Back to The Power of Microeconomics: Economic Principles in the Real World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Power of Microeconomics: Economic Principles in the Real World by University of California, Irvine

167 reviews

In this course, you will learn all of the major principles of microeconomics normally taught in a quarter or semester course to college undergraduates or MBA students. Perhaps more importantly, you will also learn how to apply these principles to a wide variety of real world situations in both your personal and professional lives. In this way, the Power of Microeconomics will help you prosper in an increasingly competitive environment. Note that this course is a companion to the Power of Macroeconomics. If you take both courses, you will learn all of the major principles normally taught in a year-long introductory economics college course....

OP

Oct 07, 2015

The course touches upon the various elements and concepts of Microeconomics very clearly and in a concise fashion.\n\nVery good course for anyone who wishes to understand the basics of microeconomics.

GT

Aug 19, 2015

Great class, extremely useful and with enough introductory mathematical concepts to clarify the claims it makes and create theoretical understanding behind the theories. Definitely recommended.

1 - 25 of 164 Reviews for The Power of Microeconomics: Economic Principles in the Real World

By Hermann D P

Apr 16, 2019

the videos are very clear and easy to understand. I really enjoied taking this course.

By John R T

Mar 28, 2019

This is an excellent introduction to microeconomics. Professor Navarro presents complex ideas clearly and well. The course is well organized. My only regret would be that many of the graphs illustrating important concepts are not available as a separate power point or PDF file. Would have been the cream on the cake.

By Rohan K

Mar 16, 2019

Great course! Gives you a good fundamental understanding the subject.

By Apeksha D

Mar 11, 2019

This was a very detailed course! I really appreciate Prof. Navaro's use of a number of distinctive examples that made it easy to follow the course and comprehend a lot of the major principles involved. It is a really good course for beginners with no background in Economics and I would thoroughly recommend it to anybody wanting to understand the fundamentals of microeconomics and use it in their personal lives.

By Archana M

Jan 29, 2019

Very informative and is definitely a must-know topic for all!

By Faisal D

Dec 02, 2018

Good practical examples from real world for learning micro economics more effectively and building concepts instead of memorizing.

By Davi M C d S

Dec 01, 2018

Both the mnacro and the Micro course are awesom, the lectures are very good and insightful.The theacher is very good.I hope you make more courses on the subject.

By Amin A Z

Nov 16, 2018

This course was one of the best ever studied course in my life.

Indeed, my dream came true when I enrolled this course.

This course is good base for you to start your journey of studying economics.

By Rose Y

Oct 13, 2018

Great professor and great contents.

By Vanshika J

Sep 19, 2018

The course was nothing more than what I am studying in school. In my opinion the online course offered by Khan Academy is much better than this.

By Francisco W

Aug 23, 2018

A bit outdated.

By J. S L

Aug 18, 2018

A great and thorough refresher for someone that hasn't taken this subject since they were in college 30+ years ago. The mathematics are virtually non-existent, although I do recommend copying the questions from the syllabus at the start of each lecture into a word processor and answering each one as the video discusses it. Great for reviewing the test material.

By Patrick S

Jun 28, 2018

Pre-recorded cheesy videos, most likely from the 80s-90s. In general, the course was helpful but could have been done much better. On a side note, the very same professor is now a part of the Trump administration shilling for protectionism against Europe and Canada. I won't be supporting any "courses" offered by him in the future.

By Amaani H

Jun 08, 2018

Clear & concise lectures that were easy to follow. Good introductory course.

By Emily E

May 21, 2018

Great course & great instructor. Slides were very well done and very helpful throughout the course. Would recommend.

By Livia I L

May 14, 2018

Good for understanding basic miconomic concept. I hope this course will be useful in my life.

By Pedro P P

Apr 10, 2018

It's been very useful and easy to follow. I want to do a Master Program on Philosophy & Economics and since I did my degree on Philosophy, now I need some economics background to enroll in that program. I think that this course has helped me to get the required knowledge.

By Waseem A A

Mar 31, 2018

complete microeconomics course !!

By Luis C d C J

Mar 27, 2018

Simple and interesting videos, an interesting and informative introduction to microeconomics.

By Nicolas R

Mar 21, 2018

Very well made and explained. I recommend it!

By Julie L

Nov 30, 2017

Great course , this course made me to love Economics

By 杨雅迪

Nov 19, 2017

Easy to understanding and useful in further study and life. Many thanks~