Back to The Power of Macroeconomics: Economic Principles in the Real World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Power of Macroeconomics: Economic Principles in the Real World by University of California, Irvine

In this course, you will learn all of the major principles of macroeconomics normally taught in a quarter or semester course to college undergraduates or MBA students. Perhaps more importantly, you will also learn how to apply these principles to a wide variety of situations in both your personal and professional lives. In this way, the Power of Macroeconomics will help you prosper in an increasingly competitive and globalized environment. This course is also available in Portuguese. To join the fully translated Portuguese version, visit this page: https://www.coursera.org/learn/macroeconomia-pt/...

HS
Jun 12, 2020

Very informative course to get a basic understanding of the pivotal and indispensable concepts of Macroeconomics and to embark on a life-long journey of studying the tenets of this beautiful science.

AG
May 9, 2020

The course helps you to have an insight about a lot of concpets in a really less amount of time. Moreover, most of the concepts are being explained with real life examples in a very well planned way

401 - 425 of 534 Reviews for The Power of Macroeconomics: Economic Principles in the Real World

By Виноградов Я Д

Aug 5, 2020

nice

By YOUNES E

Jul 14, 2020

good

By 张逸帆

Dec 6, 2017

good

By DAOU A Y J

Aug 26, 2015

w

By Gladstone M A J

Feb 7, 2016

I enjoyed a lot the course. Every Brazilian is a soccer coach and an economist, so I was very confortable with the topics and most of the content was more or less known, indeed.

The best is that it does not seem to follow excessively on a ideological line. It seems to be open minded. I think it is great!

Its excessive focus on industrialized countries is understandable. I think the last module about developing world seems too simplistic. I also think that opinions about american positions in the economic arena and happenings is somehow benevolent.

I expected a more mathematical approach, but I see that it may not make sense since it is a introductiory course.

I have not liked the exams, though, specially the final exam. They are much more about memorizing than deep understanding.

By Kevin G

Nov 17, 2015

Great course. Very easy to understand, effective slides, somewhat challenging tests, clear voice by the professor, professionally done. The only gripe I have is feeling like I did not learn as much as I wanted to. I do not think this is reflective of the professor or his style, it may have to do more with the subject. Macroeconomics is a social science, not much intense, groundbreaking material. Overall good, I would suggest it if you want a broad understanding of macroeconomic theories, the history, and its implications.

By Teemu R

Dec 29, 2018

This was a good course to support macroeconomics studies in another university. I particularly liked doing the quizzes after every module, and the exam at the end. Had this been my only source of macroeconomics studies, I probably would have found the videos too short and information packed. For a European student, this also has too much emphasis on the US economy and who-did-what rather than what was done. Still worth doing for sure.

By Bhavik A M

Aug 15, 2015

Very Good course for beginners in Economics. Very well explained principles using real-life examples and history as well. One thing I might suggest is maybe update the course regularly so that some of the things you say about developing nations are consistent with what is actually being observed today. I'm from Kenya as it is and I found some of the material very media-sensitized for developed nations.

By Valentin D

Aug 14, 2017

I'm quite happy with this course, and I definitely feel that having improved my understanding of the basic principles of macroeconomics, my understanding of other concepts in related fields of study will improve as well. My only complaint is that I felt that the explanation of calculating structural and cyclical debt was incomplete, and I was unable to follow the lecturer.

By Bing T

Jun 11, 2020

Frankly, This class is a little bit like a history class of Macroecnomics, which can definitely help you learn the basic ideas and evolvement of the subject. However, as an engineer background student, maybe there are too many "what" without "why" , which makes me feel difficult to get the logic behind the conclusions.

By Dion R

Dec 13, 2016

Really solid analysis from Trump's top economic advisor. I point that out as a warning before you start, but it was really and truly a useful and well-taught course. I highly recommend it. Best to come into the course with some level of background in economics, but Prof. Navarro breaks things down well in the videos.

By Zuchao W

Oct 22, 2016

Good introductory courses to macro-economy. Don't cost too much time each week and you learn a lot. But due to its brevity, many materials can not go deep. Especially for the last two weeks, the materials are mostly descriptive, lacking scientific models. I have to search for other materials to better understand it.

By Shivam A

Aug 25, 2015

Although the course cover everything there can be in Macro-economics, the course is tightly bound with US economy. Also the questions, some of them, in quiz are exact from the slides. I think there could have been changes. None the less, it was best thing i have learnt in past 6-12 months. Awesome going through it.

By Leonardo T

Sep 29, 2019

Well managed and full of examples course. It reflects well the "state of the art" of modern macroeconomics, but fails in giving a large perspective on the other macroeconomics schools. Overall it can be a glorious start in learning macroeconomics, explaining well the basis for a more deep study. Recommended.

By Julián O

Jan 7, 2020

I enjoyed very much taking this course. It helped me to refresh most of my macroeconomics knowledge as well as getting a good perspective of the impact of financial policies and the various schools of economics. I missed though some reading material to get deeper in some of these learnings.

By Lim Y T

Apr 24, 2020

Excellent course. As it teaches all the fundamental on the macroeconomics and grained better understanding on the circular flow of money and the various monetary theories. This is helpful as since in daily lives we came upon the daily news of whats happening in the Globe.

By Terry-Ann L

Feb 13, 2016

This course breaks down macroeconomics to a level that a beginner can understand, however, I wish the instructor had made available downloadable notes in either PDF or PowerPoint with the examples, graphs, key points etc. It would have been very helpful as study tools.

By tanmoy g

Apr 8, 2020

The course material is good but please make the tests a bit more engaging and moreover why do most of the answers have to be the first option? The quality of the quiz is low, the questions do not encourage us to think and options are poorly arranged.

By Ying Y

Jan 19, 2020

I spent 2 hours per week learning the video lessons and managed to pass weekly quiz. However, passing final exam requires more time on reviewing. Overall, the lecture is clear and comprehensive, and it helps me to understand the real world better!