply simple design “tricks” to begin any project with confidence and professionalism. • receive and respond to criticism and revise your project from good to great. "This course is fantastic. It teaches a great amount of starter graphic design information but it is broken down into easily understood videos and quizzes. The quality was top notch and the interaction was as good as you would get in a brick and mortar school. I did not feel like I was missing anything by taking it online." - a recent Graphic Design student All of the course assignments can be completed with basic presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote. You’ll also have opportunities to explore and apply more sophisticated tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign....

RC

May 14, 2020

I think that the discussions would be more useful if students had detailed instructions on how to create the images in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint and then take a screenshot to make a jpeg image.

DC

Apr 11, 2020

I loved it its not on photoshop or any application but on the practicality on how to use everything is any design related work or medium\n\ngot to learn on maybe new minute things I used to ignore

76 - 100 of 276 Reviews for Graphic Design

By Mohamed Y M

Dec 28, 2018

BEST COURSE EVER HAD THANKS LECTURERS AND ALSO WHO OTHERS WHO APPEARS THIS COURSE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED I LOVE EASY AND EXPLAINING

By Tosin T

Oct 11, 2016

There were many elements of design I though I was familiar with but this course has helped me understand a lot more about design.

By Kwame A B

Oct 17, 2019

I really enjoyed this course to the maximum and advice anyone to get enrolled in this course if you are a fan of graphic design.

By Hardik R M

May 12, 2020

thank you soo much for this wonderful course

it help to make graphic knowledge more bold

it is very very helpful for my startup

By Thai-Hoa L

Apr 20, 2018

Made me more aware of powerpoint features and design in general. I now have a new perspective of what's being advertised to me.

By DIEGO E N H

Jan 20, 2018

This course is excellent. I learnt the graphic design process in such simple way. Thanks so much David Underwood and Coursera.

By PRANAV K

Apr 03, 2020

Thank u so much for clearing my basics and helping me to implement it my work to make it look amazing.and better than ever.

By Mushtakhusen S M

Jul 13, 2017

It was very useful and informative course. I found it very unique. I really enjoyed doing this course. Thank you very much.

By MEGHA P

May 09, 2020

learning this course was so amazing..during the course i improved the creativity .design skills ...and do's and dont's ...

By Dario S

Jan 27, 2019

great videos, great knowledge. It helped me so much of understanding design better and also helped my creative side a lot.

By Juhi M

Oct 24, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed taking this course and learnt a lot. The kind of things which we can do on powerpoint truly amazed me

By Bradley V B

Apr 22, 2020

I enjoy his easy-going and unpretentious style. I am partial to UC-Boulder because I lived in Boulder for over 7 years.

By camiel c

May 16, 2020

I learned a lot of useful information. Great course, detailed and easy for any learner to understand. Great practice!

By Karla G

Mar 26, 2018

Easy to learn, straight to the point and incredibly useful to be critical on your own work! He's a good professor.

By Piyush P

May 04, 2020

Great course and instuctor. It helped me prepare a good workflow for future projects and deepened my love for it.

By Bencherki M

Oct 02, 2018

Great course, I often re-wind some parts to enjoy them once again! Worth my time even in our daily busy schedules

By Sakshi

Sep 13, 2019

Basic and fundamental information about the graphic design in general. I really liked going through the course.

By Sondos f m a

It was a very important subject for me, and I learned a lot from it. Thank you, teacher. Thank you courser :)

By Antonio L N

Aug 10, 2017

Amazing course by Dave Underwood! Phenomenal basic techniques and shared wisdom. Immediate practical benefit.

By Fernando D

Oct 19, 2018

Very interesting, easy path to follow along. Great together with the first part, now with visual design

By Кропотов Н Д

Oct 03, 2018

Мне очень понравился этот курс , он был очень интересным. Спасибо всем кто приложил усилия к этому курсу.

By Samir M

Apr 23, 2020

great love this course, its pretty interesting concepts which we used to do without knowing the reason.

By Sundaram M

Jun 06, 2019

Was really helpful! Got to know a lot of Graphic Designing based technical terms, keywords and jargons.

By Pamela W

May 13, 2020

I enjoyed the class. I learned new creative ideas then making flyers, cropping photos and much more!

By DESHMUKH S V

Apr 25, 2020

It was a great start and great boosting sessions for those who are interested in the field.Great!